Has Theme Park Purchases to Resort Delivery Returned?

Please clarify! Do we pay $10 for each shop to hold our items then go back to retrieve them individually? Or do we pay a single fee of $10, and all our purchases go to a designated pickup area?

Thank you.
I didn't collect details. Here is the experience we had.
The crystal shop on Main Street at Magic Kingdom held a $35 glass mug for me in their store until the end of the day.
A Hollywood Studio shop which was diagonal to the lockers near the park entrance told us that if our items would not fit in our rented locker, that we could ask for a "virtual" locker." The clerk did not appear enthusiastic. I assumed from the context (but I do not know for certain) that we would walk our items across the street and pay $10 for the privilege of their holding our items. We used our own locker instead.

Here is a question. If you see something in a shop can you scan it in mobile checkout and leave it in the virtual bag until later then come back and check out and get it? That way the thing wouldn't get gone but you wouldn't have to carry it around. I've never tried this, although I do mobile checkout a lot. I've also gone to shop disney and scanned an item to see if its available on there. If so, I leave it in a cart and check out when I'm getting ready to leave to go home. It arrives home soon after I do.

Here is a question. If you see something in a shop can you scan it in mobile checkout and leave it in the virtual bag until later then come back and check out and get it? That way the thing wouldn't get gone but you wouldn't have to carry it around. I've never tried this, although I do mobile checkout a lot. I've also gone to shop disney and scanned an item to see if its available on there. If so, I leave it in a cart and check out when I'm getting ready to leave to go home. It arrives home soon after I do.
Putting it in your cart in either mobile checkout or on shopdisney doesn't guarantee it will still be there/in stock when you go to check out.

There are also lockers available at the front of each park if there are items you don’t want carry around all day.
Yeah, we rented a locker last trip and CRAMMED an enormous Baymax S'mores plush. Took up the entire locker. I was worried it wouldn't be there later as there were only two left and have run unto things being unavailable later. It was annoying to pay for the locker, but it was the only souvenir my kid wanted.

Last edited:

Fair warning on Shop Disney- I wanted the chipmunk wine stoppers for a gift this year. They were cheaper on Shop Disney with a big coupon than they would be in person when I visited so I bought them on Shop Disney before my trip. About the day after I got home I got an “oops, it’s out of stock we issued a refund” email. This was almost 2 weeks after ordering. I ended up paying more for it on eBay than if I’d bought it in the parks myself :( I’m never making that mistake again if I really want the merch. (This particular item was in stock in like every general Disney merch store in every park when I was there.)

Fair warning on Shop Disney- I wanted the chipmunk wine stoppers for a gift this year. They were cheaper on Shop Disney with a big coupon than they would be in person when I visited so I bought them on Shop Disney before my trip. About the day after I got home I got an “oops, it’s out of stock we issued a refund” email. This was almost 2 weeks after ordering. I ended up paying more for it on eBay than if I’d bought it in the parks myself :( I’m never making that mistake again if I really want the merch. (This particular item was in stock in like every general Disney merch store in every park when I was there.)
This happens to me a LOT with ShopDisney. Once a friend called me from her vacation at WDW because she saw a new limited edition Magicband that she knew I would want. I told her not to buy it because I'd already ordered it on ShopDisney. One month later I got the dreaded "Oops" email and then had to resort to buying it on ebay at 3x the price. Between this and the resellers ("100+ sold!") it's like Disney owns stock in ebay or something.
Sometimes I've even got the "Oops" email when I could pull up the site and see the item showing as available. I don't trust that I'll get what I've ordered from them until it's in my hand.

If Disney is offering a "virtual locker" for $10, I don't ever see package delivery returning. Such a great perk that has gone the way of Magical Express.

I didn't collect details. Here is the experience we had.
The crystal shop on Main Street at Magic Kingdom held a $35 glass mug for me in their store until the end of the day.
A Hollywood Studio shop which was diagonal to the lockers near the park entrance told us that if our items would not fit in our rented locker, that we could ask for a "virtual" locker." The clerk did not appear enthusiastic. I assumed from the context (but I do not know for certain) that we would walk our items across the street and pay $10 for the privilege of their holding our items. We used our own locker instead.
So that Crystal shop on Main Street is part of Arribas Brothers. They're 3rd party and not owned by Disney. If they offered to hold it for you, that's their own store policy.

I can't picture what Hollywood shop you're talking about but unless something has changed recently, the virtual locker is only available at that spot in the front near the lockers. I believe it was initially created so that people didn't have to carry around their lightsabers all day. You have to carry whatever you're wanting to lock up to that spot. They're not delivering it from other stores to the virtual locker.

Please clarify! Do we pay $10 for each shop to hold our items then go back to retrieve them individually? Or do we pay a single fee of $10, and all our purchases go to a designated pickup area?

Thank you.

The virtual locker at Hollywood Studios is at the front of the park and it's near regular lockers to hold things that won't fit like a lightsaber. You have to take it there. Stores are not delivering your items to lockers throughout the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter