Has it always been this hard?

GhostPenguin

Earning My Ears
This is my first trip I’m going to be booking reservations for….. or I hope. Right now looking at Space and Olga’s …. Hell even Morimoto, it’s like every diner for every day that is shown right now NOTHING is available. My reservations go live in the morning at 545-6am….. it’s a 10 day starting on Dec 7. So crossing my fingers, but …… what the hell. Like is it REALLY this packed?

Yeah, hard to get reservations are typically fully booked 60+4 or 5 days out. As long as you're staying onsite, you'll find availability. id shoot for day 7 or 8 for Space and day 5 or 6 for Oga's.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Thank you for the advice. I was thinking to book Space on day 10. Basically have that meal for our last night. And yes we are staying onsite.

Congrats on getting it. We are traveling in the same window you are and I got everything but the topolinos I wanted.

What days did you try? 60+2?
I immediately booked Space 220 for 6:20pm day 10. Then Oga I got for 5:45 day 9. Then grabbed be our guest for day 8 at 6:05. I then went and checked day 2 because we will be at Epcot. All of Space 220 was booked. Then I got curious and tested all other days. Everything day 1-8 was booked fully. 9 had a few lunch and one during fireworks.

This is my first trip I’m going to be booking reservations for….. or I hope. Right now looking at Space and Olga’s …. Hell even Morimoto, it’s like every diner for every day that is shown right now NOTHING is available. My reservations go live in the morning at 545-6am….. it’s a 10 day starting on Dec 7. So crossing my fingers, but …… what the hell. Like is it REALLY this packed?
I did ADR’s today and there were plenty of Oga’s on several days. Do Space 220 later in your trip.

Wow. Our Epcot day is currently Jan 2nd (60+5). Looks like we will be eating pizza this trip. MK is 60 and 60+3.

My ADR day was Tuesday. After reading some posts I was a little worried. I was able to get everything I wanted with in 10 minutes of the time I was trying for. Then drove to work and thought maybe I’ll try for Space 220 lounge and was able to get a 12:30 reservation a little after 7 am. Around 10 that morning my husband decided he wanted to check out Oga’s and there were tons of options. I didn’t try for any character meals.

My ADR day was Tuesday. After reading some posts I was a little worried. I was able to get everything I wanted with in 10 minutes of the time I was trying for. Then drove to work and thought maybe I’ll try for Space 220 lounge and was able to get a 12:30 reservation a little after 7 am. Around 10 that morning my husband decided he wanted to check out Oga’s and there were tons of options. I didn’t try for any character meals.
Wow lucky.

Yeah, very lucky for you. I tried getting a 60+2 reservation for Space 220 lounge today and there is nothing.
Space was 60+6 but that happened to be an Epcot day where we had no lunch plan. I didn’t check other days. We are a party of 2 so that may have helped. Other than space 220 I don’t think I was trying for anything super popular. I booked chef de France, skipper canteen, la hacienda, homecomin’, trattoria Al forno, flying fish, space 220 lounge, Oga’s, ale and compass and Il mulino

We only have 2 park days before our Starcruiser check in and nothing we wanted was available at our 60+3. Was able to get Cape May breakfast for day 3 of our trip and Beaches and Cream for day 2 using notification apps, still holding out hope for Space 220 for day 1 but it's not looking promising. I definitely found it much easier when reservations could be made at 180 days, most folks don't plan their vacations that far in advance. I remember having to use notification sites for BoG and Storybook back then but that was it and I had them in hand well before we booked our FP+ at 60 days out. Sigh. Those were the days.

Space220 lounge only has tables of 4 and 2? Has anyone tried 6? We are a party of 5 (one child in high chair)

In the spirit of difficulty is anyone having trouble making any reservations right now in general for December? My app is not working on my laptop...wondering if it's Disney reservations or just my account for some reason. The fun continues LOL

When we couldn't prebook the restaurant we wanted (precovid), I just checked a day before we wanted to eat at a specific restaurant and we usually always got a reservation, last minute. I think a lot of people over book several restaurants and cancel just before, so there seemed to be a lot of openings when we booked this way. I don't know how post covid has affected this, but good luck!

Early this morning, 6:05am i reserved 12/24 CaliGrill for 2:30 lunch. I consider myself very lucky. I'll be up tomorrow to get something for 12/25. Good Luck to y'all.

I don't know if this is normal post covid or post Disney changes, but it wasn't this hard for me to book ADRs offsite for our 12/2019 trip prepandemic and prechanges. We were able to get everything we wanted last time (CRT breakfast, SciFi, HDDR, Ohana, BOG lunch). I got nothing each morning booking opened up. I didn't even get our backup for date night. I ended up finding Citricos for date night which I'll keep if I nothing pops up in alerts for our top our backup. It looks like a lot of SciFi was released early this morning so I snagged a good time on a HS day. We're also going to try Sanaa. I also managed CRT but I debating cancelling if the princesses aren't back. I was just shocked it came up. I'm on there all day and have over 50 alerts set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter