• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have fun storming the castle! A Feb. 2010 PTR - Mods I can be closed now!

Oh gosh, I forgot to say - congrats Camille on your weight loss! You rock! You should definitely get a new longhorns shirt. Your daughter's sound cute.

I will be sporting a Saints shirt and an LSU shirt too. I think we'll plan a day for everyone to wear each.

Hi Elizabeth :wave2:

I am a little late but I finally made it here. You must be very exciting since you are only a little over 2 weeks away from the trip. We were there about the same time last year. The weather was awesome, mid 70 to low 80. Not too hot and not too warm.

Did you get your new car yet? Car purchase is always very stressful for me. That's why I choose to keep fixing my ride rather than replacing it. BTW, your wedding pictures looked great!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I am not a binder planning kinda guy. Since I bought a used iPhone last year, all my schedule and notes are in the iPhone now. Very convenience. :thumbsup2 I bought a Disney Dining plan iPhone app for $2. So far, I thought it's awesome. I can input all my ADR confirmation # and the app will keep track of all our reservation. It has information of all the Disney restaurants, which one is on the dining plan and which one is not. It even has the menu of all the restaurants.

Sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience from certain member here. I agreed with other readers here. Report him and let the mod ban him.

I got to go to work now. Too bad I can DISing at work because they block it. I only have like an hour or less to sign on everyday when I get home. Very limited time for me to comment anything. Some time I will squeeze in for like 15 or 30 minutes before I go to work like this morning. It's very inconvenient. Then again, if work didn't block it, I might not able to get any work done. :lmao:

Have a wonderful and magical trip!! :wizard: pixiedust: I can't wait to read your TR.

TopDog, your such a nice guy.
Elizabeth, you'll love having TD apart of your report. He's a good guy. :thumbsup2 His wife can kick some serious booty, she has earned like a 100 black belts. :laughing: TopDog takes really amazing pictures, if you have a chance you should check out his last TR, the pictures are really great.

I will be sporting a Saints shirt and an LSU shirt too. I think we'll plan a day for everyone to wear each.

I am so excited for your Saints! Especially since it gave us better food for our Superbowl party. I don't even know what Minnesota food would be. Bratwurst? As it is all we could come up with for Indiana is corn. But that's okay, it will go great with our fried catfish and gumbo!

Hi Elizabeth :wave2:

I am a little late but I finally made it here. You must be very exciting since you are only a little over 2 weeks away from the trip. We were there about the same time last year. The weather was awesome, mid 70 to low 80. Not too hot and not too warm.

Did you get your new car yet? Car purchase is always very stressful for me. That's why I choose to keep fixing my ride rather than replacing it. BTW, your wedding pictures looked great!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I am not a binder planning kinda guy. Since I bought a used iPhone last year, all my schedule and notes are in the iPhone now. Very convenience. :thumbsup2 I bought a Disney Dining plan iPhone app for $2. So far, I thought it's awesome. I can input all my ADR confirmation # and the app will keep track of all our reservation. It has information of all the Disney restaurants, which one is on the dining plan and which one is not. It even has the menu of all the restaurants.

Sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience from certain member here. I agreed with other readers here. Report him and let the mod ban him.

I got to go to work now. Too bad I can DISing at work because they block it. I only have like an hour or less to sign on everyday when I get home. Very limited time for me to comment anything. Some time I will squeeze in for like 15 or 30 minutes before I go to work like this morning. It's very inconvenient. Then again, if work didn't block it, I might not able to get any work done. :lmao:

Have a wonderful and magical trip!! :wizard: pixiedust: I can't wait to read your TR.

Topdog! :welcome: I'm so excited to have you here! I can't wait for my TR either. :rotfl: Hopefully it will be more organized than this mess, although the photos won't hold a candle to yours I'm sure. And thank you about the wedding pics. :flower3:

Haven't got the car yet, my lease is up the end of February so I have a few weeks. DH is coming with me this weekend, I found a 2007 Saab 93 with only 8K miles and a clean record, so it is looking like a winner right now. Good price too.

I did report weird dude, didn't hear anything back but hopefully he is gone from these boards. :mad:

Oh, and I have the disboards iphone app, whatever it's called (eticket?), it does have some cool features. I think some of it will be more useful once we're there (like the gps maps) but the restaurant info will come in handy. And has prevented me from printing out the menus of the restaurants we're eating at! :rotfl: I think it will be really good for counter service because I'm not planning those.

I'm one of those goofy people who has to have it on computer AND in hard copy. :rolleyes:

TopDog, your such a nice guy.
Elizabeth, you'll love having TD apart of your report. He's a good guy. :thumbsup2 His wife can kick some serious booty, she has earned like a 100 black belts. :laughing: TopDog takes really amazing pictures, if you have a chance you should check out his last TR, the pictures are really great.

Camille, I know! I did read his TR and his current PTR too - in fact I showed Donna Sue some of his pics and that's one of the big reasons we picked WL.

Sixteen days! Y'all, I have some serious planning to do.

Oh gosh, I forgot to say - congrats Camille on your weight loss! You rock! You should definitely get a new longhorns shirt. Your daughter's sound cute.

Ooooh, thank you! I'm so sorry I missed this!! I can't believe I didn't see it until today. Please, forgive.
I saw your pictures of you and hubby dancing at your wedding over on Jordy's PTR! :banana: Soooo cute!! I loved seeing those! Did you see Winkers dance?!? Oh my goodness!!! :rotfl: So dang funny!
I'm happy about losing the weight I've lost, but I have a looot of weight left to go, so please keep me in your thoughts.:banana: I would like to see myself at a number I haven't seen for a while before I go on my trip. I want to be at the point I have to return my clothes for the trip because they're to big for me to wear. :yay: I think I can do that! :banana:

Ooooh, thank you! I'm so sorry I missed this!! I can't believe I didn't see it until today. Please, forgive.

Don't be silly! And you're welcome. :)
I saw your pictures of you and hubby dancing at your wedding over on Jordy's PTR! :banana: Soooo cute!! I loved seeing those! Did you see Winkers dance?!? Oh my goodness!!! :rotfl: So dang funny!

thanks! I know it's been two years, I should really stop posting wedding pictures but it makes me happy to look at them. And Winkers is hilarious, her TRs were some of the first I read and that's what brought me to Jordy, etc.
I'm happy about losing the weight I've lost, but I have a looot of weight left to go, so please keep me in your thoughts.:banana: I would like to see myself at a number I haven't seen for a while before I go on my trip. I want to be at the point I have to return my clothes for the trip because they're to big for me to wear. :yay: I think I can do that! :banana:

I know you can do it! I have a lot to lose too, I am happy with how I am doing right now but I need to stick with it and get back to "normal" by summer, or at least my birthday! I am about 6 pounds away from where I wanted to be when we leave, and have 2 weeks left (I will weigh tomorrow actually and then have 2 weeks) so we'll see how it goes. Returning the clothes would be so awesome!

So, I did a little shopping today. I had originally planned to get Donna a bottle of champagne for her birthday but when we ordered groceries it just made more sense to split everything including the wine (I think we have more champagne than food ordered. Just saying.)

Revised plan - I decided to get her a pin lanyard and pouch to carry around her KTTW and fastpasses, etc. Of course I wanted one too so I got two different ones and will let her have first choice. :lmao: I'll give this to her probably on the plane, the other half of her birthday present she will get on her birthday.

Well then Disney was having free shipping if you bought X amount, and some of the tee shirts were on sale, and....fuzzy Disney math strikes again. I set out to get half a birthday present and ended up with all this (I intended to post pictures but forgot that the disney store has their pictures in flash and I don't know how to grab them):

2 lanyard pouches (the 10 year anniversary ones)
1 princess lanyard/starter pin kit
1 tinkerbell lanyard/starter pin kit
1 tinkerbell collage tee shirt
1 winnie the pooh glitter personality tee shirt
1 minnie mouse rolled sleeve tee shirt

My story for DH is that now I won't need to buy any tee shirts at WDW. I will figure out what to tell him about what I buy at WDW when I return.:rotfl2:

The other half of Donna Sue's birthday present is a shirt DH is designing for both of us to wear the day of her birthday - it says "You're Never Too Old To Be A Princess" (of course) and then it has a tiara, our name and a picture of the castle. And yes, it's pink. I'll post a picture when I get home - he did so good!

So, I did a little shopping today. I had originally planned to get Donna a bottle of champagne for her birthday but when we ordered groceries it just made more sense to split everything including the wine (I think we have more champagne than food ordered. Just saying.)

Revised plan - I decided to get her a pin lanyard and pouch to carry around her KTTW and fastpasses, etc. Of course I wanted one too so I got two different ones and will let her have first choice. :lmao: I'll give this to her probably on the plane, the other half of her birthday present she will get on her birthday.

Well then Disney was having free shipping if you bought X amount, and some of the tee shirts were on sale, and....fuzzy Disney math strikes again. I set out to get half a birthday present and ended up with all this (I intended to post pictures but forgot that the disney store has their pictures in flash and I don't know how to grab them):

2 lanyard pouches (the 10 year anniversary ones)
1 princess lanyard/starter pin kit
1 tinkerbell lanyard/starter pin kit
1 tinkerbell collage tee shirt
1 winnie the pooh glitter personality tee shirt
1 minnie mouse rolled sleeve tee shirt

My story for DH is that now I won't need to buy any tee shirts at WDW. I will figure out what to tell him about what I buy at WDW when I return.:rotfl2:

The other half of Donna Sue's birthday present is a shirt DH is designing for both of us to wear the day of her birthday - it says "You're Never Too Old To Be A Princess" (of course) and then it has a tiara, our name and a picture of the castle. And yes, it's pink. I'll post a picture when I get home - he did so good!

Love the shopping expedition! You did good! I'm thinking I need to buy our pin lanyards before hand also. I wonder if there's anything my daughter will like? I personally won't do the pin lanyard as much as I would like to, it makes me overly warm to add anything around my neck. It's not pretty to walk around looking like this :scared: when in "The World." :laughing: I'm thinking since we're going in May, it will more than likely happen any way. What do you do? ;)

Can't wait to see pictures of the t-shirt's your DH is making. :banana:
Hope you had a good day, have a wonderful weekend. Are you going to buy your car this weekend?

You're making me want to do some DisneyShopping now.

I love your reasoning. Can't wait to hear your excusing when you come back with more stuff.

Donna Sue is going to have a great birthday. What day will you'll be wearing the shirts? I want to keep an eye for them.

Love the shopping expedition! You did good! I'm thinking I need to buy our pin lanyards before hand also. I wonder if there's anything my daughter will like? I personally won't do the pin lanyard as much as I would like to, it makes me overly warm to add anything around my neck. It's not pretty to walk around looking like this :scared: when in "The World." :laughing: I'm thinking since we're going in May, it will more than likely happen any way. What do you do? ;)

Can't wait to see pictures of the t-shirt's your DH is making. :banana:
Hope you had a good day, have a wonderful weekend. Are you going to buy your car this weekend?

Nope, did more looking but no car yet. This weekend I guess. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. I have decided on the Saab though; just want to go to my local Saab dealer and see if they can beat the deal that Carmax has on a used one.

I really need to post those! I've had a hard time getting on the computer at home lately. Just too much to do!

They had quite a few cute lanyards. They have a good selection on ebay too, but I am in the process of shutting down my paypal account due to someone hacking it :headache: so I went with Disney directly.

You're making me want to do some DisneyShopping now.

I love your reasoning. Can't wait to hear your excusing when you come back with more stuff.

Donna Sue is going to have a great birthday. What day will you'll be wearing the shirts? I want to keep an eye for them.

My DH was like "you bought shirts? Disney shirts?" I think he wonders where else I plan on wearing a tinkerbell shirt. :lmao:

She is so excited. Her birthday is Wednesday so that's the day we'll have the shirts and tiaras on. We will be at MK that day, at least at the beginning.

Okay, so I mentioned somewhere that I was clumsy - maybe on Jordan's trip report.

I'm 95% sure that I broke my little toe last night tripping on the futon. It went 90 degrees away from the rest of my toes and now it's purple. I'm going to try to go to urgent care this afternoon and see if they can at least tape it up better than my DH did last night. It hurts like heck!

We leave for Disney in 11 days. Needless to say, I canceled my pedicure appointment today. :sad2:

Okay, so I mentioned somewhere that I was clumsy - maybe on Jordan's trip report.

I'm 95% sure that I broke my little toe last night tripping on the futon. It went 90 degrees away from the rest of my toes and now it's purple. I'm going to try to go to urgent care this afternoon and see if they can at least tape it up better than my DH did last night. It hurts like heck!

We leave for Disney in 11 days. Needless to say, I canceled my pedicure appointment today. :sad2:
:scared1::scared1:
Get better soon!

I know Crocs aren't stylish but they are the most comfy shoes I own. If they help your toes feel better I say wear them.

Having a wheel chair as back up is a good idea too. Anything not to miss your Disney fun.

I know Crocs aren't stylish but they are the most comfy shoes I own. If they help your toes feel better I say wear them.

Having a wheel chair as back up is a good idea too. Anything not to miss your Disney fun.

I am really glad I have a pair, that's for sure! they're also wide enough that I don't have to worry about re-bumping my toe.

So, what about you? Are y'all all ready to go?

I have been ignoring my own TR but you know how it is right before you go...running around like a crazy person! Luckily I had today off due to snow (now why it snowed 8 inches in Dallas yesterday I have no clue).

Oh, and I think I found my car...2008 with less than 15K miles and right at my price range...they are holding it for me until I get back! I love my car dealership!

So when I get back I will start my TR...see ya!

Okay people - I have asked the moderators to close this PTR. I haven't decided for sure on writing a TR, I don't know if I have enough pics or memory of funny details.

If I do, look for a TR named "You know all the queens are evil right?" coming soon to the TR board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter