Haunted Mansion vs Pirates of the Caribbean

Better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Mouseketeer
Haunted Mansion | Disneyland Park

Pirates of the Caribbean | Rides & Attractions | Disneyland Park

I gotta vote for HM beacue it's my favorite, though actually if you are just comparing DL POTC to HM, POTC has th eedge. At MK, HM is a bit better, and POTC is worse, so my vote is really for MK HM, but it translates to the DL version as well.

I'd have to choose:
C: Both of the Above
D: Pirates, Jungle Cruise & Haunted Mansion.

If I ever can't do all three (expect for refurb) I'd be beyond heartbroken and give up on Disney - those three are vital for me to feel like I "did" Disney.

I put HM, but in reality I can't exactly choose between them. Pirates is just so fabulous and what they managed to do with it is incredible. HM is just so fabulous and what they managed to do with it is incredible. You see the dilemma?

So why did I choose HM over Pirates? Well, I guess it's because I could go on HM more times than Pirates in a day and I'm not sure why. Maybe because it's always a little different and I'm still seeing things I hadn't realized were there (or don't remember). Maybe it's that it's part 'this' (walk-through) and part 'that' (ride). Maybe it's the seasonal change to HMH, which I'll honestly admit I hated for the first several years but have come to greet with happy expectation. I can't wait to see the year's gingerbread house. But then, I go several times a year now so change-up is kind of nice. I used to go only in the fall and winter and I always missed the original HM.

So I said HM is the choice for me but dang, Pirates! I love Pirates! You go down waterfalls. You wind through bayou country and tropical islands and pirate battles and you're witness to town vs pirates. I love Ol' Bill and the kitty having a tot o' rum. And who doesn't LOVE the treasure room? So really, I just can't say that choosing HM was correct. I love them both soooooo much. I'm glad I don't have to pick one IRL.

Pirates. I love them both, but if you told me I could only go on one, I would choose Pirates every time.

I was always a huge POTC fan, but since covid the chemical undercurrent to the air has made the ride rather unenjoyable. I've always had a strong sense of smell, but this last trip (May 2023), even masked, the chemical smell was almost overwhelming. I called it my last Pirates ride and until they fix the air flow it's off our list.

I love both but Pirates.

Maybe a few years back when the Pirates ride was more movie focused it could be argued HM is the better ride but the current version of Pirates is pretty dam great.

I also hope the Bride is updated one day, she just feels pretty meh

I never ride HM because my kids hate the screaming in the stretching room (I hate it too, it's annoying). I don't miss it.

Pirates is a "every once in awhile" ride for us, but I always enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter