has anyone used informed delivery from the post office

Just know it will not show oversized items, like magazines, or larger than regular letter size envelopes. So it's great for seeing what is coming (our in our are, what is supposed to coming), there still may be items that were delivered that you can't see.

We use it so we know what to expect from the mailman. We had the same mailman for 30 years, even when we moved, but when he retired, we kept getting a new mailman every few months and he was constantly delivering mail to the wrong address.

Ive been hearing about this service for a little while now since our mail box is by the road and not near the house

it would be nice just to look on line and if we didnt get any mail I wouldnt have to run out to check

just wondering how this exactly works and what are the pros and cons
thanks
No cons...just shows you what's been scanned in to be delivered to you. I will say there are a few times that it says it's arriving "today" but doesn't until the next, but otherwise works well.

We just renewed ours. Just FYI, the Texas office received ours on September 28, the passports are dated October 16, we received them the 25th. So just a month, I was expecting it to take much longer.
Processing times seems to vary. Our son’s passport, that we sent in around Aug. 5th, arrived in about 6 weeks. My husband and I sent ours in on September 9th and my husband’s arrived this past Friday, about 8 weeks later. My status shows it’s in process.

Processing times seems to vary. Our son’s passport, that we sent in around Aug. 5th, arrived in about 6 weeks. My husband and I sent ours in on September 9th and my husband’s arrived this past Friday, about 8 weeks later. My status shows it’s in process.

Were yours at the Texas office too? I assume different sites have different processing times. I had read reports of it taking a months & longer than usual. Our passports were actually expired but we’re still within the 15 years so we were able to renew instead of applying all over again. I expected it to take longer because of that. So I was really surprised we got them so quick. I had checked our status on a whim. Mine showed approved, was mailed that day & the tracking number. My husband‘s showed in process. His passport was delivered the same day as mine. So it must have been mailed already even tho it only showed in process.

I have used informed delivery for a couple years now. I have only had to call once to check on something important that I was waiting for, it had been misdirected so arrived in about a week.

The important thing I really like is for our prescriptions, I don’t want the meds sitting in a hot Texas mailbox longer than a day.

I've had it for a number of years. I was forced to sign up to hold my mail one vacation. With being away from the house it's been nice to know what's coming or if I have to go check the mail.
The one con I have is that you only have the week to identify mail that you didn't receive

Love it and have used it for years. Con: stressing all day when it shows an unexpected IRS envelope. 🤣
Informed delivery saved me last week. I saw that we had a letter fro the State Comptroller Compliance Division and I knew I had to intercept it before my easily freaked out DH saw it. It ended up being a simple fix but DH would have had himself in a tizzy until it was dealt with.

Doesn't this make it really easy for your correspondence to be hackable since everything is recorded digitally?

Mail is one of the few private things left, not a fan of the idea.
My understanding is that all mail is scanned by the PO anyway so signing up for the service doesn't open you up to any additional risk. And, it is only the outside of the envelope so not much confidential information.

But, if an evildoer were to steal your actual bank statement/credit card from your mailbox, with informed delivery, you have a better chance of noticing it is gone and narrowing down the day it went missing.

I think it gives you an idea of what's coming in the mail in the near future, not always on that exact day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter