Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Did a "dry run" this morning to see how things looked. Refreshed right on time... I could have gotten Trader Sam's and the other harder to get places, but never saw Blue Bayou. Does it often open at a different time other than 6 AM PDT?

Did a "dry run" this morning to see how things looked. Refreshed right on time... I could have gotten Trader Sam's and the other harder to get places, but never saw Blue Bayou. Does it often open at a different time other than 6 AM PDT?
From what I've read, yes, sometimes certain restaurants don't show up on the reservation list on a given day. You just have to keep trying in subsequent days.

One nice thing about Blue Bayou is that if you don't manage to get a reservation, you can walk up when the restaurant opens and ask to be put on a wait list. You may be given a time to return or they may ask you to wait. I'm not really sure since we got placed in the first seating group as walk-ups.

I've seen reservations pop you at odd hours. Midnight, 3am etc. I've even seen them pop up the night before the 60 day mark. If you really want a hard to get reservation you have to dedicate the time to constantly check and see. I've been pretty successful with this method but sometimes I just don't have the time to do this. If you can't get the reservation you want I suggest using an app to notify you when it becomes available but you need to be ready to jump and reserve before someone else does. Best of luck to you!

Kind of in the same boat. I didn't plan on going to Dapper Day this fall (Nov 12-13) and then my daughter asked the other day if we could go (heck yeah!). She was hoping for Blue Bayou but there was nothing available. So I used mouse dining (you set dining alerts for what you want and it notifies you if something comes up). I set one for Blue Bayou and got a res yesterday. You have to be quick, though! My trip is farther off than yours but I do recommend trying the dining alerts. People do cancel, especially as it gets closer to your dates, and getting an alert when someone does is awesome.

Tip: I use the free version. The biggest downside for me is that it only emails you. If you get a paid subscription, it will text you. I am much more likely to see it and grab the reservation with a text, but I'm also cheap. There is a way to game the system by converting your cell number into an email format that gets sent to your phone as a text. I know that sounds weird, but it works. Each cell carrier has a unique code that you can add to your cell number that will convert it from email into a text. For instance, I have Verizon, so mine is my 10-digit cell number@vtext.com

Here's a list of carriers and what you would add to your cell number to get it as a text: https://avtech.com/articles/138/list-of-email-to-sms-addresses/

You have to be ready to jump on it if you get a notification. I make sure I'm logged in to Disneyland.com and Mouse Dining so if an alert comes through I can go straight to the page

Edited to add that in case that wasn't clear, when you sign up with MD for the dining alerts, when it asks for your email you can use your cell number + the carrier's text code (like @vtext .com) to get the alerts as texts rather than emails.
This is a very smart strategy with the email text idea. I'm definitely going to check this out. Thanks for sharing!

I had relatively easy time booking our Minnie's breakfast for Nov. 28th. I booked it right when that specific moment showed up on the booking calendar (which was 6AM PT) last Thursday(?). I noticed at the time of my booking there were still lot of time slots available for that day....maybe because I'm booking for a weekday time slot?

I've seen reservations pop you at odd hours. Midnight, 3am etc. I've even seen them pop up the night before the 60 day mark. If you really want a hard to get reservation you have to dedicate the time to constantly check and see. I've been pretty successful with this method but sometimes I just don't have the time to do this. If you can't get the reservation you want I suggest using an app to notify you when it becomes available but you need to be ready to jump and reserve before someone else does. Best of luck to you!
So, the last two mornings, the 60-days-out day didn't become active to select when searching generically for reservations until the stroke of 6:00:00 AM PDT. So if they open up a specific restaurant before that, is there a different route to look for looking for a specific restaurant?

This morning was terrible for me. I was on right at 6 and saw no Cafe Orleans for dinner. I ended up going back in and they loaded but the times were all super late. I ended up booking for lunch instead but am a bit sad about it.

I also didn't see any Blue Bayou or Goofy's Kitchen. I haven't seen Blue Bayou the past few days but I thought Goofy's Kitchen waa there. Did anyone successfully book Goofy's Kitchen today? That one is for a birthday for the kids in our group so it is by far my most important one to book.

Another question, this one regarding Trader Sam's. Is there a limit on the party size? I know there are smaller numbers of larger party tables available, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a limit at Trader Sam's. The last two mornings, I've tried 5, with no availability right at 6 AM PDT, but there was for 4.

This morning was terrible for me. I was on right at 6 and saw no Cafe Orleans for dinner. I ended up going back in and they loaded but the times were all super late. I ended up booking for lunch instead but am a bit sad about it.

I also didn't see any Blue Bayou or Goofy's Kitchen. I haven't seen Blue Bayou the past few days but I thought Goofy's Kitchen waa there. Did anyone successfully book Goofy's Kitchen today? That one is for a birthday for the kids in our group so it is by far my most important one to book.
I went on this morning to scope things out because my reservation dates are coming up in a few days. I did see Blue Bayou right at 6 am but it was quickly gone. I never saw anything for Trader Sam's and I'm sorry but I don't remember if there was anything for Goofy's Kitchen.

I went on this morning to scope things out because my reservation dates are coming up in a few days. I did see Blue Bayou right at 6 am but it was quickly gone. I never saw anything for Trader Sam's and I'm sorry but I don't remember if there was anything for Goofy's Kitchen.
I am so nervous about Goofy's Kitchen. I don't remember seeing it yesterday or today. Normally GK doesn't go super quick for their earlier times so I'm wondering if it just didn't load.

Another question, this one regarding Trader Sam's. Is there a limit on the party size? I know there are smaller numbers of larger party tables available, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a limit at Trader Sam's. The last two mornings, I've tried 5, with no availability right at 6 AM PDT, but there was for 4.
I'm not sure, but I think there may be a limit of 4 per reservation. The tables are few and the place is quite small. I think the whole place holds 50 at once. Note that the reservations are for indoor only, so you can always try the outdoor area that has much more seating. It does not take reservations so you'd go as a walk up and I think you can request it from your phone if you're nearby. We've had good success with walk-ups for indoors, but our party is usually smaller.

Here's a thread with some info about getting a reservation for larger parties https://www.disboards.com/threads/trader-sam’s-party-of-7.3912288/

I am so nervous about Goofy's Kitchen. I don't remember seeing it yesterday or today. Normally GK doesn't go super quick for their earlier times so I'm wondering if it just didn't load.

I detest this dining reservations system!! There's no way to know if they simply didn't load it, if something is going on, or if you somehow missed it in the blink of an eye. But I would really recommend using a dining alert system since it's an important reservation for you. I've used mouse dining with good results (free version).

Kikismom, I just looked up Goofy's Kitchen on the website to try for a reservation on Dec 3 just to see and it isn't loading anything past Nov 30th. The calendar hasn't opened yet for Dec, apparently. That's a bummer in a way but at least you didn't miss it.

Edited to add: I went to the Goofy's Kitchen page (not dining reservations) and clicked the availability button. That takes you to the calendar and it won't go past Nov 30.

Kikismom, I just looked up Goofy's Kitchen on the website to try for a reservation on Dec 3 just to see and it isn't loading anything past Nov 30th. The calendar hasn't opened yet for Dec, apparently. That's a bummer in a way but at least you didn't miss it.

Edited to add: I went to the Goofy's Kitchen page (not dining reservations) and clicked the availability button. That takes you to the calendar and it won't go past Nov 30.
Thanks! I'll be checking it constantly until it pops up. I need two reservations for 5 each because of our large party. I hate it when they don't release on time.

Pretty sure it's 4.

So, the last two mornings, the 60-days-out day didn't become active to select when searching generically for reservations until the stroke of 6:00:00 AM PDT. So if they open up a specific restaurant before that, is there a different route to look for looking for a specific restaurant?

Go to the restaurant page and use the button there for making a reservation to see if the date is open for that restaurant.

I can't think of any table inside that seat 5... you may want to split the party and ask if you can pull another chair over. Technically they could seat you all at the bar I suppose, but that is probably hard for them to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't have the system set up for larger parties in there.

I can't think of any table inside that seat 5... you may want to split the party and ask if you can pull another chair over. Technically they could seat you all at the bar I suppose, but that is probably hard for them to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they just don't have the system set up for larger parties in there.
The space is so small that I don't see how anyone could pull a chair and not have that be a hazard.

Regards to Trader Sam’s. We stopped in twice this past week. I only recall seeing tables low & high tops with 2’s and 4’s. Then of course the bar spots the three sides. Larger parties I’d try to break it up and perhaps go at opening 11:30 walk up before seats start filling and load up at the bar! Good luck..online mornings to book go so fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter