Has CBR re-opened yet and other questions . .

I haven't been yet, but I've been on the boards looking also. There are some posts from people who have just been. Just look around a bit over the past couple of weeks. Some have links to some great pics. From what I understand the rooms were redone about a year and a half ago, and the food court was just done and reopened Dec 21. Everything I have read has been very positive.

We just got back from a 7 night stay at the CBR. We were in Martinique 26 (Room 2631). The location was great--it only took us about 2 minutes to walk to the Old Port Royale. Our room was on the first floor room and had two double beds. The room itself was clean and bright. Mousekeeping generally did a good job and left us daily towel animals. My DD really loved that!

During our stay, we really didn't eat much in the food court (which I believe was the focus of the most recent rehab). They had different windows where you could pick up pasta, sandwiches, chicken nuggets, etc. and then you went to a central cashier to pay for your selections. We did buy the refillable mugs which were great. It was nice to know we could have as much soda/hot cocoa as we wanted.

We did swim in the main pool--the slide was a bit much for my DD6 yo (not a strong enough swimmer yet), but she did enjoy splashing around the shallow end. On a couple of occasions, we wandered down to the quiet pool. Another nice pool but easier for my DD to splash around without bothering anyone else.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay at the CBR. Feel free to ask any questions. Take care! D

I was there the first week of January. I posted pictures on my web site of CBR and the new food court. We have stayed at other moderates but CBR is our favorite. This time we stayed in Martinque but usually stay at Trinidad North. It is a great resort.

How was the bus service to the parks? I've read varying reports on this lately. Were you able to see Illuminations from Epcot from the beach? You sound a little apprensive when you say "all in all", I'm just curious why?

Yes you can see the fireworks from several locations at CBR. We don't use the bus so I can't comment on that.

I have stayed at CBR more times than I can remember but it is a great resort. I always feel that I have truly gotten away from the world when I stay at CBR.

The new food court is great.

This board is huge. I have reservations for March. I have some questions. I've heard you can see the fireworks from Epcot at night at the CBR. Where is the best spot to see them at and what time should you go? Also I have a son that is 10 and will want to be near the feature pool and am taking my mom who will want a convenient room to the busses. She does like to walk but we will be walking a lot. I'd like to hear more about the bus transportation as well. The resort sounds great!

Standing on the beaches you can see the fireworks. Also from the Custom house they have a great view. To be close to the feature pool and OPR you should stay in Martinque or Trinidad North.

I can't tell you about the buses because we take our car.

You will love CBR.

We watched fireworks from the Martinique beach area. It was beautiful to lay on a hammock and see them. The bus service while we were there was great. As you can see, I can't get enough of the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter