Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

I'll be in Disneyland from 09/21 - 09/23.
Will there still be any of the food items or merch for HM's 50th around?

So, it is what it is but it sounds like it doesn’t really match up to the 40th event. :(

Was there a goodie bag upon exiting? Some fun stuff?

Will do. Still out here for now. The family I'm next to can confirm at least one kick out from the park. Her kids were in and were hustled out. The others left voluntarily because they were told the only way for the max pass to be activated was to scan it by entering the gates.

Wait. So is the ticket good all day at Disneyland today? If it has Maxpass it must be, but I didn’t think we had any admission outside the 3 hours and they didn’t really explain at check-in.

I am here 6 days and already have a 5-day ticket. But if I can use the event ticket today, I don’t need to have my AP friend buy me a buddy pass for a day.

Wait. So is the ticket good all day at Disneyland today? If it has Maxpass it must be, but I didn’t think we had any admission outside the 3 hours and they didn’t really explain at check-in.

I am here 6 days and already have a 5-day ticket. But if I can use the event ticket today, I don’t need to have my AP friend buy me a buddy pass for a day.
Someone said yesterday that the maxpass is how you get your photos. I'd be curious if anyone has tried to use their tickets today though.

I really wish I could have been at the DL celebration, especially since apparently there were characters out for photos. I also heard Madame Leota was supposed to come out at some point, i wonder if she was wearing that gorgeous dress? https://insidethemagic.net/2019/08/madame-leota-gown-mg1/

if you couldn't guess, the haunted mansion's my favorite ride. I'll be heading over to MK early tomorrow for merch & am considering disneybounding (for the 1st time! we'll see if it happens)

I really wish I could have been at the DL celebration, especially since apparently there were characters out for photos. I also heard Madame Leota was supposed to come out at some point, i wonder if she was wearing that gorgeous dress? https://insidethemagic.net/2019/08/madame-leota-gown-mg1/

if you couldn't guess, the haunted mansion's my favorite ride. I'll be heading over to MK early tomorrow for merch & am considering disneybounding (for the 1st time! we'll see if it happens)
There's another party tonight, I'm sure they still have tickets. Unfortunately I haven't heard a lot of stellar reviews yet. :(

Photos of the guide map. Oh! We did get a Madame Leota paperweight thing. That was the gift.

Attachments

• E1524110-EEBA-4C5F-A183-6C9458A47504.jpeg
    E1524110-EEBA-4C5F-A183-6C9458A47504.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 24189B25-FCA5-4EC2-92A5-3997ED0DC243.jpeg
    24189B25-FCA5-4EC2-92A5-3997ED0DC243.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 63DC094B-D5E7-482C-902A-87E084FFEDF3.jpeg
    63DC094B-D5E7-482C-902A-87E084FFEDF3.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 18
Photos of the guide map. Oh! We did get a Madame Leota paperweight thing. That was the gift.
The bottom of my entertainment photo got cut off. There were the cadaver dans and some other live music. Lots of live music during the event. That was cool. We just felt like we were rushing - it went by so fast - especially with waiting for the food.

There's another party tonight, I'm sure they still have tickets. Unfortunately I haven't heard a lot of stellar reviews yet. :(
I live in florida, so I'm not going to book a flight out to cali for this last minute, no matter how much i love disney & the haunted mansion lol. hence why i'm going to the "merch event" tomorrow morning at MK

My friend and I had a nice time. I’m not sure it was $300 nice time, but we did okay. We got our Monte Cristo at Stage Door 2nd thing, before the line got bad. That helped a lot with our schedule. Timed the Mark Twain right. We rode Indy before we ate, Big Thunder, Mark Twain, Pirates and then finished with the Haunted Mansion at 3:30. Then got churros, the punch and finally the sundae at Golden Horseshow at 3:45. Skipped the characters because we know they take a lot of time. We would have liked to have had more time to reride Haunted Mansion and watch a little more entertainment. So we made do.

I'm absolutely dying to see an actual photo of the special Dress Shop dress being released. @_@
It’s cute! It runs SMALL! I have an XS in one Dress Shop dress, a small in a different one, and I probably should’ve done a medium with the dress, but I didn’t really realize it until I was wearing it awhile. It’s too bad they don’t have a place for you to try on right there at the merch pickup.E207FE40-F315-4C77-BAF7-4AAEB748E401.jpeg

Was there anything unique about the Haunted Mansion ride during the party or is it the same as normal? We love the ride but I think we'll prioritize other things if it's the same. Also, any clear winners among the food offerings?

Was there anything unique about the Haunted Mansion ride during the party or is it the same as normal? We love the ride but I think we'll prioritize other things if it's the same. Also, any clear winners among the food offerings?

Check out LaughingPlace.com’s coverage. There was some special decor, projections and 3 live performers (Knight, birthday guest, hitch hiking ghost). We would have liked a 2nd ride, so I recommend a ride.

It’s cute! It runs SMALL! I have an XS in one Dress Shop dress, a small in a different one, and I probably should’ve done a medium with the dress, but I didn’t really realize it until I was wearing it awhile. It’s too bad they don’t have a place for you to try on right there at the merch pickup.

Thank you!! That's really cute but I'm not sure my top fit in that top, especially if it runs small. Hopefully it will be in the Dress Shop by the weekend so I can try it on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter