Has anyone stayed @ the Anaheim Marriott Suites?

quinns-mommy

The Mitchell Family
My husband is coming home in April for 2 weeks from Iraq and we're planning our first DL vacation with our 2 year old son. I was wondering if anyone had stayed at this hotel and what I could expect in the way of service. It looks nice on the net but they always put good pic's up to impress!
Thanks

My family and I stayed at the Marriott suites back in 2004. We enjoyed the stay but it was a long ride to the park each morning on the shuttle as we had to stop at 5 or 6 other hotels. We much more enjoyed the Staybridge suites. They are much closer, better rooms and shorter trip to the park each morning if you ride the shuttle.

Now when I booked the hotel, I was told that the hotel was right like 2 blocks away from DL. Is that true? I hope so. Even though we are renting a car, it'd still be nice to be that close. Is there a lot of things to do outside of the parks beside the hotel?

It actually more like 3 or 4 blocks directly south if I remember right. The one nice thing about the Marriott Suites is there are several restraunts within walking distance. I remember a red robin in the same parking lot. There is also a Target across the street. Nice place to restock the snack bag before heading to the park :)

We stayed there in Nov 05 it is far, the shuttle sucks and it makes it almost impossible to get back to your hotel in the mid afternoon for a swim/rest. I have to say that the only good thing it had going for it was a starbucks in the lobby and target across the street ... we are staying at the BWPPI in april ... i wanted to be as close to DL as possible after staying so far. The hotel is fine, but not amazing. We wasted so much DL time shuttling back and forth etc.. and when the parks close at 8 the last shuttle is 8:25 so there is no time to even wonder DTD or anything. We were there a week and saw a lot more of DL and had way better trips staying across the street for 4 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter