• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone noticed a least crowded day for HS?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I’m making park pass reservation.
I know a few have said HS seemed more crowded than the other parks.
What day do you think will have the least crowds?

We were there this past Sunday and Monday at opening. Sunday definitely felt more crowded. I suspect the locals are coming in to the parks more on weekends, so I'd avoid Saturday or Sunday.

I think the conventional wisdom is that since DHS 'sells out' everyday with the Park Pass Reservation system, that all days are pretty much the same.
Yes this is true.Has everyday been booked so far?

We were there this past Sunday and Monday at opening. Sunday definitely felt more crowded. I suspect the locals are coming in to the parks more on weekends, so I'd avoid Saturday or Sunday.
Ok thanks I was thinking week days would be better.

We had three days at HS—- are you planning on spending more than one day there? If so— we found it was great to get there in the morning around 9:30 —- we walked on MMRR , 2 of the mornings and slink 1 of the mornings and was off the rides before 10am to secure a boarding group for rise— then after we rode Rise —and park got busy we left and came back between 4-6 pm and everything was walk -on

ETA—we went during the week and a weekend and could not tell a difference — it was busy in the mornings and walk on late in the day

We had three days at HS—- are you planning on spending more than one day there? If so— we found it was great to get there in the morning around 9:30 —- we walked on MMRR , 2 of the mornings and slink 1 of the mornings and was off the rides before 10am to secure a boarding group for rise— then after we rode Rise —and park got busy we left and came back between 4-6 pm and everything was walk -on

ETA—we went during the week and a weekend and could not tell a difference — it was busy in the mornings and walk on late in the day
We have only 1 day planned. Thanks for posting. I do remember watching a YouTube video that did say later in the day was less crowded. Since you were there 3 days I think you would know. I guess I won’t worry about what day, but focus on the time of day.

Focus on weather reports too.
i notice reports of less crowded in evenings but seems to occur when rainstorms occur mid afternoon. Obviously a lot of people depart cause thunder & lightning. Then it is over leaving final 2 hours empty. The bus transportation and SkyLiner, monorails are so limited due to capacity... probably not worth effort to return.

We were there 3 days in the past week and a half and the third day (this past Tuesday) definitely felt more crowded even though it was not a “sell out” day like our previous HS day. Wait times for MMRR did not go down as much by 4 or 5 pm like they had on our previous 2 days. Still didn’t have any issues doing everything (except ToT which must have been having some issue because the wait was listed as 85 minutes at 5 pm that day).

We were there 3 days in the past week and a half and the third day (this past Tuesday) definitely felt more crowded even though it was not a “sell out” day like our previous HS day. Wait times for MMRR did not go down as much by 4 or 5 pm like they had on our previous 2 days. Still didn’t have any issues doing everything (except ToT which must have been having some issue because the wait was listed as 85 minutes at 5 pm that day).
Wow 85 minutes! Maybe they had a break down or something.

Doesn't the park open at 10am? Or are they letting people in earlier? Going this Sunday & trying to plan driving/arrival times.

We went on a Tuesday and a Saturday and the Saturday had a much longer line to drive into the parking lot when it opened at 9:15am, suggesting that there were more locals. I think the reservations have been selling out for APs and for some resort guest days, but still available for ticket holders.

Is selling out because capacity is so much lower or its relative popularity given the two new rides?

Doesn't the park open at 10am? Or are they letting people in earlier? Going this Sunday & trying to plan driving/arrival times.
We arrived every morning around 9:30 and everyone was already inside the park— we were able to walk on rides around 9:40am

Definitely get there before 10am if you want to get in a boarding group for ROTR. Most rides were not long waits though. Not sure there is a not busy day.

Even being in there at 10am we ended up in the 25th group when joining immediately.

We were there today and it is DEFINITELY the least crowded in the evening. So many rides were basically a walk on the last hour 7-8 pm. Smugglers Run was maybe 10 min wait as was SDD. We road SDD once and RnR 3 times in the last 35 min of the day!

Definitely get there before 10am if you want to get in a boarding group for ROTR. Most rides were not long waits though. Not sure there is a not busy day.

Even being in there at 10am we ended up in the 25th group when joining immediately.
. Today we were boarding group 16 and didn’t get on until almost 2 pm. When we initially got the boarding group our expected return time was around 11:30 am but the ride broke down a couple of times and the second time was right before our group was called and it was down for HOURS. It’s a great ride but be prepared for the unexpected. We had to delay our afternoon swim because we knew we needed to be in line within an hour of the ride opening back up and I imagine there were probably a lot of disappointed groups that got higher boarding groups and may not have even had the chance to ride at all. I really feel for those groups.

. Today we were boarding group 16 and didn’t get on until almost 2 pm. When we initially got the boarding group our expected return time was around 11:30 am but the ride broke down a couple of times and the second time was right before our group was called and it was down for HOURS. It’s a great ride but be prepared for the unexpected. We had to delay our afternoon swim because we knew we needed to be in line within an hour of the ride opening back up and I imagine there were probably a lot of disappointed groups that got higher boarding groups and may not have even had the chance to ride at all. I really feel for those groups.
Oh wow that’s not good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter