Has this World Cup turned you (non soccer fan) into a new soccer fan or at least understand/appreciate the sport more?

Has this World Cup turned you (non soccer fan) into a new soccer fan?

• Yes

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • No

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was a fan already

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • I’ll never be a fan

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • It still doesn’t interest me

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • I’m still on the fence about the sport

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I’m looking into going to a match in the future

• Other

• Total voters
I remember when Pele arrived to play in the US. It was a big deal, but I had never heard of him before.

I didn’t go, but when his team (NY Cosmos?) played in Philly, attendance jumped from about 5000 per game to over 20000. He outdrew most Phillies games.

Leeds United have both your captain, Tyler Adams, and also your international Brendon Aaronson playing as well as a USA coach (at least for the moment) Jessie Marsh. It is therefore a very good team for Americans to support if you want to get some ‘rooting’ going. It looks like the 49ers may complete a takeover the coming year. They only got promoted back to the EPL 3 years ago and will not win anything for a while, they just need to stay up in the league. Which is one reason it is so exciting, in that 3 teams a year get relegated to the league below ( the Championship ) and 3 get promoted.
The gulf between the MLS and English Premier League is gigantic in terms of quality and display. It is a very different ballgame , no pun intended, watching an EPL game. This is simply because they have the many of the best players in the world, at least across the entire league, at massive expense (just the annual wage bill for Man City is about $220 million.

Leeds United have both your captain, Tyler Adams, and also your international Brendon Aaronson playing as well as a USA coach (at least for the moment) Jessie Marsh. It is therefore a very good team for Americans to support if you want to get some ‘rooting’ going. It looks like the 49ers may complete a takeover the coming year. They only got promoted back to the EPL 3 years ago and will not win anything for a while, they just need to stay up in the league. Which is one reason it is so exciting, in that 3 teams a year get relegated to the league below ( the Championship ) and 3 get promoted.
The gulf between the MLS and English Premier League is gigantic in terms of quality and display. It is a very different ballgame , no pun intended, watching an EPL game. This is simply because they have the many of the best players in the world, at least across the entire league, at massive expense (just the annual wage bill for Man City is about $220 million.
Did the FA Cup excite you this past week @Wakey ?

Not a massive fan compared to watching the EPL but it always gives some surprising results. Leeds were awful first half but some new players pulled it back for us.
Has Bale’s retirement made headlines in the UK or are people not really caring?

Has Bale’s retirement made headlines in the UK or are people not really caring?
All he has done is really play golf for years. Overrated player. It’s on the news because he is Wales’ biggest ever player. I hear he may turn to golf now- what a surprise!

Has this World Cup turned you (non soccer fan) into a new soccer fan or at least understand/appreciate the sport more? Will you explore the sport more in the future or be inclined to attend a match in the future? No judgments if nothing has changed your view on the sport. Just genuinely curious. Thanks in advance. :-) ⚽🏟️
👆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter