Haunted Mansion is open !!!!!

Syndrome

Who's super now?
Just wanted to let everyone know . ..... the mansion is OPEN !!!! I am in line right now . No fast pass today , but it's open none the less !!!!

I feel like this is early! I think I read it was re-opening around December 20th (?), so that's great news.

Enjoy!

Why was it closed? Anything new? I'll be there soon.

If you can report back and let us know what they changed I would greatly appreciate it!

Didn't notice anything new . No picture spot as rumored . I don't remember a man and women dinning at a table in the cemetery scene though ???? Anyone remember that ?
It's amazing how fast the line goes with no fast pass in operation ........ It's like old times !

The dining couple in the cemetery have always been there.

Thanks for the head's up. We are there for MCVMP on the 18th and it was supposed to be closed then.

Woohoo! So glad to hear that!! I was worried.....we are 1 week away from our trip!

Didn't notice anything new . No picture spot as rumored . I don't remember a man and women dinning at a table in the cemetery scene though ???? Anyone remember that ?
It's amazing how fast the line goes with no fast pass in operation ........ It's like old times !

There are no FP???? I have one for December 27... have they done away with this and where the heck have I been? LOL

I noticed at Disneyland they would let the dusting go on some parts of the ride, including the cemetery scene. It adds to the ambiance. However, as they do that they tend to turn the lights a bit lower. When they close the ride down for maintenance they replace all the light bulbs and clean everything up. Because it is lighter you can see more detail, like the couple in the cemetery.

There are no FP???? I have one for December 27... have they done away with this and where the heck have I been? LOL

No, the HM was supposed to be closed for rehab until 12/19. Since it was not supposed to be opened at all today, they do not have any FP available for today.

Yep , sorry about that ...... No fast passes just for today since it just opened ahead of schedule .
We actually just got a fast pass for HM because Pirates went down and updated to work at the HM . Since the FP+ was not available to book ahead of time for today , our bonus FP+ was a completely open line .

And it's closed again. For technical difficulties. Yay. I left another park for this. But good to hear that nothing has changed?

Whew! Thanks LOL

Oh, sorry to hear about the closing again!

So no ride photo? Bummer, I was really hoping that rumor would turn out to be true.

Not that I could see anywhere. Went on it a few times today, and looked really hard for something , but couldn't find anything. Looked especially hard at the end "ghost in the doombuggy" scene, and could see anything that resembled cameras. No monitors to be found at the end of the ride, or in the HM store .

If you can report back and let us know what they changed I would greatly appreciate it!

I did notice something else I never took notice before, so either I have been missing it all these years or its a new scene ...........

Right after you board your doom-buggy and the lap-bar closes , I think there a new scene BEFORE the library, and before the downward slope with the paintings on the right that change with the lightning effects.
There is a statue/bust on the left side, with a large staircase that starts at statue/bust on the left side and rises to above the doom-buggy path. There is a floating candelabra above the top of the staircase landing.
This is literally the FIRST scene you see as the doom-buggy leaves the loading area ............why don't I ever remember seeing this .........is it new ?

I did notice something else I never took notice before, so either I have been missing it all these years or its a new scene ...........

Right after you board your doom-buggy and the lap-bar closes , I think there a new scene BEFORE the library, and before the downward slope with the paintings on the right that change with the lightning effects.
There is a statue/bust on the left side, with a large staircase that starts at statue/bust on the left side and rises to above the doom-buggy path. There is a floating candelabra above the top of the staircase landing.
This is literally the FIRST scene you see as the doom-buggy leaves the loading area ............why don't I ever remember seeing this .........is it new ?

That scene was there when I was there in October/November time frame. It wasn't there when I was last in DW 2 years ago.

Thanks for the heads up! I just booked a FP+ for Sunday. It's my last day and HM is my favorite ride so I'm glad to hear it's open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter