• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunted Mansion

hawkeyesparks

DIS Veteran
Anyone know why the haunted mansion has such long wait times today? Right now it’s three hours! More than any other ride at WDW

I don't know for sure, but my best guess would be a problem with one of the preshow rooms. - I think when it's busy, they normally alternate to keep the flow going. If they can't do that, the line moves much more slowly.

Buzz Lightyear has had absurd times today ws well. 60 minutes when I walked past it this afternoon. We just got here today and I'm a little worried when I see times like that...

It is showing at 120 min. right now. I am wondering if I should change my fastpasses for Tuesday and switch plans a bit.

No no no, is anyone reading the prior posts? This is a one-off because of the rain. Haunted Mansion is NOT a good use of a fastpass on almost every day.

No no no, is anyone reading the prior posts? This is a one-off because of the rain. Haunted Mansion is NOT a good use of a fastpass on almost every day.
But today it has a high wait time as well? That is why I am wondering. Is it like this daily? And if not, is Haunted Mansion easy for a fourth pass?

I was wondering this same thing—the wait for HM was longer than 7D for sometime...very weird. I do think it’s a good 4th/5th FP selection. the wait was pretty consistent at 60 min when we were there a few weeks ago, and that standby line is hot until you get to the receiving rooms! We used it as a 4th FP in the early afternoon and breezed right in.

It’s 20 minutes now. Every ride has weird spikes—maybe they had an outage—but eventually it averages out.

Something is going on. Right now it is showing a 75 minute wait on the app. but BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Liberty Square Riverboat, Tom Sawyer Island, Swiss Family Treehouse and Tomorrowland Speedway are all showing as temporarily closed

Something is going on. Right now it is showing a 75 minute wait on the app. but BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Liberty Square Riverboat, Tom Sawyer Island, Swiss Family Treehouse and Tomorrowland Speedway are all showing as temporarily closed
They always close the outdoor rides during severe thunderstorms, which is like every day in the summer in Orlando. We like going in the summer, but we definitely know to bring ponchos and aim to be near tiki room and country bears when the inevitable storm hits so we can dash indoors.

I know they started some kind of renovation with the que line recently. Most of the awnings were removed which made it crazy hot in the fast pass line yesterday. I also noticed they ‘conveniently’ had an ice cream cart about halfway down the regular que since it was so hot. My guess on the long wait times for HM was combo of weather and renovations.

I read a Tweet earlier that said one of the stretching rooms is offline. They didn’t say if it was for refurb or just offline temporarily.

I checked the refurb list on AllEars.Net and HM was not on the refurb list, so it was probably just temporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter