WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
The Haunted Mansion Parlor is announced for the Disney Treasure cruise ship, Disney After Hours is coming back in 2024 and bringing Disney Enchantment back from the dead, new holiday details about Jollywood Nights have been released, and so much more!

New episodes are getting better and better. Even though I don't have kids, I also really enjoyed the Dreams show yesterday.

Since I've been critical in past weeks (hopefully tempered by providing praise), let me add to everyone here: more like this episode. Craig, Ryno, Erica and Jackie were having FUN. The conversation was a good listen and made me half disappointed we're going on the Fantasy next year (and not the Treasure).

There were even a few innuendos thrown in I was LOL'ing over.

Good flow, positive energy and enthusiasm...good job guys!

Really great episode, definitely helped with the influx of Disney new this week. Felt like an Off The Rails that stayed on track :D

I can't imagine what it would be like to sit in the HM Parlor and see the lights dim and hear "is this room actually stretching?" while seeing the effect take place above the guests. The line between land and sea based attractions gets blurred in a good way.

So I do wonder if we're looking at the possiblity of an omnimover style attraction on a DCL ship albeit subjected to external environmental conditions.

Last edited:
This week's episode of the DIS Unlimited/OffTheRails was pure gold. You squeezed a great episode through a tiny hole. One would say, a TinkHole. 🤣
Seriously, when Craig said "they would melt in your mouth, then the balls release", I nearly spit out my drink.
It was such a fun, free wheeling episode. I loved it.

Just jumping in here to add to all the people talking about how much I loved this week's episode! I think on a previous episode's thread, someone mentioned how much they'd loved the Off the Rails show style. The free flowing banter and discussion for this week's ep was just awesome. I was grinning and laughing while I listened (I almost exclusively listen in Apple Podcasts vs watch on YouTube.) I do think the addition of Jackie was an excellent choice, because her voice and demeanor (I have watched SOME of the YT shows she's been on!) are so perky, animated and upbeat.

I don't really think "the boss not being there" can fully explain why this week's show was so much better. I genuinely think one of the struggles of your first few episodes was due to the personality/demeanor of people on air with you. NO shade to John, Kevin, Corey or Craig, but all four of you guys have a much more chill vibe and even-keel demeanor. This translates to more monotone vocal delivery (for the listeners) and less obvious facial expressions and gestures for viewers to enjoy. Again - I'm not saying this as an insult. You guys all four are smart, talented people, and this is just your personality! "It takes all types" and all that.

Ryno is much further along the animated and upbeat delivery side (which I why I think DisPOP worked so well when Craig and Ryno did it together.) Erica can edge in that direction, but Jackie is DEFINITELY on that side of the scale (as was Deni - miss her!). Obviously having ONLY very animated personalities on a show would also be bad. It would be so chaotic that you couldn't follow the thread of conversation that well or it would be overwhelming to viewers/listeners.

Every ensemble cast needs a mix of personalities in order to find that perfect "recipe." When it was JUST Ryno as the only animated contributor with four of the more calm contributors, you guys sort of... chilled him out. But with Ryno and Jackie to balance out Craig and Erica, it was a fantastic blend.

Just jumping in here to add to all the people talking about how much I loved this week's episode! I think on a previous episode's thread, someone mentioned how much they'd loved the Off the Rails show style. The free flowing banter and discussion for this week's ep was just awesome. I was grinning and laughing while I listened (I almost exclusively listen in Apple Podcasts vs watch on YouTube.) I do think the addition of Jackie was an excellent choice, because her voice and demeanor (I have watched SOME of the YT shows she's been on!) are so perky, animated and upbeat.

I don't really think "the boss not being there" can fully explain why this week's show was so much better. I genuinely think one of the struggles of your first few episodes was due to the personality/demeanor of people on air with you. NO shade to John, Kevin, Corey or Craig, but all four of you guys have a much more chill vibe and even-keel demeanor. This translates to more monotone vocal delivery (for the listeners) and less obvious facial expressions and gestures for viewers to enjoy. Again - I'm not saying this as an insult. You guys all four are smart, talented people, and this is just your personality! "It takes all types" and all that.

Ryno is much further along the animated and upbeat delivery side (which I why I think DisPOP worked so well when Craig and Ryno did it together.) Erica can edge in that direction, but Jackie is DEFINITELY on that side of the scale (as was Deni - miss her!). Obviously having ONLY very animated personalities on a show would also be bad. It would be so chaotic that you couldn't follow the thread of conversation that well or it would be overwhelming to viewers/listeners.

Every ensemble cast needs a mix of personalities in order to find that perfect "recipe." When it was JUST Ryno as the only animated contributor with four of the more calm contributors, you guys sort of... chilled him out. But with Ryno and Jackie to balance out Craig and Erica, it was a fantastic blend.
Thank you so much for your kind words, Aymie! They are most appreciated!! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter