Has anyone seen anyone or themselves been denied entry to parks or resorts due to fever or symptoms?

Randy Miller

Mouseketeer
I’m just curious? Even at 25-50 percent capacity...someone has GOT to have symptoms....and honestly, someone really has to “have it”. So, I just wondered if anyone has witnessed It , or been subject to it Themselves?

Curious as well. I talked to a friend who goes to Universal and WDW daily and she said she's seen a few double takes on temps but nobody that's been denied. I've also been watching a bunch of vloggers and no issues with temps. With as weird as Covid is, many people are walking around with it and have no symptoms so who knows? All I know is I've never had the flu and never been A-ok. I know if I have the flu.

It's a weird virus for sure.

I’m just curious? Even at 25-50 percent capacity...someone has GOT to have symptoms....and honestly, someone really has to “have it”. So, I just wondered if anyone has witnessed It , or been subject to it Themselves?
many people are walking around with it and have no symptoms so who knows?
Exactly this ^ . Part of my job at my dialysis unit is to screen the patients coming in - temps and a list of questions. We have had some covid positive patients and none of them have had a temp. I even spoke with them after they recovered. One had intense body aches that even a sheet on them hurt and a few others would not have know they had it but only knew because they were tested at their nursing home.

There are a wide range of symptoms (GI, loss of taste/smell, headache sore throat) and many people have none. So I feel their temp screen probably doesn't produce many elevated temps related to covid.

I had to sit in the tent the other day around 3:30 headed into HS. It was hot as hades and both myself and my 5yo had to. They tested us 5 min later and we were good to go! I have had no symptoms nor been exposed to anyone with COVID as far as I know.

I have not, but I went swimming yesterday for an hour around noon. Later that day, my forehead thermometer read 100.6. I was feeling warm and so took my temp. I believe the elevated temp was due to a minor sunburn on my forehead. I feel fine today and have a normal temperature.

Forehead scanners are not the most accurate at finding actual sick people. There are too many other reasons why your forehead may feel warmer than normal.

Parks opened on July 11th & July 15th at 20% of max capacity allowed. Magic Kingdom's capacity is 50,000 so we're talking only 10,000 max each. Masks are required on property (parks, rides, restrooms, restaurants (when not eating/drinking, resorts, etc.) It seems as from everything I've read on CDC and FL Department of Health websites, half the population could have the virus without symptoms. So, while I feel Disney from all accounts is safer/cleaner/more protocols than my local Publix and Walgreens, are they asking guests questions about any symptoms they could have or recently had, where they traveled from if not a local, etc? Just curious if they are just doing temperature checks only. With all the safety measures, hand sanitizer before & after each ride, hand washing stations, cast members disinfectanting railings, ride vehicles, door handles, etc I would feel totally comfortable going and have reservations for a 4 day 3 night stay, 3 parks in November (had to cancel our trip in May.) I personally hope all of Disney World keeps these cleaning protocols in place long after the virus has passed/vaccine/antibiotics....

Parks opened on July 11th & July 15th at 20% of max capacity allowed. Magic Kingdom's capacity is 50,000 so we're talking only 10,000 max each. Masks are required on property (parks, rides, restrooms, restaurants (when not eating/drinking, resorts, etc.) It seems as from everything I've read on CDC and FL Department of Health websites, half the population could have the virus without symptoms. So, while I feel Disney from all accounts is safer/cleaner/more protocols than my local Publix and Walgreens, are they asking guests questions about any symptoms they could have or recently had, where they traveled from if not a local, etc? Just curious if they are just doing temperature checks only. With all the safety measures, hand sanitizer before & after each ride, hand washing stations, cast members disinfectanting railings, ride vehicles, door handles, etc I would feel totally comfortable going and have reservations for a 4 day 3 night stay, 3 parks in November (had to cancel our trip in May.) I personally hope all of Disney World keeps these cleaning protocols in place long after the virus has passed/vaccine/antibiotics....

The capacity of MK is closer to 80,000.

Parks opened on July 11th & July 15th at 20% of max capacity allowed. Magic Kingdom's capacity is 50,000 so we're talking only 10,000 max each.

I'm curious as to where you are getting your info about capacity and crowd numbers? As far as I've ever seen this is proprietary information and Disney does not release their numbers

I think the extra safety measures are expensive and time consuming, but perhaps some of the lower cost procedures could remain in place. I'm fine carrying my own hand sanitizer (gotta cost them a fortune to provide this much of it). Love the hand washing stations, and at least SOME extra disinfecting would be great.

I never saw anyone get denied from temp while at UO either. Not going to Disney until Sept.

Exactly this ^ . Part of my job at my dialysis unit is to screen the patients coming in - temps and a list of questions. We have had some covid positive patients and none of them have had a temp. I even spoke with them after they recovered. One had intense body aches that even a sheet on them hurt and a few others would not have know they had it but only knew because they were tested at their nursing home.

There are a wide range of symptoms (GI, loss of taste/smell, headache sore throat) and many people have none. So I feel their temp screen probably doesn't produce many elevated temps related to covid.
I was the same as you today too. My 2 little dudes have CP and we go to our local children’s hospital for therapy multiple times a week and 4 times (or more) a week they take my temperature and the boys. We have always been “normal” but today I just stood there like, why is this even a screen?? Like you said, so many people do not have a fever, or are asymptomatic. They sissy’s ask me the same list if questions, ( sore throat? Cough? Congestion?......) and thankfully I have never had, but I kind of think, who would say yes?? I mean, if you say yes, you can’t get in , and it’s so easy to just lie...how many people just say no ( if it’s somewhere they really want to go)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter