Has anyone walked from Stovall's Inn to the DLH?

Disney Dory

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, We will be staying one night at the Stovall's Inn and then going to the DLH to finish out our trip. We will be flying to LA so we will not have car seats and will need to walk from Stovall's to the DLH. Is it a long walk or does anyone know the best route to take? It will be two adults and a 4 and 6 year old. We will have strollers and luggage. Thank you for any suggestions you might have!

How much luggage? If it's a lot, can one of you walk with the kids while the other one takes an Uber with the luggage? Can the 6 yo walk without the stroller to get to the DLH? Then the other stroller can go with the luggage. With little ones and no luggage, I would plan on a 20+ minute walk straight up Disneyland Dr. Then you have a choice: if you have extra time, enter the PPH and let your little ones look around. You can cut right through to the back exit, go right and follow the path to the parking lot -- cross and follow the path to your left around by the DLH. You can enter any one of the paths that enter the hotel grounds (there are signs posted) or keep going until you see bag check on your right and the Sorcerer's Hat on your left. Go left! If you don't have extra time: skip the PPH by all means and stay on Disneyland Dr. until you are just past the hotel, go left into the parking lot and follow the path around the DLH (like the directions above).
Reward (and motivation for being good on the walk to the hotel): Dole Whip at the DLH coffeehouse!

Last edited:
Plug both locations into Google Maps and check out walking directions. It will tell you how long it is and where to go.

I don’t think it’s bad at all. You’d usually go that way anyways to get into the park, right? Depending on luggage like others mentioned, it’s definitely doable.

How much luggage? If it's a lot, can one of you walk with the kids while the other one takes an Uber with the luggage? Can the 6 yo walk without the stroller to get to the DLH? Then the other stroller can go with the luggage. With little ones and no luggage, I would plan on a 20+ minute walk straight up Disneyland Dr. Then you have a choice: if you have extra time, enter the PPH and let your little ones look around. You can cut right through to the back exit, go right and follow the path to the parking lot -- cross and follow the path to your left around by the DLH. You can enter any one of the paths that enter the hotel grounds (there are signs posted) or keep going until you see bag check on your right and the Sorcerer's Hat on your left. Go left! If you don't have extra time: skip the PPH by all means and stay on Disneyland Dr. until you are just past the hotel, go left into the parking lot and follow the path around the DLH (like the directions above).
Reward (and motivation for being good on the walk to the hotel): Dole Whip at the DLH coffeehouse!
Thank you so much for the tips! It sounds doable and I think it will work out for us!

This past weekend, we walked from the Wyndham Anaheim to Paradise Pier. We only had our backpacks and one large luggage on wheels. It was less than a 15 minute walk so your's should be much shorter. I took a peek at Uber and it was $7 so we saved that money for churros.

It's an easy walk, BUT strollers and rolling luggage and only two adults isn't going to be easy. Too many handles and not enough hands. The crosswalk from Stovalls to the side where PPH and DLH are is just about the longest crosswalk in the world, so I would NOT recommend having the 4 year old walk. I barely want to walk it! :)

I personally would send a parent with all the luggage and one of the strollers in a taxi etc, and I'd have the other parent and the kids walk unencumbered. 4 year old in the stroller, 6 year old right by parent's side, listening to the parent and not dawdling. Meet up at DLH and continue with your day!

If you have a lot of luggage, one parent could go with some of the luggage check in (if the room isn't ready store that with bell services) and then they could return to the Stovall's for the rest of the family and bags.

It isn't a too long of a walk, I'd say about 10-15 minutes maximum.

I would go with ajrwdwgirl's suggestion. Send one parent with luggage, then have them return and push kids in the strollers. The walk is not bad at all...for adults. But for little ones it will take a toll on their little legs, especially since this is at the end your trip and they will have likely already done a lot of walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter