Has anyone tried??

nkjzmom

<font color=purple>and baby Samantha, too!<br><fon
Has anyone tried LA Weight Loss? I joined on Sept 4 and have lost 24 lbs which is about 3 lbs/week!!!! I really wasn't expecting much. Any other successes/failures/questions/opinions???

Next ?, for those of you who know, how difficult will it be for me to eat at Disney and stay on the diet? I know I can print out menus, etc....but will I end up eating salads all the time? How much fresh fruit can I find?

Congrats on your weight loss! I'm not familiar with LA Weight Loss, but just wanted to say that I don't think you'll have a problem finding "healthy" foods in WDW. If I'm not mistaken, at many counter service places you can substitute carrot sticks in place of fries. I think you should be able to find fresh fruit too. I thought the Norway buffet was great for those watching their diets.

Also, you'll be walking a lot, so that'll burn off a lot of calories. I wear a pedometer, and on an average day at home, going to work, etc. I do about 5,000 steps. I try to include extra walks to make it 10,000 per day. At WDW, we did 30,000 steps in a day!

Hi nkjzmom,

Congrats on the weight loss. What is the LA program about?
We have one in the area, but I have never heard of anyone who has gone.

Is it expensive? Do you have to buy special food?

Any input you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Debbie

Debbie,

I want to lose weight to prepare to donate a kidney to my brother. I started at 192 on my 5'4" body and as of Mon was at 167.

I just impulsively walked in and joined. It was about $400 and they want it right up front which really wanted to make me turn around and leave. But, for 20 weeks of Weight Loss, 6 weeks of Stabilization, and 52 weeks of.....the word just completely slipped my mind....anyway, it turns out to be about 5/week. This is comparable to Weight Watchers I believe.

You have a plan to follow with proteins, starches, veggies, fruits and a pretty good list of foods to choose from. I'm eating more fruits and veggies than I ever have. They do sell snacks and things that you wouldn't get otherwise. I do buy some of the sweet treats they offer because it gets my chocolate cravings out of the way. During weight loss, I go in and visit with them 3 times/week...usually 5-10 min long unless you really wanted to discuss things with them.

Sometimes I feel like I did a really dumb thing spending so much money...but I'm amazed everytime I go in and have lost. I have a few friends who have gone in but did not join....others who are going to just as soon as they save up the $$.

More and more people are commenting to me about the weight I've lost. That is such a reward, that and being able to buy smaller clothes ALREADY!!

Thanks for responding.

You are preparing to do a wonderful thing for your brother. I hope everything goes well for you and him.

You are the same height and around the same weight as I am. Have you also been exercising to help with the weight loss? I am going to find their website and look into.

Congrats again .....

Debbie

Thanks for the kind words...that is a story in and of itself!!

I'm a SAHM of 4 kids under 7....so I get SOME exercise!!!:)

But other than playing with them, cleaning the house, walking or biking with them....no that's it. And the weight still comes off. I know if I exercised more I would probably do alot better.

Good luck!

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter