Has dates not available been open on the same day for key holder

sjtnn3

Earning My Ears
Hello seems like today for example all reservations are not available for my pass and was really hoping to go. Does anyone know if disney will unblock throughout the day? Thank you

I have not seen same day reservations available. Someone posted that they were able to make a same day by checking around 7:00am.

I have found that I need to plan out at least a week in advance at this time. I think it's even over a week out right now, but just giving you a head's up that you will want to book some visits at least a week out. If you want to go another day, such as tomorrow, you can look for cancellations around 11pm tonight.

I have never once seen a same-day Magic Key reservation show up once they’re sold out.

Currently the first available date to book is October 11, although cancellations do pop up.

Someone posted that they were able to make a same day by checking around 7:00am.
I think you might be referring to my post from last Friday, but unfortunately my husband had a regular park-hopper that he was booking for, not a Magic Key. (He upgraded it that day.)

I think it's even over a week out right now, but just giving you a head's up that you will want to book some visits at least a week out.

Yes, at the moment there are passholder reservations available for tomorrow (Sept 30), but the next day that shows any availability is October 11.

Traditionally, we have taken a long trip (2 to 3 weeks) to Disneyland each summer (EDIT: using annual passes), but the current lack of available reservations for passes has me concerned. I wonder if the current lack of availability is being caused by Halloween season, or if this will be the situation for the indefinite future.

I don't want to book a (say) three week trip next August, then discover that because of limited availability we're only able to get into the parks on half our days. The current system is making it difficult for distant travellers like us to justify taking the risk of buying passes.

I wish Disneyland still offered 10 day passes, like in the days of old.

Last edited:

Yes, at the moment there are passholder reservations available for tomorrow (Sept 30), but the next day that shows any availability is October 11.
Very fluid. I just tried to get that and it's already gone. However, Saturday Oct 2 is showing open for DCA now.

I don't think Disney is holding any Magic Key reservations back, but as guests cancel, those go back into the pool. I think you just have to keep checking and hope to get lucky. We decided to add a day to our trip and when we first looked (I think it was around 5:00 pm), there was nothing available for the next day. Later that evening (closer to 9:00 pm), there was availability. So, I think it's just a matter of persistence and luck. My guess is that because guests have until 11:59 pm the day before to cancel, there is a fair amount of movement the day before.

Same day is very, very rare- or as others mentioned will be taken within minutes of showing open. I've also seen some pop up very late night after 10pm for next day, since "11:59pm" is the cut off time to cancel.

Forget about Sat/Sun unless you plan at least a month or more in advance. Weekdays are a little easier, but still going fast.

has anyone ever had luck/tried showing up to the gates and seeing if there is availability? We will be at DTD Sunday and was hoping to go into the parks to look for the magic key popcorn bucket. I've been checking for days and no availability .

has anyone ever had luck/tried showing up to the gates and seeing if there is availability? We will be at DTD Sunday and was hoping to go into the parks to look for the magic key popcorn bucket. I've been checking for days and no availability .
There is nothing different at the gates. It’s all on the website. The calendar will show you if there is availability for that day or not.

This is crazy. At 4pm Disneyland time (Wednesday), there is availability for passholders for both parks on Thursday Sep 30 and Friday Oct 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter