Has anyone stayed at Vistana Villages? accessibilty ??'s

sncbird

<font color=blue>I need a Starbucks Latte!<br><fon
Hi,

We're considering staying at the Vistana Vilaages
11/25/04-12/04/04. I do have a few questions reguarding accessibility. Do they have accessible rooms (we're looking to stay in a 2 bedroom)? Also, do they have elevators in all their buildings? I believe they have a zero entry pool.

We were also considering the Wyndham Palms but when I spoke to the reservation agent he seemed very "put-out" with my questions. He told me I can reserve an accessible room but they couldn't guarentee it :confused: . That's when I asked to speak to a Supervisor. She said they could guarantee an accessible room but her attitude on the phone also left alot to be desired. I thought if this is the type of customer service we can expect then we will find another resort to spend our money at.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I would welcome that as well :)

Thanks - Christine

Originally posted by sncbird
Hi,

We're considering staying at the Vistana Vilaages
11/25/04-12/04/04. I do have a few questions reguarding accessibility. Do they have accessible rooms (we're looking to stay in a 2 bedroom)? Also, do they have elevators in all their buildings? I believe they have a zero entry pool.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I would welcome that as well :)

Thanks - Christine

I just got back from a 2-week stay at the Vistana Resort... 2-bedroom accessible. Same, but different...older. They have heavy self-closing doors on the rooms...If you're in a chair or scooter, take a rubber door stop with a rope attached for easy pick-up. I had roll-in shower in master bath, yayyyy. The other bath had tub/shower...I saw pics of the huge jacuzzi in the master bedroom before I went but found access to that for me is a thing of the past.

At the condo where I stayed the kitchen was not set up to accommodate someone cooking from a chair. Also, the curb cuts are not as numerous as I would have liked...Lots of detours when the maintenance crews are working. I traveled alone so had some real difficulties with shuttle transport...supposed to be accessible but that's not true. If you have mechanical wheels, take Mears vans, or car. Mears has lifts...no other big transport contractor does...

The V. Resort had elevators. Both are Starwood properties. Get a free Starwood card (Starwood.com) for better treatment.

Resort had exceptionally friendly staff from top to bottom. Lots of things to do there. Villages should be about the same. Nice gift shop/grocery/snack store. GREAT landscaping! Dinner delivery...(pizza, etc).
I would go back.....

Thanks videogal1 for your reponse.

I e:mailed them and I received a very quick response. They do have a 2 bedroom accessible unit but it does not have a roll-in shower but the one bedroom does. All their building have elevators. If anyone else has stayed here, I would love to hear your experience.

Thanks

Originally posted by sncbird
Thanks videogal1 for your reponse.

I e:mailed them and I received a very quick response. They do have a 2 bedroom accessible unit but it does not have a roll-in shower but the one bedroom does.

Thanks

OOPS!!
my fingers counted bathrooms while my brain counted bedrooms..... 2 1 2 1 2 1
Face to the chalkboard for me! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter