Has Tony's Improved?

MissGina5

DIS Veteran
I know Pete and co. did a dining review of Tonys (under new management :upsidedow) and I was wondering if people have experienced it first hand. Has the food improved? The times I have gone before was not up to my Italian standards but if I heard multiple places it was doing better I would give it a go. Thoughts??

We just ate there about a month ago. It was our first time, so nothing to compare it to, but we enjoyed it. We had the parade package so between us we had 4 apps, 4 entrees, and 4 desserts. The standouts were the fried mozzarella app, italian wedding soup, italian trio, alfredo, and cannolis for dessert. I had the ravioli with chicken which was good, but the sauce was a bit watery. It definitely wasn't the best Italian I've ever had, but way better than I was expecting based on reviews. The VIP parade viewing is well worth the cost, especially if on the DDP.

We had a very good meal in February. I had the squash soup and antipasto salad. My daughter had the spaghetti and meatballs. Both very good. Excellent service all around.

We enjoyed it in November, but it was our first visit so I have nothing to compare it to. Shortly before our trip there was a long thread here about giving Tony's another try, and most people who replied had positive things to say about their recent trips.

ETA: Here's the link, but there are also shorter threads on Tony's more recently.

Being raised in an area of NYC very big on italian food/dessert, I find Tony's and even the pizza in Disney inedible. Then again now that we're in NJ, the pizza here is just not the same either and I had a hard time finding a pizzeria I liked. For purposes of steering clear of carbs, its helped alot though. LOL

This is a 2nd hand review. I plan WDW trips for the little ones teachers and for anyone at temple who ask. A planned a 7 day trip for some people at temple and they insisted on Tony's (she is a Lady And The Tramp freak). They reported back that the red sauce was very average but other than that they liked everything else.

This is a 2nd hand review. I plan WDW trips for the little ones teachers and for anyone at temple who ask. A planned a 7 day trip for some people at temple and they insisted on Tony's (she is a Lady And The Tramp freak). They reported back that the red sauce was very average but other than that they liked everything else.

I'm fairly certain the "red sauce" is seasoned ketchup.

I have seen two recent Tony's reviews outside of the DIS and they compared it to Olive Garden but without the endless salad and breadsticks. So, we're planning to book for our TS MK day since we haven't been in years. I am going in with moderate expectations. I'm italian and so for me, no where is as good as home so I'm used to not loving Italian most places.

I know Pete and co. did a dining review of Tonys (under new management :upsidedow) and I was wondering if people have experienced it first hand. Has the food improved? The times I have gone before was not up to my Italian standards but if I heard multiple places it was doing better I would give it a go. Thoughts??

We, too, had heard all the bad reviews. But we decided to give it a chance this past December. We wanted BOG but it was not available.
I must say we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the great service. Plus the surroundings were beautiful. Our food was delicious, from the bread service to the dessert. I asked the server why it was so good when the reviews had been bad. He said that they had a new chef who was really good. We sent our compliments to the chef and we will be back:)

We were just there in February. Was nervous about the reservation because how the DisBoards talk about it. We got Fresh Mozzarella and Calamari for apps and then a Pepperoni pizza and Shrimp Scampi for meals. I thought the food was great and the server was outstanding. I am also not a picky eater i have never had a bad meal in Disney, not sure if it because im always in such a good mood being there or the food and waiting staff is that good.

I'm fairly certain the "red sauce" is seasoned ketchup.
:lmao:
I'll admit that I work hard to ignore most of the food offerings at MK. Still haven't tried the new dinner menu at BOG and have no interest in what CRT is currently offering.
For my sight, MK, is great on any diet....

Last edited:
We just ate there Friday... I'm from NJ/near NYC so I am used to good Italian food. Was this good Italian food? No. But was it bad? No. It was absolutely fine. We enjoyed our meal. The bread was DELICIOUS. I got the sampler... I liked the alfredo... I don't eat meat balls so I skipped that part... the chicken parm was ok. Not bad, not great. My H got the steak and loved it.

I'm glad someone asked about Tony's for recent experiences because we have a reservation for there in July. We've been before and we've had mixed experiences there. A couple good and one not good. We've decided to give it another try since there is a new chef. Happy to see the reviews are better recently and more consistent. So based on that we are gonna give it another try as well. Thanks!

Which NY pizza are you referring to?
Disney pizza? Yes, must be the same sauce.
Actual NY pizza? Hell no!! NY pizza is fabulous! Not even remotely similar sauce.

Exactly! Thank you! Here in NJ friends call me a pizza snob because I'm just so picky with my pizza. When my parents were still in NY and we would go visit, I would always be tempted to bring back home pizza pies so they knew what they were missing out on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter