Has anyone renegotiated their cable bill lately?

clh2

<font color=green>I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my
hi everyone,

We just got hit with a cable increase (From Spectrum).

We have tried to negotiate this down, but so far, haven't had any success.

Has anyone been successful lately? And if you do not mind sharing your action p,an, I would appreciate it!

Thank you!!!

I tried and it was a no go. I told them direct TV offered a better deal. They still would not budge so I switched and the day I cancelled the calls and offers started coming from the cable to come back. They couldn't offer until I was disconnected

I tried and it was a no go. I told them direct TV offered a better deal. They still would not budge so I switched and the day I cancelled the calls and offers started coming from the cable to come back. They couldn't offer until I was disconnected

I noticed this too. Many cable companies have a policy to only allow special deals to new customers. What I did, was downgrade my plan (ie: cut down the number of channels and reduce my internet speed), then started getting introductory offers for premium plans. I'm used to my reduced, more basic plan and love the savings so they are wasting their time.

I did last week with Comcast. Our bill had increased in January. Couldn't get them to lower on phone or in person but called again last week. Saved $40.

Think getting right person helps.

We used to have Time Warner Cable & I was always able to negotiate the bill down. When TMC sold out to Spectrum they refuse to negotiate the bill down at all.

We have AT&T Uverse, I tried to get a promotion rate, have been doing it for the last 4 years. I actually have it on my calendar every year to call, but they wouldn't budge this year. I ended up downgrading to local channels.

Within the last few months our deal with fios came to an end and they were upping our price. My DH called and got the price down close to what we were paying the last two years with them. He just asked and they said ok.

My mom had time warner which changed to spectrum. The price went up and she called and complained (yelled - lol). She got the price down plus they asked her what movie channels she wanted and they gave them to her too.

I did a few months ago with Comcast. Pointed out that tons of people are "cutting the cord" and they have a customer who wants to stay with them and they are driving me away by raising the price more than I can afford while new customers get a deal.They did lower the price.

I do have an advantage, my condo is wired for RCN and Fios. Told the rep from Comcast that if they could not do anything with the price I would go to RCN for a year and in 12 months I would sign up as a "new" Comcast customer and they would be back to reinstall all their equipment and likely wait for an offer for a Gift Card. I know how lucky I am that we have competition for cable.

We don't have a lot of competition in our town so we are stuck with Comcast. They wouldn't budge this year when I called :(

We are in an area where Time Warner Cable changed to Spectrum and I've heard from almost everyone that Spectrum won't budge when you threaten to cancel or switch services. Right now, our bill is "only" $100 so I'm sticking with them for now. But if they throw an increase at us, I'm cutting them. I can make do for awhile with other services until they offer a new introductory rate. I think they are going to lose customers fast if they aren't willing to budge.

We had Time Warner who is now Spectrum also, but my bill stayed the same. I thought I heard from others that when our "contract" was up with Time Warner we could get the new customer rate with Spectrum, but after that was up we wouldn't get any more deals. We'll see I think my rate is up in November.

However my city also has it's own cable services and I'm hoping I can threaten to leave and go with them. Although I hate to go thru switching out all the equipment, ugh. But if I have to I will! And like the previous poster said, I'll switch back and forth every other year to get that new customer rate. As long as switching out all the equipment and what not isn't too much of a hassle.

And if not for DH and his sports I'd cut the dang cord all together!

We had Time Warner who is now Spectrum also, but my bill stayed the same. I thought I heard from others that when our "contract" was up with Time Warner we could get the new customer rate with Spectrum, but after that was up we wouldn't get any more deals. We'll see I think my rate is up in November.

However my city also has it's own cable services and I'm hoping I can threaten to leave and go with them. Although I hate to go thru switching out all the equipment, ugh. But if I have to I will! And like the previous poster said, I'll switch back and forth every other year to get that new customer rate. As long as switching out all the equipment and what not isn't too much of a hassle.

And if not for DH and his sports I'd cut the dang cord all together!
Around here spectrum wants to just give you the equipment and you hook it up yourself. My brother was without telephone several days because they tried hooking up their receiver and couldn't do it. They finally got someone to come and do it for them. Then they decided to get Internet and sane thing happened when they tried to hook that up. It was a ridiculous mess.

Around here spectrum wants to just give you the equipment and you hook it up yourself. My brother was without telephone several days because they tried hooking up their receiver and couldn't do it. They finally got someone to come and do it for them. Then they decided to get Internet and sane thing happened when they tried to hook that up. It was a ridiculous mess.
Well Time Warner and came hooked things up at the start but anytime you need a new internet modem I run up to the store 5 min away and get it myself to do. Ya it's a pain usually a 6 hour ordeal trying to get it to work and being on the phone with a tech. But if you wait for an appointment it could be up to a week for them to get out. If I didn't have kids, I'd just wait but they can't be without the internet, heaven forbid. I'm hoping I keep my equipment and don't have to change to all spectrums. If I do they'll be coming out and doing it I'm not messing w/tv and phone stuff!

Our adult grandson helped us out with Direct TV...when it first started....$35 a monh.....We I called to cancel the other cable service they immediately offered me a huge deduction!! Well you know what no thanks!!! Direct Now doesnt have all the channels but i dont watch tv much..Hubby also has Netflix....we are happy...

We don't have a lot of competition in our town so we are stuck with Comcast. They wouldn't budge this year when I called :(

I was in the same position. I tried after I was increased $60 more a month. They said my promo ended and there was nothing I could do.
I called back again, 30 days later, after the (one month) bill that showed the increase. They then "found" a promo ( with a new name) but Same services, actually added some channels and I was decreased back down, to within $5 of previous billing.
Try again. You have nothing to lose. Ask them to re check for any opportunity of a new promo. Good luck!

Not so much renegotiate as scale back. I don't watch a lot of tv, and I was getting purely annoyed by the "over 200 channels and nothing's on" syndrome, so I went from the "VIP Package" to the basic cable package with 2 extra channels. Thinking about dropping one of the extra channels now, as I don't watch it as much as I thought. My savings are about $50 a month. I smile every time I think about it.

I may go to Netflix next year, but this will mean paying more $ to the cable company, which is also my internet provider, so kind of a disincentive, unless I cut cable altogether.

We have AT&T Uverse, I tried to get a promotion rate, have been doing it for the last 4 years. I actually have it on my calendar every year to call, but they wouldn't budge this year. I ended up downgrading to local channels.
They want to put everyone on Direct since they own it. Was told they want to faze out U-verse.

We had Fios here in New York. Had them for the last 7 years and was now up to $189 a month for 3 dvr’s, HBO, Triple Play.

We watch mostly live sports, cooking shows and few other things. It was just way too much for what we needed.

I called Fios a bunch of times and they never would work with me.

So I stripped down the full service to internet only and got that down to $59 a month (and upgrade our speed).

Got Fire TV, PS Vue elite package ($54 a month) and we are running that. So saving about $80 a month and don’t miss a beat. We have our MLB, NFL, Redzone, cooking shows and PS Vue has a cloud DvR.

Totally worth it and I like I can change the subscription anytime. So we kept HBO ($10 more a month) to finish Game of Thrones and Hard Knocks). Then cancel it moving forward since that is all we needed it for. Next season we can add it just for the last month, binge it and cxl again.

I told FIOS exactly why I was cancelling. Made me feel good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter