Has there been any news on when Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be operating again?

vickiea

Mouseketeer
My family and I love BTMRR. Any chance it will be operating next week?

TIA

I believe it’s operating as normal bar any unforeseen breakdowns.

Happy to be corrected.

I'm not at the park but according to the app there is, at this moment, a 45 minute wait for it... so it seems to be operating.

What makes you think it is not operating? Did I miss something?

It was running when I was there two weeks ago. Haven’t heard about any downtime recently.

I don't even see anything about an upcoming refurb for DLR's BTMRR. I do see that WDW's has scheduled downtime in May 2020. Are you maybe mixing up resort refurb schedules?

It went down last week and any time I’ve looked in the app it tells me temporarily closed. Apparently I just have magical timing to when it is down for a short while 🙄. I see fast passes are available right now.

Thanks everyone. 😃

It went down last week and any time I’ve looked in the app it tells me temporarily closed. Apparently I just have magical timing to when it is down for a short while 🙄. I see fast passes are available right now.

Thanks everyone. 😃

Ah I see. Mystery solved! Hope you have better luck :-)
(Also hello fellow Albertan!)

FWIW, I’m here now and it’s open. I asked the CM at the FP entrance and she said she’s not aware of any upcoming closures. In fact, she’s scheduled to work next Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter