Has anyone stayed at the Hilton?

Rebekkap

Australian Mouseketeer!
Am thinking of staying there as I'm a diamond elite member of the Hilton Hhonors program (which means free breakfast and free Internet, plus a room upgrade if available).

Can anyone tell me how it was staying there? How long is the walk to the parks? What is the pool like? Etc!

You can see pictures of their pool area on thier website.

As for the walk, there is a short cut thru the Disney parking structure. I haven't done it but perhaps someone else can tell you about it.

As for the walk, there is a short cut thru the Disney parking structure. I haven't done it but perhaps someone else can tell you about it.

I don't know of any way to cut through the Disney parking structure. There's no parking structure between the Hilton and the DL entrance anyways. Are you thinking of those talking about using the shuttle at the Toy Story Lot to the east?

I've stayed and did like it. It's generally centered on the convention business. It's a full-service hotel with three concierge desks and a full-service bar. They've got a food court, and even a Disney employee selling tickets at their "Disney Desk".

Last time we stayed on the top floor in a regular room. However, that floor also had suites and meeting rooms.

The thing about the place is that their rates wildly fluctuate depending on whether there's a major convention going on. When there isn't, the rates can go way down to under $100 a night and they pick up more DL visitors. When a major convention is in town, prices start at about $200 or more.

You can't cut thru the parking area any more. The pool is large with 2 jacuzzi's and a splash area.

Am thinking of staying there as I'm a diamond elite member of the Hilton Hhonors program (which means free breakfast and free Internet, plus a room upgrade if available).

Can anyone tell me how it was staying there? How long is the walk to the parks? What is the pool like? Etc!

It's a standard Hilton. I'm diamond as well and have never gotten a complimentary upgrade--just the internet offers to pay for a confirmed upgrade in advance. Rooms, customer service, lounge, etc. are all run-of-the-mill Hilton (meaning nothing wrong with them but nothing special either).

Thanks - pictures of pools on websites can be very misleading, one of the reasons I asked for people's actual experiences :-)

This is one of the hotels that FBLA has used and will use at the end of the month for its national convention. The walk to the parks was not that bad (but I walk 3-4 miles a day). It is your standard Hilton designed for convention business.

I liked it there and you can walk across the street to the Toy Story parking lot and hop on the bus.

I love staying there. I was just there earlier this week. We took the ART to DL and it took us 6 minutes. We were quite happy. It only makes one stop, DL and the hotel.

The pool is nice but only 5 and 1/2 feet deep. the kids had a great time though. Loved the food. Our room was $129.00 and included buffet breakfast for all 3 of us.

Thanks everyone for your replies - sounds like it should be fine for us!

Good to know we have the option of the ART as well.

It's a standard Hilton. I'm diamond as well and have never gotten a complimentary upgrade--just the internet offers to pay for a confirmed upgrade in advance. Rooms, customer service, lounge, etc. are all run-of-the-mill Hilton (meaning nothing wrong with them but nothing special either).

I've got a complimentary upgrade a few times, so I'll cross my fingers (not that we're planning to be in the room much!)

We stay here all the time. The walk is not too far, but if you're feet are tired at night just jump on the Toy Story shuttle. If you can ask for a corner Disney view room, the one we got was huge. We also really like the bar in the lobby and of course breakfast is always good. The Starbucks in the lobby usually has quite a line, but they are pretty quick.

Staying for three nights at the begining of August.
Glad to hear positive reviews.
Any tips or tricks to make the most of our Disney stay???

:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter