Haunted places in California

old lady

DIS Veteran
I heard that the Queen Mary is haunted, Winchester house is too as well as Alcatraz prison. I even heard that the USS Midway was just as haunted as Lexington in Texas is. pirate:

I heard there is a mansion in Anaheim that has 999 ghosts!

I don't know about haunted, but I did enjoy touring the Winchester Mystery House. It was interesting to walk through. I went once when I was about 10 years old, then twice as an adult - once with some friends and once with my family.

During halloween several years ago I took a haunted tour of the Queen Mary. The tour includes areas that are reported haunted but I personally think they cheap it down by introducing fog, flashing lights, fake footsteps, etc. It may have changed since I visited but I would prefer to explore the ship on my own. If you really want a true Southern California haunted experience you need to visit Linda Vista Hospital in East Los Angeles.

I heard that the Queen Mary is haunted, Winchester house is too as well as Alcatraz prison. I even heard that the USS Midway was just as haunted as Lexington in Texas is. pirate:

The Whaley House in Old Town San Diego is haunted! If you're going to the USS Midway, check out the Whaley House.

The USS Hornet in San Francisco Bay is also haunted.
Syfy´s Ghost Hunters even investigated there a while ago

Furthermore there are several rumors about hauntings in Titanic Exhibit @ Luxor in Las Vegas

we have stayed on the Queen Mary and had an 'encounter' with a phantom fragrance (very strong rose smell). We also did the tour but not at Halloween and it wasn't 'kitsched up' any. We LOVE the QM.

we have stayed on the Queen Mary and had an 'encounter' with a phantom fragrance (very strong rose smell). We also did the tour but not at Halloween and it wasn't 'kitsched up' any. We LOVE the QM.

My brother and sister-in-law insist a spirit was in their QM room. They bolted out of there and were back home in Carlsbad before 3 a.m.

My wife and I stayed on the QM for her birthday last year and took one of the ghost walk tours. Had several interesting things happen, sounds mostly, ones that were definitely not faked. Lots of orbs, and an extremely oppressive feeling in the pool room. Later that night in our room, I kept hearing violin music that sounded like it was coming from an old Victrola.

We booked a room on the Queen Mary for our last night this summer; can't wait! The ghost tours are out of our price range after Disney, but I know my teens will be excited, If you stay overnight they'll give you the audio tour for free.

Apparently, my grandparents took a trip on the QM to Europe back in the day :).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Winchester Mansion San Jose, CA
Alcatraz Island San, Francisco, CA
Haight - Ashbury, San Francisco, CA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter