Has anyone heard about Steakhouse 55 reopening?

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
A friend (whoever on this board) recently stayed at DLH. He posted about a lot of issues his family had on their trip and that he'd contacted customer service about it. He told me yesterday that the CM who called him about his feedback said that SH55 is coming back! Apparently they underestimated its popularity.

Now, we all know that you can't trust everything you hear, even from a higher level CM, so I was just wondering if anyone had additional info on this. Trying not to get my hopes up!

In the immorta words of Hawkeye/Ronin
"Don't...don't give me hope."

I know they always planned to revitalize the space before the new DVC tower opens as they need some kind of elevated table service on property. Just bring back my afternoon tea..I am begging you please Disney.

A friend (whoever on this board) recently stayed at DLH. He posted about a lot of issues his family had on their trip and that he'd contacted customer service about it. He told me yesterday that the CM who called him about his feedback said that SH55 is coming back! Apparently they underestimated its popularity.

Now, we all know that you can't trust everything you hear, even from a higher level CM, so I was just wondering if anyone had additional info on this. Trying not to get my hopes up!

From your (and Whoever's) keyboard to God's monitor!

In the immorta words of Hawkeye/Ronin
"Don't...don't give me hope."

I know they always planned to revitalize the space before the new DVC tower opens as they need some kind of elevated table service on property. Just bring back my afternoon tea..I am begging you please Disney.
I always wanted to try the afternoon tea, so I really hope they bring it back!

Furthermore, I don't get why they opened a sister restaurant at the Contemporary at WDW called Steakhouse 71 around the same time they shuttered Steakhouse 55. That made/makes no sense to me at all!
Yes, this felt like a bit of a slap in the face for the SH55 devotees...
All would be much normal in our world if we could take one more step back to the gentler times of the teens (2019 that is) and conclude each trip with breakfast at SH55...
Dinner was fine, but the breakfast was sublime...

Mike

Yes, this felt like a bit of a slap in the face for the SH55 devotees...
All would be much normal in our world if we could take one more step back to the gentler times of the teens (2019 that is) and conclude each trip with breakfast at SH55...
Dinner was fine, but the breakfast was sublime...

Mike
Totally agree. Breakfast was my favorite, and it was very reasonably priced compared to dinner (they probably won't bring back the reasonable price if they do reopen, lol). I also enjoyed the holiday afternoon tea during the holidays.

Afternoon Tea was my tradition. It was my "me time" must do every season and the servers came to know me personally and welcome me back. I've done the tea at the Gradn Floridian in Florida in 2018 and still say the DL one was superior.

Breakfast was the ultimate hidden gem though and was incredibly elevated for the price. I would go back JUST for that.

Will third or fourth that they need to bring back the afternoon tea we never got to try.

Also that chocolate layered cake needs to come back! So many good birthday memories with that layered cake ...

Will third or fourth that they need to bring back the afternoon tea we never got to try.

Also that chocolate layered cake needs to come back! So many good birthday memories with that layered cake ...
Ohhhhh yes!!!! The famous 24-layer cake. I LOVED it. They did away with it before the restaurant closed and I have a feeling they wouldn't bring it back, but we can hope!
sh55 24 layer cake.JPG

Makes me wonder how much of the SH55 interiors are still in place. Anyone know if they just locked the doors and left everything in situ or if they cleared everything out to prep for a new 'dining experience'?

If they do reopen it would be so nice to walk into familiar surroundings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter