Has anyone heard from Shugardrawers???

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
I am wondering how she is doing... if some of you talk to her, please let her know that we are thinking of her and hoping that she is doing better..

I'm here. Join the long line of people who want to spank me for not keeping them updated. :flower3:

As you know the surgery went pretty well and the recovery was pretty easy. We waited a bit to start the new meds and when my dog had a crisis we pushed it back a bit more. Last Thurs I had my first dose. It did NOT go well. The extreme nausea and vomiting hit full force very quickly. Fortunately it was not accompanied by the extreme dizziness of the last med. But it seemed every drop of water was exiting my body and from *ahem* both directions. It got so bad that Friday I developed a horrible dehydration headache and went back to my Dr. Having been through this before we knew of no anti-emetics that were more than marginally succesful for me. She put me on an IV for fluids and I rested while she went to call my surgeon who is also in charge of this trial.

Seems while my reaction was pretty extreme, it's not the first time it's happened. He recommended a specific mixture of fluids and anti-emetics and other goodies to be given by IV. Someone mixed me a lovely little cocktail and while it wasn't quite a miracle, it brought things to a much more tolerable level. By Sunday the nausea was gone and by Tues evening the fatigue was pretty much down to it's usual level.

At first I said I did not want to continue this med. But my surgeon called me Sunday night and convinced me to try once more, this time mixing it with the IV cocktail. He says it will stop that reaction before it starts although I should expect some fatigue and some nausea for a few days but nothing a little herbal remedy won't take care of. So, one more try before I commit and that is scheduled for a week from today. If I feel like I can tolerate it, I will sign on for up to 18 months, every other week. Hopefully it doesn't take 18 months

It sounds like you have been through quite an ordeal. I think under the circumstances you had a reason not to update all of us.

I hope the treatment works better for you now. Sending hugs and prayers.

I am so glad you responded, no spanking from me.. ever, you have a lot on your plate. Hugs, do check in when you can and keep up the good work...

Shug...add me to the list of folks who have been wondering how you are doing. I'm always "afraid" to ask...I'm weird...I don't want to pry or appear nosey, but I also don't want anyone to think I don't care. Ack...it's a thin line and I often fall on the wrong side...but I shouldn't be talking about me here so I'll stop.

:hug: :hug: :hug: to you and I'm sending lots of PD and hopes and wishes for extra strength that you might need to get through this!!!

Even though we haven't met (yet!;) ) PLEASE don't hesitate to call if you need some help with ANYTHING! Really!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter