Has FW always had a campfire sing-a-long?

CottontailCurl

DIS Veteran
My son just asked me and I have no idea. I've heard you guys mention a Marshmallow Marsh, was that the sing-along with no movie? I know they had a movie as long ago as 1980 because that was the first time I saw it.

They had it, along with the movie, on my first visit to FtW in October 1974. Ms. Sundee wasn't the song-leader then - it was some young (and as I recall) cute, guy. Maybe BigDisneyDaddy??:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yea, it's been there a longggg time, although I'm not sure exactly how long. If I had to guess it's probably been there almost as long as the Fort has.

It's been there as long as I can remember and I've been staying at the Fort since the mid-70's.

They had it, along with the movie, on my first visit to FtW in October 1974. Ms. Sundee wasn't the song-leader then - it was some young (and as I recall) cute, guy. Maybe BigDisneyDaddy??:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Unfortunately my first trip to the fort came around 1994. My first trip to WDW was in 86 when we went to the MK after driving down from my Uncles place in Bonifay (panhandle) we only spent one night and did everything wrong that was possible, We didnt go again until 93 and we stayed at Dixie landings and were hooked from there on. We stumbled into the campfire program when we read about it while staying at Dixie. It was just the kind of fun that a young family was looking for and we have been regulars ever since. When we first started going they had a man named Daryl lead the singalong. We enjoyed him but he was much less enthusiastic than our pal Ms Sundee. IIRC she has been there for about 7 years. Ms Julie had been at "campfire" for over 20 years but I dont know how long she has been performing.
A bad day at campfire is better than a good day anywhere else.

Scott

I thought it was *the* coolest thing- a drive in without your car? :-)
I even remember we saw 101 Dalmations.
I don't remember the marshmellow roast, but I am pretty sure Chip and Dale were there.

I thought it was *the* coolest thing- a drive in without your car? :-)
I even remember we saw 101 Dalmations.
I don't remember the marshmellow roast, but I am pretty sure Chip and Dale were there.

Chip and Dale where there in 79 for sure there is a pic of them with me somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter