• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have schools closed nationwide or are some still open?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
With so much information out there and changing by the minute, it just occurred to me. Are some states still open for school?

I'm sure many are still open. Florida public schools are closed through at least April 15.

California and our school district is closed officially until April 13 but with the state on stay at home orders "until further notice" who knows how long they really will be. Governor has stated to be prepared for schools to NOT open this school year.

Ontario was supposed to go back April 5. Just announced not going to open April 5 and no date given.

Ours are still set to open 4/1, but we’re in NYS so I expect that will change.

What about places like Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, Alaska? Haven’t heard much about them.

The teachers are back from spring break today, so I am sure they are figuring out what is going on.
We are still just listed until mid April, but I think that will change

What about places like Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, Alaska? Haven’t heard much about them.

Arizona here

Here in Maryland, schools right now are set to reopen next Monday, March 30, but everyone is waiting for our Superintendent to make an announcement this week and delay the opening of schools. (Public School Grade 2 teacher here and no one has told us anything).

Our governor has said that our school buildings are closed “indefinitely” School districts have until 4/1 to implement an approved alternative learning plan or it starts counting against them and those days will need to be made up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter