• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone stayed in adjoining rooms on Wonder?

Kay H

Earning My Ears
Leaving sunday (8/10) for 4 night cruise on the Wonder. When I made reservations in Feb, Was told we would have adjacent rooms. I looked at the Disney book given to me by the travel agent, and I see that we have adjoining rooms, #7506 and #7504. Son, dil and 2 grands in one and dh and I in the other. Can anyone give me any info on adjoining rooms? Will we have privacy? Grands are earlier risers than we are. Thanks in advance. This is our 1st Disney cruise.

There are two doors between the staterooms and each door can be locked. You can lock your door and it wouldn't be able to be opened by your family in the other stateroom.

Stayed in adjoining cabins last cruise. As Kaa stated there are two doors between the two staterooms. You lock yours and they lock theirs. The only problem will be when they come knocking on your door to see if you are up yet!

Enjoy your cruise in only 5 days (I've got to wait 150 days.)

Thank you for your quick responses. I can handle it as long as they can't run in and jump on our bed before we are awake. Can't wait for cruise!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We did the 4 day Wonder on the exact other side of the ship, myself, DW and DS (then 6) in 7004 and BIL, SIL, their DS (3) and DD(5) in 7006. My MIL and FIL were in 5004. Set ground rules the night before about wanting to sleep in, or don't knock before a certain time, and unless there are bigger problems, it should be fine. What is very nice is once folks are up, just propping the doors open and making a bigger "suite" out of things. It was our first DIS cruise and we enjoyed it so much, in-laws and all, that i booked the 7 day Magic on-board. And Cat. 8's are great--the location lets you use the forward stairs easily avoiding crowds to get quickly up to deck 9 for the pools, or to take a stroll to the drink station aft, and also to use the stairs uickly to get to the Walt Disney Theatre for the great shows. Enjoy!!

Ahhhhh!!!! That must be one of those things that is sooooo grand about being the GRANDparents, and not the parents!!! :D

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

Wishing on a star said "That must be one of those things that is sooooo grand about being the GRANDparents"

You are soooo right. GRANDparents can just give the kids back to the parents just about anytime. It's great!

What we did with our kids (10 & 15) in our adjoining rooms was to keep THEIR door UNLOCKED but closed as close as you can get it & kept a key to their door just in case (you can get an extra @ the help desk). Also, we kept OUR door LOCKED for privacy & the rule was that they could leave for breakfast but not before a certain time & they could NOT wake us up. (We only met for dinner meals - everyone's choice!) It worked out great!

Tip - If you have a sound conditioner aka white noise machine it works WONDERs for helping to drown out outside noises & helps the kids sleep in - uninterrupted. If you don't have one I know you can get one in the JCP catalog & also at Naturestapestry.com.

Enjoy your trip!

HI! I'm so excited to see someone else is booked in the exact rooms as we will be (Oct 30-Nov 2) on the Wonder! You should be back from your trip, unless you were doing something else after the cruise, please reply and let me know how you liked the rooms, the location, etc.!! We will have my MIL with us, and our 2 kids. Thanks!

Originally posted by Kay H
Leaving sunday (8/10) for 4 night cruise on the Wonder. When I made reservations in Feb, Was told we would have adjacent rooms. I looked at the Disney book given to me by the travel agent, and I see that we have adjoining rooms, #7506 and #7504. Son, dil and 2 grands in one and dh and I in the other. Can anyone give me any info on adjoining rooms? Will we have privacy? Grands are earlier risers than we are. Thanks in advance. This is our 1st Disney cruise.

Alaskantwinks,

The rooms were great. All the way at the front of the ship,huge window,near elevator and stairs, we took stairs most of the time. Left adjoining doors open during the day and closed at night. Only 2 floors down from the pools.

We had a great time, the ship is easy to maneuver around and Casaway Cay is tremendous. Hope you have as much fun as we did. It was probably a once in a lifetime for us.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hello Kay, that was fast! So did both rooms have the veranda? Or am I mistaken that these have the veranda with navigator window? Was it noisy being so close to the elevator/stairs? Did you go to Palo? How did you get to the ship (did you come straight from the airport, we are going to be at the Polynesian and are considering taking a private shuttle as opposed to Disney's bus) One last question (for now) Did you find that the boat swayed more in the front where your cabins were, I got seasick the last time I was on a cruise years ago....Thanks!! Kelly

Originally posted by Kay H
Alaskantwinks,

The rooms were great. All the way at the front of the ship,huge window,near elevator and stairs, we took stairs most of the time. Left adjoining doors open during the day and closed at night. Only 2 floors down from the pools.

We had a great time, the ship is easy to maneuver around and Casaway Cay is tremendous. Hope you have as much fun as we did. It was probably a once in a lifetime for us.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce:

Hi Alaskantwinks.

I guess I wasn't very specific about the room. Sorry.

We never heard the elevators from our room. There were probably 6 or so rooms between our room and the elevators. The rooms (mirror images of each other) had a king bed, desk, plenty of drawer space, in room safe, locked by room key, refridge, then a separate room, which could be closed off with a curtain, which contained a sofa , which converted to twin beds, a tv and 2 lavs, one with toilet and sink, and one with tub/shower and sink. I liked the two separate because on person could use the john and one could brush their teeth or apply make up without being bothered by the other. The grands slept on the bunks in their room. We each had a LARGE window.

We had no veranda but spent little time in our room and you could find deck space all over the ship. No motion was noted except for our last night heading to Port Canaveral, when the tropical depression was below Florida. A few times I awoke and was aware of motion, but not enough to make me sea sick

Son and dil went to Palo's one night. DH had a medical problem aboard and didn't feel well enough to go. He had to have a catheter inserted(past 60, enlarged postrate). Happened 2 yrs ago also on our Alaskan cruise. Trying to convince him to have surgery but that is another story.

I know you'll enjoy your cruise. It was GREAT!

to answer about transportation to ship. We flew in from Philly, were met at airport by Disny Cruise people and took their bus to the ship. They have you fill in required paper work on bus, put required coupons in an envelope and hand it in on bus and it saves lots of time checking in. They show Disney cartoons on the 50min ride to ship. It is an impressice sight after going over a bridge and seeing the massive Wonder awaiting in port. Gets you in the mindset for the cruise. We were also able to check our luggage at the port when we left the ship for our return home. Disney has the best deembarkation process I have ever seen. Get up, eat breakfast, leave ship, pick up luggage, sorted by room number, check luggage and get on bus for return to airport. What a breeze. Enjoy!!!!

Thanks for the detailed description of the rooms! That gives me a much better idea. The sofa turns into twins? How is this done? I know we will appreciate the two rooms and especially bathrooms, because we will have one room at the Polynesian where we will be staying previously.

Sorry to hear about your DH's illness on the ship. I hope he will reconsider getting the surgery for his sake, but I can understand why he's apprehensive, I don't like the sound of doctors and surgeries much either.

Back to the transportation, I think our trip will be more like an hour and a half with the bus from our resort...so you probably got there earlier. Did you have to stop on the way to pick anyone else up? I think we may have to, which would take away from our time to get checked in, make Palo and spa reservations, etc. Hopefully we can get our paperwork either sent to us before we leave or maybe we can get them to send it to the Polynesian and we can fill it out there so we will be prepared. We won't be getting there anytime soon after this trip, so want to make the best of it. I am getting quotes from other towncar services now. We also don't want to be dropped off at the airport on the return, because we are spending the night by the airport before heading out the next day. Thanks again for all your info!!! Kelly

The Disney bus made no stops between the airport and the port. Spa prices are high. We mad no tour arrangements thru the ship. We stayed on the ship in Freeport. Don't know how the sofa converts to bunks but the room attendant does it so you don't have to worry about it. They make it up in the am and prepare for sleep while we were at dinner. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter