Haunted Mansion closed in Jan 2024?

Daryl K

Earning My Ears
So I heard vague news about HM getting some major refurbs including a new queue, post-ride shop, etc. and that this was due to start in January 2024. What I am not certain of is will the ride be [temporarily] closed to accommodate this construction?

I am looking at the very last week of Feb. to visit, but if my beloved Haunted Mansion is closed will have to reconsider.

HM is getting a new shop at the exit and a re-worked queue. The Holiday overlay ends Jan 7 and it will close to be removed, what’s not known is whether it will reopen a few weeks after NBC is removed or stay closed for the construction. Nothing has been announced yet.

HM always closes in January for 2 weeks in order to remove the overlay. The theory is that this closure will be extended for the constructions you mentioned, I think there is also an accesiblie elevator or somethingbut I can't recall correctly. Plus there is a Railway refurb and Splash Mountain. How long the refurb extends (if it does extend) nobody but Disney knows. My guess will be till Easter since I don't think they would want to have 2 mayor rides down for Easter & Summer, but it's just a guess.

Crikey! Based on this feedback it sounds like Feb 26 - Mar 1 may risk no HM!

If it's one of your fav rides, would you postpone based on known "risk" level?

Thanks starlite. If we are still able to go in late Jan we will be able to catch it after it reopens. Cheers
It's the opposite, you might catch it before it closes if TouristPlans is correct. I wish you luck!

Honestly that January 22, 2024 date just makes me more certain it will be closed till Easter.

It's the opposite, you might catch it before it closes if TouristPlans is correct. I wish you luck!

Honestly that January 22, 2024 date just makes me more certain it will be closed till Easter.
oops, I misread it. thanks

@joseph821 What say you on the closure rumors? We were there in early Jan 2023 and it was still up and running. 2024?
@SpaceMan5
Looks like SWH will close on Monday January 8th.
The HMH will close on Monday January 22th. Still not sure about for how long. My sources say the HM will undergo all its renovations through April 2024 and reopen in May before F! debuts. This is subject to change.

This is great news if true. We have a mid-January trip to DL planned and the 22nd is scheduled to be our last park day. Thought for sure we would miss the HM completely with the typical changeover shutdown from Jan7 to late Jan. Now it looks like we might just catch it open all week instead!

This is great news if true. We have a mid-January trip to DL planned and the 22nd is scheduled to be our last park day. Thought for sure we would miss the HM completely with the typical changeover shutdown from Jan7 to late Jan. Now it looks like we might just catch it open all week instead!
I hope you do! 🤞

They usually only do the small world removal first if haunted mansion is going to have an extended refurb. With the reworked queue this makes sense. My guess is that it will reopen in either April or May based on past extended refurbs.

Yea, we just backed up our trip 1week , because of HM :rotfl2:. We were due to arrive 1/26 for a week stay . Now we will be arriving 1/20 for a week !
Never have we been able to catch HM Holiday due to not being able to travel (work related) during the Christmas holidays. Since HM Holiday wont be going down till 1/22 , we were able to alter our trip by 1 week to finally be able to enjoy it !!! Hoping Small world will be back open as well by the week of 1/20 - 1/28 .
Excited to get back to DL ! Last time we visited was the WEEK it closed for the pandemic in 2020 . Was a very strange time at DL , to say the least !

So on a related note: does Disney have an official channel to announce news about stuff like this, or is it just the website? My Disneyland trip is "kinda-sorta" on hold till I know for sure what the deal is regarding refurbs in the parks, but if it turns out to not clash with my schedule, I want to know ASAP so I can move on tickets and such.

So on a related note: does Disney have an official channel to announce news about stuff like this, or is it just the website? My Disneyland trip is "kinda-sorta" on hold till I know for sure what the deal is regarding refurbs in the parks, but if it turns out to not clash with my schedule, I want to know ASAP so I can move on tickets and such.
No Disneyland announces refurbs on its app through the daily calendar.
What dates are you thinking of?

Most likely the Haunted Mansion. Mark twain.
Grizzly River Run.
And word of color will also be closed. It’s going down for refurb right after the holidays through the end of February.

The best places to check are the daily entertainment schedule which is released on a daily rolling basis in the app and on the website about 6 weeks out, the Disney parks blog (this is the official blog), and to follow certain reporters on twitter such as Scott Gustin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter