Has anyone received a code/pin without ever staying at Disney Resorts?

Gsdlee

Earning My Ears
Has anyone received a code/pin attached to their name without ever staying at Disney Resorts?

I am just curious because I had never stayed in the Disney Resorts and today when I called Disney to check room availability and price and see if there could be a pin/code attached to my name by any chance, the lady at the reservation did not even want to check for me. She then told me that the code/PIN are only for people who had stayed in the Resorts previously and have their names in the system.

Can someone confirm whether that is true or not?

I had previously requested Disney Planning DVD and VHS for the last two years, and thought that there might be a chance that there is a PIN/CODE attached to my name if Disney had the mailing list of the Disney DVD/VHS.

thanks,

We received a code for a very first stay at Disney. We ordered the planning video in 2002 and shortly after that we received a post card with a pin and we used it to book our first trip in 2002 :flower:

Well it just dawned on me that a few months ago I got a postcard with a pin but at the time never thought I'd be going back this soon.

The last time we were there we stayed off site so I did get a pin code with no on site stay. I did order the DVD and also I did buy something at the online Disney store, but I don't knwo if that came first or the post card came first.

I have a pin & I'm using it for my first stay onsite. :)

I have stayed at Disney about three times a year for the past eight years so I have to say I suppose to get a PIN like I just did for my upcoming trip next month you have to have stayed onsite before.

Last year I got 2 e-mail PIN codes that I couldn't use. We are going for the first time in less than 3 weeks. Of course with my luck, I did not receive one that I could use now, figures!! I haven't been there since Epcot was still being built and my parents took my brother and I.

My mom got a postcard a few weeks ago. She has never been to disney. She was trying to get there for our last trip, but could not, due to work. I would imagine that is how she got on the list.

Of course, she can't use hers- DRIVES ME NUTS. I would have loved to have gotten it.

I have never been to Disney, well one day in Epcot 10 years ago but didn't stay onsite, and I got an email code. I think the CM just didn't want to check for you. I would guess they are tired of this, but it is their job.

I got an email with a PIN code -- not for a room discount, but for disney dollars -- two days after i made my reservation. (and coincidentally, two days after i registered for the website)

And although I had never stayed on site before, I had made two previous reservations that dropped out of the system because I kept having to postpone my trip. They mentioned those to me when I made this one, thinking I had used them.

Before we were married my husband got a pin code in the mail. He had never been to Disney and never ordered anything from them.

I also have friends that have never been to Disney and she has received two of them.

I did, I received one and had never stayed in a Disney resort before. I signed up for the DVD's and mailing lists.

I've never been to DW and I got a pin...it wasn't a great one. $150 in Disney Dollars when I purchased a MYW package. Still, I booked it. The only thing I've done is sign up for a vacation planning video.

We've never stayed at a resort and I ended up having a pin that we used for our trip in June. We already had our reservations when I decided to call and just see if we had any codes assigned to us. I was shocked to find out we did! I'm registered with the Disney web site, have bought things from the site, purchased tickets on line for our first trip and have had the vacation videos sent to us. I don't know that the code was linked to my e-mail though. The CM helping me asked the names of everyone in my family so it seemed that she was checking everyone's name. I'm the only one with my e-mail registered with Disney. The great part is that she applied the code to the ressies we already had and we've ended up with POR for $79 a night rahter than the original $149.

Sorry is this was already mentioned, but in general, when people mention pins on the DIS they are speaking of discounts specifically for them. (received by postcard, email, etc.) Codes are discounts for everyone or a group of people (GA residents, FL residents, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter