Has anyone rope dropped TSMM lately?

We did it on Saturday 1/13. While we weren't there exactly at rope drop (maybe 10 minutes after) we waited about 80 minutes to ride. Most of the queue is outside on either side of Pixar Place with CM monitoring crossing points.

We did it on Saturday 1/13. While we weren't there exactly at rope drop (maybe 10 minutes after) we waited about 80 minutes to ride. Most of the queue is outside on either side of Pixar Place with CM monitoring crossing points.

Oh no, 80 minutes :( Maybe I should drop our RnR FP & pick up TSMM. My 3 year old would never make it through an 80 minute wait.
Thanks for your reply!!

Thanks for the info.

Just switched out our Rock N Roller Coaster FP for Toy Story Mania.

We'll be doing RnRC at Rope Drop now instead of TSM. With the third track shut down, I recall only too well what the running of the bulls was like at TSM Rope Drop....

Oh, dear!

If you're interested in an alternate strategy, the line for Toy Story decreases significantly in the evening. Just keep in mind that the posted wait times are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage riders,

Even at the height of its popularity, we were often able to ride 4 times during the last hour of operation even when the posted wait times were in the 70-90 minute range.

We've always found this to be a much more efficient use of time than fighting through the rope drop crowd just to ride once.

If you're interested in an alternate strategy, the line for Toy Story decreases significantly in the evening. Just keep in mind that the posted wait times are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage riders,

Even at the height of its popularity, we were often able to ride 4 times during the last hour of operation even when the posted wait times were in the 70-90 minute range.

We've always found this to be a much more efficient use of time than fighting through the rope drop crowd just to ride once.

Exactly this. One of the best kept secrets. Applies to many rides.

Has anyone done EMH rope drop since the third track closed? We were hoping to do that, but don't want a huge wait

I didn't quite 'rope drop' it on the 3rd January (that was the plan but I was late and arrived at 9:40), but the wait time was definitely exaggerated.

I'd been refreshing the app on the bus and it was constantly at 20 minutes, when I finally got to the entrance it said 85 minutes. I asked a CM 'is that accurate? The park has only just opened' and she said 'yeah it's accurate, and most of the queue is outside in the rain :)' and mentioned that they'd closed the third track (I believe it was the first day). I hadn't come all that way not to bother, so I sucked it up, jumped in line and got drenched (shoes and socks included). After 25 minutes I made it inside, and expected the queue to wind all the way around, but was at the glasses pick up within 5 minutes. After 35 total minutes I was on the ride, and couldn't believe it.

Came outside, and the wait time was at 70 minutes. Jumped in line again - only 25. Final time, posted at 55 minutes - actual wait was about 30. In under two hours I'd ridden three times and despite being cold and wet I was delighted. No, it wasn't quite walk-on, but it was good enough for me.

I don't know if my experience is common, but if it is - ignore the posted wait time up until about 90-120 minutes after the park opens.

We were at DHS on Tuesday, January 16. Regular 9 am opening. Entered the park at 8:30 am, and walked briskly (behind CMs) to RnRC at about 8:45 am. Rode twice before 9:00 am. Then dropped in on ToT standby (10 minute line). Used FP+ for TSMM at 10 am. Most of the line was outside. Once we entered the building, very short wait/ line walk through.

My plan is to rope drop TS, rock and roller FP at 10 (of course good until 11) ToT at 1110,lunch. The last time we had a FP for TSMM and did rope drop for RnR, we got to RnR and it was down for hours and we never got on. If we'd had a FP for it we could have gone back later without the standby. And in all honesty, DH doesn't care whether we ride TSMM or not so if we miss it we miss it.

My plan is also to rope drop TSMM since we aren't getting any FP for studios. Fingers crossed since it's really the only ride we even want to ride in the whole park!

I didn't quite 'rope drop' it on the 3rd January (that was the plan but I was late and arrived at 9:40), but the wait time was definitely exaggerated.

I'd been refreshing the app on the bus and it was constantly at 20 minutes, when I finally got to the entrance it said 85 minutes. I asked a CM 'is that accurate? The park has only just opened' and she said 'yeah it's accurate, and most of the queue is outside in the rain :)' and mentioned that they'd closed the third track (I believe it was the first day). I hadn't come all that way not to bother, so I sucked it up, jumped in line and got drenched (shoes and socks included). After 25 minutes I made it inside, and expected the queue to wind all the way around, but was at the glasses pick up within 5 minutes. After 35 total minutes I was on the ride, and couldn't believe it.

Came outside, and the wait time was at 70 minutes. Jumped in line again - only 25. Final time, posted at 55 minutes - actual wait was about 30. In under two hours I'd ridden three times and despite being cold and wet I was delighted. No, it wasn't quite walk-on, but it was good enough for me.

I don't know if my experience is common, but if it is - ignore the posted wait time up until about 90-120 minutes after the park opens.
It is entirely possible that the wait time was inflated in order to fend off complaints of having to wait over an hour in the rain. Just consider your own example - soaked to the bone but still happy because you didn't have to wait as long. On the morning in my example the wait times were very close to accurate.

Rope dropped Toy Story Mania on Monday (Jan 22) and we waited about 20 minutes. We were there maybe 20-30 minutes before opening but there were already enough people there so that we couldn't see the CMs walking the crowd over. Your success will greatly be affected by much earlier than park opening you arrive.

It is entirely possible that the wait time was inflated in order to fend off complaints of having to wait over an hour in the rain. Just consider your own example - soaked to the bone but still happy because you didn't have to wait as long. On the morning in my example the wait times were very close to accurate.

Oh absolutely, that's a fair point too. After my first ride I did also consider whether they were deliberately keeping most of the line outside not only to reduce the slip hazards inside (they had loads of mats down and were telling people to remove their ponchos) but also to discourage people from bothering (hence the CM's remark towards me) - but given I've since read reports (including yours) of others waiting outside maybe that's more to do with the third track being down, I don't know.

But yeah, you're right - it definitely worked for me! Granted I was committed either way and was aware it was of my own doing, but it still improved my mood haha

Rope dropped TSMM yesterday. Definitely had that 'running of the bulls' feeling but we were on the ride within 10 minutes. By the time we got out though, they were saying 105 minute wait. Ride times stayed over an hour for most of the day.

Careful with the fp for tsmm the line is really long sometimes due to them giving tomany fp out. Tim trackers last video showed it being an hour wait with a fp...

We have a PPO breakfast at H&V and plan to head to TSMM as soon as we're done. Anyone know if we can head over there early after we finish eating?

We will be there next week too! We weren't able to get a FP for TSM because of Tiering and hopping . Our plan is to rope drop it also. Hoping because we are there on a weekday not the weekend it should be easier. We've done this in the past and it's worked. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter