Haunted Mansion New Photopass Photo!

Am I reading things correctly that there's no option to get the photo unless you have a Magic Band?

We are doing DAH on May 9th and will have Memory Maker for the day but no Magic Bands.
It's just like SDMT. The long distance RFID chip in the Magic Band is necessary for the photo to be captured and sent to the PhotoPass portion of your MDE account. I don't believe they will be adding a touch point monitor bank at the end of the ride like they have at Splash and Buzz.

It's just like SDMT. The long distance RFID chip in the Magic Band is necessary for the photo to be captured and sent to the PhotoPass portion of your MDE account. I don't believe they will be adding a touch point monitor bank at the end of the ride like they have at Splash and Buzz.

Well, crud :headache:. I guess I need to decide if those pics will be worth the cost of a magic band.

Contact the PhotoPass people via the link for Lost Photos on the website. They've been wonderful finding photos for me over the years, or telling me that yes, there were technical issues and the photos weren't taken.
Thank you I'll try that!

How long does it take to show up? I saw the flash yesterday but its still not in my MDE

If anyone hasn’t already realized, the photo is taken right at the beginning of the ride at the end of the hallway with portraits. The last two portraits on the right flash pretty bright, so you’ll get a warning a few seconds ahead and prepare yourself before you approach the camera at the portraits!

We rode HM on Thursday and I'm pretty sure the Medusa portrait is the one that takes the picture with the lightening flashes. It is the last one on the right.

How long does it take to show up? I saw the flash yesterday but its still not in my MDE

There’s really no way to know when any photos will show up. I was at Epcot Tuesday (5/7) and all of my photos from that day were showing up after they were taken. But none of my photos from 5/4, 5/6, and 5/8 showed up until Thursday (5/9). A few missing photos from the week also showed up today.

Try filling out the missing photo report if it's longer than 24 hrs. We did that while still at Disney and got our Pirates ride photo in about 2 days.

Well, crud :headache:. I guess I need to decide if those pics will be worth the cost of a magic band.
Gina,
The pics are ABSOLUTELY worth it.
There are people (like us) who have multiple magic bands. I am sure you have someone in your circle who has an extra MB that they can disable from their profile and would allow you to attach it to yours. At least I think that is possible. IF so, you would not need to spring up any $$$ for a MB.
Alternatively, all you would need is 1 MB for the whole party. If the above method did not work, you could always minimize your spend.

Gina,
The pics are ABSOLUTELY worth it.
There are people (like us) who have multiple magic bands. I am sure you have someone in your circle who has an extra MB that they can disable from their profile and would allow you to attach it to yours. At least I think that is possible. IF so, you would not need to spring up any $$$ for a MB.
Alternatively, all you would need is 1 MB for the whole party. If the above method did not work, you could always minimize your spend.

I believe once a magicband is linked to a profile, that's where it stays. I'm pretty sure someone else mentioned about borrowing a friend or relative's magic band and it was said that's not possible for what they wanted. Which I think was for the Memory Maker and one person having it so they could get those cool pics that require it. If I'm wrong, I hope someone will speak up.

I believe once a magicband is linked to a profile, that's where it stays. I'm pretty sure someone else mentioned about borrowing a friend or relative's magic band and it was said that's not possible for what they wanted. Which I think was for the Memory Maker and one person having it so they could get those cool pics that require it. If I'm wrong, I hope someone will speak up.
You're not wrong. Once a Magic Band is added to an individuals MDE, it's there for good whether you mark it as Active or Inactive. I know of no way to transfer a used Magic Band to another account.

You're not wrong. Once a Magic Band is added to an individuals MDE, it's there for good whether you mark it as Active or Inactive. I know of no way to transfer a used Magic Band to another account.
Thank you both. I was not sure, but now am :).
I think this is a waste on Disney's part. It may not be too much of an effort to recycle used MB among people. Then again, I will defer to them on the strategy. You don't get that big and profitable unless you know what you are doing.

Thank you both. I was not sure, but now am :).
I think this is a waste on Disney's part. It may not be too much of an effort to recycle used MB among people. Then again, I will defer to them on the strategy. You don't get that big and profitable unless you know what you are doing.

Disney wants each person buying a MagicBand, not passing them off from person to person between trips.

So if just one person in a party of 4 had a magic band, that would work? The ride seats people 2 by 2. If I had the band and my son was beside me, it would still take my husband & daughter's photo as well in another row?

So if just one person in a party of 4 had a magic band, that would work? The ride seats people 2 by 2. If I had the band and my son was beside me, it would still take my husband & daughter's photo as well in another row?
No, there would need to be a magic band in each car.

If only 1 had a magic band, maybe you could submit a missing photo request, and simply say it was the car before/after the one you have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter