Hatwick hotels

crazygolfer

Earning My Ears
i`m thinking of staying at the airport the night before are filght.Can anyone recomend a good hotel to stay in at a cheap price.Aso whats the extra security like at sanford airport.thankyou.

One month to go and counting

The Hilton is Lovely and convienient but a little price (about 120 for the night incl parking in a basic room if I remember right). For about 80 the Ramada Plaza about 3 miles from the airport is a good choice and for about 50-60 The gatwick worth is nice, if a little basic. If you can got for the Hilton, its really like adding a day to your holiday :)

We are staying at the Cumberland House Hotel which was recommended to us and is 5 minutes by taxi from Gatwick.

Two rooms and three weeks parking is costing about £30 more than airport parking; when you take into account that breakfast is included, I think we are getting the hotel, breakfast and parking for the same price as airport parking.

Have stayed at the Europa, Jarvis and Hilton, but The Hilton was def worth the extra money, esp with twilight check-in and included on site parking.

hi
thinking of staying at the hilton in october, we usually stay at the travelinn, but seen as its my birthday, thought i might get the other half to splash out. can anyone tell me what the food is like at the hotel, prices etc.

thanks sam

We have stayed at both the Hilton (once) and the Europa (countless times) and would recommend either.

The Hilton is a bit pricey - but youhave the added convenience of being a walk from the check in desk.

The Europa was cheaper and the transport from the hotel to the airport is included in the price and very quick and efficient.

I would probably choose the Europa over the Hilton because they do a blinding Carvery for about £15 which goes down a treat the night before :) :) :)

We stayed at the Copthorne in Sept '01, the hotel is about 5-10 mins from Gatwick. It has a traditional style look to the hotel on the outside, but very modern ameneties inside. It was a bit on the pricey side (£180 for 1 night and 14 days parking), but had a four poster bed, whirlpool bath, seperate "living room", two TV's etc etc. It also has a complimentary shuttle coach to Gatwick. Highly recommended.

This year we are going to try the Hilton. I like the idea of waking up and strolling to the check-in desk !! I look at staying in hotel the night before, like an extra night on your holiday.

Paul

the meriden hotel next to gatwick north tends to be a bit cheaper and it only takes 3 mins to transfer to the south terminal by monorail

weve stayed at the europa numerous times and found it excellent especially the carvery, and the transfers are every 30mins and it only takes 5mins to get there, the hilton is excellent but you do pay extra for it (in the region of £120-£150 inc parking). but you do get the walkthrough straight into the terminal.

were staying at the gatwick worth this time as it was only £72 inc 15 days parking (special deal or somethin)

giggles

Originally posted by giggler
were staying at the gatwick worth this time as it was only £72 inc 15 days parking (special deal or somethin)

giggles

you'll have to let me know what the gatwick worth is like giggles as we are staying there in sept

Crazy golfer :D
We have booked up for The Copthorne ( the one Pauldents referred to earlier in this thread )
They're doing some REALLY good deals at the moment. Not to be missed IMO.
We've booked a connesiuer king size room, one of the posh ones with a jaccuzzi, robes, choccy's on the bed, and a garden view, all for £74 inclusive. All this with free parking. Not bad is it ?
Check out heir website for info/prices:-

http://www.copthornegatwick.activehotels.com/

Let me know what you think :D

:jester: 107 to go :jester:

We stayed at the Europa and it was great. The restaurant serves a wonderful carvery meal and the rooms are spacious and fairly well equipped. Transport to the airport is included on a minibus thing.

Europa also has an indoor pool which is great to relax in.

The hilton is also great, but a little more pricey.

Have fun!

We always stay at Gatwick Hilton. It's more convenient, car parking is included, restaurants are good or you can go into the airport and eat at one of the restaurants there, and the benefit of Twilight Check-in is an extra plus point. It also adds another day to the holiday which is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter