Has anyone ordered from Shop Disney since the border tightened up?

I'd never ordered before because we usually just buy stuff when we're at the parks. Since our trip this year may not happen we thought we'd treat ourselves but $50 to ship 2 spirit jerseys? Is that right? That seems criminal!

I know right... I got all the way to the checkout with one spirit jersey and two beach towels in my cart then cancelled. Delivery is a killer, then in the exchange rate right now and it started to look pretty crazy to me 😤 lol..

I'd never ordered before because we usually just buy stuff when we're at the parks. Since our trip this year may not happen we thought we'd treat ourselves but $50 to ship 2 spirit jerseys? Is that right? That seems criminal!

It’s not ‘right’...but it is accurate...plus, I’d expect to pay around 30$ COD when UPS arrives with them.

It’s not ‘right’...but it is accurate...plus, I’d expect to pay around 30$ COD when UPS arrives with them.
I suppose ‘right’ was the wrong word, but I think people know what I meant. I love Disney parks merch but not enough to pay that much to get it here.

I suppose ‘right’ was the wrong word, but I think people know what I meant. I love Disney parks merch but not enough to pay that much to get it here.

i wasn’t being pedantic, i was agreeing with you. the extra costs are out of control!

i wasn’t being pedantic, i was agreeing with you. the extra costs are out of control!
Oh no I didn’t think that, just correcting myself! They definitely are out of control. Are there always COD fees too? I know that’s not Disney’s charge but I’d be grumpy after forking out for the shipping and then being hit with more fees. I’ve ordered other stuff from the US and haven’t had such high shipping charges or COD charges.

Oh no I didn’t think that, just correcting myself! They definitely are out of control. Are there always COD fees too? I know that’s not Disney’s charge but I’d be grumpy after forking out for the shipping and then being hit with more fees. I’ve ordered other stuff from the US and haven’t had such high shipping charges or COD charges.

I have only ever made two orders. both times I got COD fees.

My latest order, I got around 100$ in merchandise. Then I paid 40$ shipping, and 30$ COD fees :scared1:

It’s sooo different from ordering from basically any other company these days. Maybe a bit of disney magic is worth it...but the cost is super steep!

if I ever need to order something from the states, including from Disney, I have a good friend who lives outside of philly. I get the stuff shipped to her (try to wait for free shipping) , she repacks it, labels it as a gift and sends it up here. I either add something to the order for her to keep or we figure out a way to reimburse her for the shipping costs. Never paid any extra fees this way.

It's really hard. Everything is bad: exchange rate, delivery charges, customs charges, and then on top of it all, the delivery can be super slow.
Has anyone ordered in the past month and can say how long it took to get a package?
I want The Child items, but I want them in four weeks to give as a birthday present. Some items are supposed to come to TRU in May, but it's hard to trust that it will happen and, since the website currently says you can order *5* at a time, it's hard to trust that I can get one, rather than eBay pirates taking them all, like the darn Rohde ears.

My DD was supposed to work at WDW this May. As a treat, I let both daughters pick out an item on the site. Spent $70USD. Shipping was just under $40USD. And then customs from ups was an additional $35 cdn! wow!

FYI. I just happened to check the tracking on my item. It showed it was waiting clearance at customs. It offered an option to pay that customs online — or you would be charged an additional $5 at door. I paid because of self-isolating & immediately it was”released” by customs and arrived at my house next day. Weird system. One and done. Hoping for malls to open soon. I need retail therapy! :rotfl:

My DD was supposed to work at WDW this May. As a treat, I let both daughters pick out an item on the site. Spent $70USD. Shipping was just under $40USD. And then customs from ups was an additional $35 cdn! wow!

FYI. I just happened to check the tracking on my item. It showed it was waiting clearance at customs. It offered an option to pay that customs online — or you would be charged an additional $5 at door. I paid because of self-isolating & immediately it was”released” by customs and arrived at my house next day. Weird system. One and done. Hoping for malls to open soon. I need retail therapy! :rotfl:
How disappointing for your DD. :guilty:
That is a weird system! I was so excited to order but just couldn't get past that shipping charge. I feel the same as you, in need of retail therapy!! Online isn't cutting it...I miss my Starbucks and browsing.

Reactions: amw
I try to avoid any US company that ships via UPS like the plague because of their excessive brokerage fees. USPS is best IMO.

Another option is to use a company like Cross Border pickups. That way, you will qualify for free shipping to a US address, Cross Border pickups will bring it across the border for you, then you can pick it up it the GTA, or have them mail it to you. There is a similar company for the Port Huron border. You still have to pay them a fee, pay taxes on the items, and if you're not local, pay them to ship it to you, so the savings might not be huge unless you're local and can pick it up from them in the GTA.

There are certain items that they can't ship to Canada. Are you seeing that on absolutely everything you try to order?
Have not tried to order much. Gift cards And a waffle iron. Maybe I will “test” order something else!

Ordered on April 7, paid the COD charges on April 20, and the package finally arrived last Friday (April 24). I am satisfied with the purchase (despite the exorbitant cost when you factor in shipping and exchange), but I may have to return the dress because of sizing.

Does anyone have any advice for returns/exchanges?

Ordered on April 7, paid the COD charges on April 20, and the package finally arrived last Friday (April 24). I am satisfied with the purchase (despite the exorbitant cost when you factor in shipping and exchange), but I may have to return the dress because of sizing.

Does anyone have any advice for returns/exchanges?
Personally I'd tried to figure out a way to sell it myself to recoup at least some of the money! Not sure if you will need to pay shipping to return it as well.

I wish I could order an Orange Bird sipper cup and a Millennium Falcon popcorn bucket. Starting to feel very sad about our cancelled vacation scheduled for May 9th. I even made churros tonight with the Disney recipe to drown our sorrows!

Attachments

• 20200429_172638.jpg
    20200429_172638.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 4
I totally understand, I want Disney merchandise to. We are supposed to arrive at Disney today. Think how great it will be once we all make it back.
I wish I could order an Orange Bird sipper cup and a Millennium Falcon popcorn bucket. Starting to feel very sad about our cancelled vacation scheduled for May 9th. I even made churros tonight with the Disney recipe to drown our sorrows!

these look great!

i’m sorry about your trip, and i hope you can rebook soon

Thought I would share my recent ordering experience from Shop Disney...when I first tried to shop on the website, I wasn't successful in placing an order. I kept getting the message that there are no shipping options available for my address. I contacted customer service and they indicated that if even one item in your cart does not allow for international shipping, it results in the entire order not being processed. The thing is, you have to basically make sure to click on "Shipping & Delivery" in the item description in order to be able to see whether the item will ship internationally...it's not immediately obvious if you don't take that extra step and there is nothing in the cart to indicate which items do not ship internationally so if you didn't check before you added the item to your cart, you have to go back through each item individually to see which ones are not restricted from shipping internationally. I feel like there should be a better system for this but maybe that's just me :). Once I was able to sort out which items I needed to remove from my cart, I was able to place the order...this was on April 5th. Three days later on April 8th I received multiple emails informing me that "due to overwhelming demand and limited availability, your recent order will not include" XX item. This happened for 6 out of the 9 items that I ordered, even though at the time I placed the order, the website indicated that the items were in stock. Well then I was concerned that they were going to charge me $79.50 USD to ship 3 items so I tried to contact them to cancel my order but I didn't hear back from them (my fault for not calling) prior to the order being shipped although it was shipped the same day that I received the emails about the cancelled items. They did write back to say that they reduced the shipping cost to $49.50 USD...for 3 items...ugh...

Anyway, in terms of the timing for shipping, I finally received the order on April 18th so it took almost 2 weeks for delivery. It was odd though because on three different occasions I received messages from UPS saying that the delivery was to happen the following day but then I would receive a message saying it would be delayed. It bounced around like that for a while as it apparently cleared customs on April 10th but I didn't receive it for another 8 days (I am just outside of Toronto for reference purposes). Anyway, I don't know that it was worth the hassle and it was disappointing that a number of the items were not available even though the website indicated they were. I'm gathering a lot of people in the US are likely shopping online since they can't make their purchases at Disneyland or Disney World currently. That's just my guess anyway :).

I have an extra unused Orange Bird sipper cup that we got at the F&G Festival last year. I would be happy to send it to you although would understand if you wanted to wait until this whole COVID-19 situation has died down significantly :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter