Has anyone rented the $31 stroller yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the experience will still be the same after all you don't get anything new for you money but a lighter pocket:goodvibes

:scared1: $31!!!!! I saw there was an increase, but didn't really look into the article!! How much was it before???

It was $18.

It's not new strollers or anything just a price increase. It will be the same process as before, pay for the stroller, write your name on a card to identify the stroller and leave the area.

So it is $31.00 pre day for a double and $27.00 for a multi-day double rental! Now, isn't that ridiculous?? Has Disney defended or explained this spike in the rate? :)

I was referring to more of the fainting at the register after somone getting the total for a 7 day stroller rental bill.:scared: :headache:
The wailing of parents and children alike. :headache: :headache:
That type of stuff.;)

So it is $31.00 pre day for a double and $27.00 for a multi-day double rental! Now, isn't that ridiculous?? Has Disney defended or explained this spike in the rate? :)

I have feeling Disney is trying to get out of the stroller biz and trying to get guest to bring their own stroller.

So is this information 100% accurate, do we have confirmation that this increase has occured? If so, I will definitely be bringing my own stroller. My kids are 8, 8 and 4 and my 4 YO really needs the stroller and I usually lug all of our junk around in it too. The problem is she is getting big (close to 40lbs I think) and have to find a stroller that she will fit comfortably in, the Dis ones were perfect. I don't want to fly with/check our expensive jogger which is hard to fold and carry around...any suggestions?

I have feeling Disney is trying to get out of the stroller biz and trying to get guest to bring their own stroller.

Well its working. We had planned on renting now I am heading to the closest store to buy a stroller.

I'm just glad for the DIS boards, I would have went down there in a couple of days and been rather mad at the price increase and forced to pay it, now I have a choice.

I just checked the CM private website, and the price is indeed showing as $31 for a double starting today.

So is this information 100% accurate, do we have confirmation that this increase has occured? If so, I will definitely be bringing my own stroller. My kids are 8, 8 and 4 and my 4 YO really needs the stroller and I usually lug all of our junk around in it too. The problem is she is getting big (close to 40lbs I think) and have to find a stroller that she will fit comfortably in, the Dis ones were perfect. I don't want to fly with/check our expensive jogger which is hard to fold and carry around...any suggestions?

We have confirmation this has occurred. Yes. It was announced to Disney employees via their internal 'intranet' and the prices went into effect today.

You may confirm this yourself by calling the Magic Kingdom and asking for the Stroller/Wheelchair staff.

:confused3

Knox

That's all well and good. They better start hiring for more bus drivers then. With strollers taking up space on the bus, they're going to need someway of keeping guests wait times down.

I've always thought they should add a special trailer like car at the end of each tram for strollers. That way, folks could simply load their stroller on the stroller car and not have to worry about folding it up and holding it on the tram. Maybe, they should have a stroller area on buses as well!

I've always thought they should add a special trailer like car at the end of each tram for strollers. That way, folks could simply load their stroller on the stroller car and not have to worry about folding it up and holding it on the tram. Maybe, they should have a stroller area on buses as well!

Now that is a great idea!

I think that would take longer to empty out a tram than how it's done now...or i guess put a CM on the stroller part to unload as soon as they stop....only time that wouldn't work would be a drop off at night. The CM wouldn't know who has what stroller...and those GRACO double strollers are no joke.

We walk to the park from the parking lots. It's just too much to carry two babies (1 and 2 years old) and get the stroller folded and in the tram. We have managed to avoid busses for a few years now....if we park hop, we do it by car.

Funny, the Disney World website is still showing the old prices, I'd have thought that would have been updated first thing this morning. The rental link posted above looks good, but I wonder what happens if someone clips the stroller on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter