Haunted Mansion vs Pirates of the Caribbean

Better ride?

• Total voters

A few years ago I may have gone Pirates before I went to Disneyland and rode that version. I still like the ride, but now know I'm getting the lesser version of it and that leaves a slight sour taste in my mouth.

Agree. The Disneyland version is superior. Would have been a tougher choice.

I love Haunted Mansion - though I wish WDW got the awesome holiday overlay we have here at DL. I was ready to hate it but find it so charming and fun that I want to find excuses to visit during the last third of the year!

As for Pirates...one of the videos I saw talking about preparations for Shanghai Disneyland described showing the Chinese park executives around the American parks and them not being excited for Pirates, something like "They said they felt like there was adventure happening out there somewhere, but not where we were." And that's largely how I feel - especially after getting to ride the one at Shanghai, which is off the charts. Some of the older rides are charming and fun (see Haunted Mansion for example), and I love the song, but for me it's just kinda...meh. I prefer WDW's to DL's (because while I love the bayou departure, I hate the random ride back through the line part at DL and always get bored during the cave section), but it's one of those rides I don't mind skipping.

I prefer the original Pirates... I saw it in the first year of opening in WDW in 1972. The movies don't belong in it as far as I'm concerned. (unpopular opinion I'm sure)
The Haunted Mansion has has some small changes but is overall the most impeccable ride of all time.

Love both, but chose The Haunted Mansion. Lots of laughs and ”fake” screaming.....what a good time! Disneyland’s Pirate version is better IMHO, but both are pretty wonderful!

Can't pick between the two. These are the most classic Disney attractions to me. I have memories from 1960s DL of riding these two attractions. Have not been to DL since 1968. It's on my bucket list...on the way to Aulani...if I win the lottery...or when I retire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter