Has anyone heard about Steakhouse 55 reopening?

Makes me wonder how much of the SH55 interiors are still in place. Anyone know if they just locked the doors and left everything in situ or if they cleared everything out to prep for a new 'dining experience'?

If they do reopen it would be so nice to walk into familiar surroundings.
I agree! I would love to see the old Hollywood portraits on the walls. I loved the intimacy of the restaurant, too. So many restaurants these days are 'warehousey' and loud.

i loved this place. so happy! i wonder if it is a disney 100 nostalgia reopening.

Interesting thought. But I have a feeling if it does reopen, especially if it reopens without major redecorating or updating, that it's probably more likely that it was deemed more 'fiscally responsible' to reopen 'as is' with just some 'spiffing up' rather than splash money out on something completely new.

I never understood why anyone thought it needed a 'retheme' in the first place, other than the idea being some executive's boondoggle idea that it would rake in big cash.

Saw an article on another Disney Blog site that construction curtains are up in front of SH55. No info on what is happening, just a sign saying “Imagineering in Progress”.

Either bring it back as the original SH55 or Brown Derby.

I could go for Brown Derby. Rather have S55 but the BD wouldn't be bad for a second choice.

Does anyone know if the S55 sign has been there since closing or has it been put back up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter