Has it always been this hard?

We have a group of 11 going for a week at christmas and we didn't even try. We'll be doing meals in our villa, bring food with us to the parks, or QS the entire time. Not only was the stress of getting ADRs (and being beholden to them) discouraging, but the cost is outrageous. With the proliferation of prix fixe pricing everywhere, table service restaurants are now "off the table" for us.

I don't know if this is normal post covid or post Disney changes, but it wasn't this hard for me to book ADRs offsite for our 12/2019 trip prepandemic and prechanges. We were able to get everything we wanted last time (CRT breakfast, SciFi, HDDR, Ohana, BOG lunch). I got nothing each morning booking opened up. I didn't even get our backup for date night. I ended up finding Citricos for date night which I'll keep if I nothing pops up in alerts for our top our backup. It looks like a lot of SciFi was released early this morning so I snagged a good time on a HS day. We're also going to try Sanaa. I also managed CRT but I debating cancelling if the princesses aren't back. I was just shocked it came up. I'm on there all day and have over 50 alerts set up.
This December promises to be the worst for ADRs we’ve ever seen. We typically go early December every year for 3 or 4 days (missed two during COVID). We’ve never seen it like this. The only people who seem to post about getting the very hard to gets are 60+6 and up. We didn’t get much with 60+3. Some of this is due to the fact that they don’t promptly release the dining reservations, it seems to me.

This December promises to be the worst for ADRs we’ve ever seen. We typically go early December every year for 3 or 4 days (missed two during COVID). We’ve never seen it like this. The only people who seem to post about getting the very hard to gets are 60+6 and up. We didn’t get much with 60+3. Some of this is due to the fact that they don’t promptly release the dining reservations, it seems to me.
I’m surprised at people booking long trips, but expected it to be crazy Christmas and New Years.

I’m surprised at people booking long trips, but expected it to be crazy Christmas and New Years.

We go every three years at the beginning/middle of December for 7-10 days and about a month after our last trip (so Jan 2020) considered making it 2 years the itch after coming home was so bad. I finally got to go for the first time in 2016 at the age of 31. This is going to be our last trip. We'll take all the other vacations we've talked about.

We go every three years at the beginning/middle of December for 7-10 days and about a month after our last trip (so Jan 2020) considered making it 2 years the itch after coming home was so bad. I finally got to go for the first time in 2016 at the age of 31. This is going to be our last trip. We'll take all the other vacations we've talked about.
Hopefully someone can coordinate the ADRs you wanted. I’ve gotten story book dining from the cancellation thread. Ive given up good ADRs myself.

Note: One thing to note Space220 doesn’t let go of the adr during modification, even though the system gives you the deceptive illusion it will. I cancelled it trying to get Topolinos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter