Has Anyone Noticed the Ice Scream sign...

scottofsdea

Mouseketeer
We were on the Fantasy and noticed the Ice Scream sign said lots of toppings...until you ask the attendant and there are NO toppings...I could call conspiracy and say Disney did this to Platinum CC members!!! HA!:rotfl2:

Your the second person that I noticed mentioned this:confused3 Maybe they intend to add the fruit?? I hope so. I would be so easy to just supply the fruit from one of the restaurants wouldn't you think??

Exactly! Or Hot fudge and caramel. It can't be that hard! I also saw people going over to get the coke cups and then coming back to the ice cream to fill up there cup. Good idea!

Maybe a person could go into Cabana's, grab some fruit like melon etc, place it in a soda cup and then go to get your ice cream. I bet a lot of people would be asking how you did that :) Maybe we should start this trend huh?:thumbsup2

I had assumed we had missed the toppings when we went to get the ice cream...

Interesting, since the cabana had some decent toppings next to their hand scooped ice cream.

On the Hawaii cruise, they had a Q&A session with the Food Managers. The question about toppings missing from the ice cream station was asked. They have been discontinued for health/sanitary reasons.

I understand the health reasons for not having self serve toppings that are open and you have to use a spoon (like they do at places like 16 Handles). But you could very easily have a pump that dispenses hot fudge, carmel, or strawberry syrup next the machines like they do at places like Carvel. I'm sure they have very creative people at Disney that could figure something out ;)

I understand the health reasons for not having self serve toppings that are open and you have to use a spoon (like they do at places like 16 Handles). But you could very easily have a pump that dispenses hot fudge, carmel, or strawberry syrup next the machines like they do at places like Carvel. I'm sure they have very creative people at Disney that could figure something out ;)

I would also think that the same health reasons would exist at the buffet lines. Only difference I can think of is a CM handing 'wet ones'.

On the Hawaii cruise, they had a Q&A session with the Food Managers. The question about toppings missing from the ice cream station was asked. They have been discontinued for health/sanitary reasons.

I have to agree here! Our previous cruises on the Classic ships where they had the toppings, it was a mess. Everything was sticky and stuff was all over. Regardless of how much they cleaned the area, one kid can make a heck of a mess! What the new ships have that I have yet to see on the Classic ships is more flavors of ice cream. On the Dream they had banana and strawberry (the twist is amazing) in addition to vanilla and choc. The Magic as of April still only had vanilla and choc.

I would also think that the same health reasons would exist at the buffet lines. Only difference I can think of is a CM handing 'wet ones'.

The difference, is the ice cream station is a haven for kids. Yes, kids do go through the buffet which however, is manned by many, many CM's, but there are not countless CM's at the ice cream station and the kids are all over that ice cream station all day long.

What the new ships have that I have yet to see on the Classic ships is more flavors of ice cream. On the Dream they had banana and strawberry (the twist is amazing) in addition to vanilla and choc. The Magic as of April still only had vanilla and choc.

I was on the Magic in December and they always had 4 flavors to choose from. The standard vanilla and chocolate and then the other machine alternated with 2 others between blueberry, mango, strawberry, and banana. And there was also chocolate syrup.

The difference, is the ice cream station is a haven for kids. Yes, kids do go through the buffet which however, is manned by many, many CM's, but there are not countless CM's at the ice cream station and the kids are all over that ice cream station all day long.

Good point!!! I just assumed that parents would go with the kids (read 12 and under), as I would not let the kids in my party do that alone, KNOWING the mess they would make. That was my mistake.. I ASSUMED all parents would have the same sense God gave a billy goat! :rotfl:

Don't they still offer offer self-serve burger toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions)? If so, the "health/sanitary reasons" answer just does not fly.

Woody

So I could get a soda and then add vanilla ice cream to the top to make my own coke float???????

Don't they still offer offer self-serve burger toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions)? If so, the "health/sanitary reasons" answer just does not fly.

Woody
Yes, they do. However, again, the ice cream station is flooded with kids and caramel and hot fudge make a much bigger mess than lettuce and tomatoes. Really, I see more kids going for hot fudge and caramel that lettuce and tomatoes!:lmao:
So I could get a soda and then add vanilla ice cream to the top to make my own coke float???????

Yes, we did this. When we were on the Dream, they also only had cones, so we would use a paper drink cup for DS (4) who would have never been able to eat an ice cream cone in the Bahamas in August!

Definitely a favorite is to grab a cup, add some vanilla ice cream and then top off with coke!!!

They could add the sauces- chocolate and caramel to squeese bottles and then it wouldn't be so messy.

Sprinkles in a shaker would also be easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter