Has anyone rented a cabana at a water park?

Bitsmommy

DIS Veteran
Hi! Has anyone rented a Cabana at a water park. We are considering it for our trip next year and I have a few questions.
1. Is there a recommended location to request at each water park?
2. Will the attendant get lunch, ect for you? If so, can you use the dining plan/snack credits for these items?
3. How early do you rent and do you pay the full amount when you call to reserve?
4. Exactly what does it include. Is there an "official" Disney page where I can get more information. So far, all I have seen are various blogs.

Thanks!!!

We rented at both waterparks in September so I might have an answer to some of your questions:
1. Since it was our first time renting, we didn't request any particular location. You can look at the park maps and see if there is any location you would find more convenient. We did not scope around enough to get a vibe on which ones were "ideal" vs. not, I think it might be in the eye of the beholder based on what you like.
2. Yes, the attendant brings lunch, and will bring snacks for you upon request. Yes, you can use your dining plan credits to pay.
3. We called at 180 days before arrival date, but I have seen others say that they have checked the day they arrived at the park and found availability. When we were there, it looked like there were vacancies at some of the other cabanas. We paid in full when reserved but I believe you can get a refund if you cancel within their time frame.
4. Includes all your towels, as much bottled water as you would like, a refillable mug for each person, the attendant taking care of you, and a shady reserved spot with seating for 6.

Hope this helps!

We were at TL on Friday and didn't rent a "patio" but we did rent the umbrella and four chairs for $40. We sat right next to one of the patios and I would not hesitate to rent one on our next trip so good for you on looking into it now! They are NICE!

One thing I overheard while were renting our little set-up. A guest approached the CM to check in for their patio. He was told at the time of his reservation he would be able to select which location he wanted when he checked in. Well, the CM pulled out her sheet of reservations and said "well I see you selected #4" and he said he did not select #4 that he was told he could pick his location upon check-in. The CM went on to explain that they had placed him in #4 and that is where they would be. He wasn't thrilled that he received conflicting information on their placement, and I don't blame him. So, I mention this for you to keep it in mind when making your reservation.

Good luck and have fun!

DSCN0064_zps1c314e0f.jpg

Typhoon Lagoon between the wave pool and the shark reef.
DSCN0079_zps7b507773.jpg

View from the front of the cabana. DS didn't want to go back to the hotel!

At the time you make your reservation, I would recommend requesting a certain area. (The area above the wave pool at TL is awesome!) Google a map of either waterpark and you can see where they place the patios so you can decide which area looks best to you.

We requested a specific area last July when I called to reserve and pay for the umbrella and was happy to find out that we got exactly what we requested. Like anything else, a request is just a request, not a guarantee.

I have rented once at Blizzard Beach and 3 times now at Typhoon Lagoon. I never requested a location in advance. I think location is a matter of personal preference. At Typhoon, I have twice had one to the right of the wave pool (when facing it) and once to the left. I preferred the one to the left--it was shadier and definitely quieter. I didn't think it was so much better that I would specifically request again as there really hasn't been much of a difference. You will get quite a bit of sun in various parts of your cabana as the day progresses--there are no side curtains to block it.

My most recent one was last Friday 10/23, at Typhoon Lagoon. All cabanas and umbrella/lounge chairs were rented for that day. When we checked in at park opening, there was a sign stating that there was premium space availability but that sign was down in about 2 hours. On my prior visits, there was never a time when all of the cabanas were occupied.

The cabana attendants will get your food and drinks if you want (there is a limited bar service) but I have always found the service to be excruciatingly slow. The attendants do not come around every 15 minutes as they have a lot of area to cover--we were lucky to see them every 30 minutes. This last time, we found it easier to just go get in line and get our own food on our timeline. I saw that the people in the next cabana did the same thing. The attendants will not refill your mugs--only the drinks that you order.

You pay in full at the time you book. I booked at 180 days the first time but since then, I've only booked a few days before. For my 10/23 one, I called on 10/20.

In addition to what the PP above said was included, you also get a small locker. The paid space areas are roped off so there's not a lot of foot traffic around them anyway.

We were at TL on Friday and didn't rent a "patio" but we did rent the umbrella and four chairs for $40. We sat right next to one of the patios and I would not hesitate to rent one on our next trip so good for you on looking into it now! They are NICE!

One thing I overheard while were renting our little set-up. A guest approached the CM to check in for their patio. He was told at the time of his reservation he would be able to select which location he wanted when he checked in. Well, the CM pulled out her sheet of reservations and said "well I see you selected #4" and he said he did not select #4 that he was told he could pick his location upon check-in. The CM went on to explain that they had placed him in #4 and that is where they would be. He wasn't thrilled that he received conflicting information on their placement, and I don't blame him. So, I mention this for you to keep it in mind when making your reservation.

Good luck and have fun!
Hi Carrie,
We are a family of 3 so I am much more interested in the umbrella chairs. Do you have any more information you want to share on those? I'm just starting my research on those. Can you request a location at time of reservation? Thanks for any info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter