Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

We dined at Carnation Cafe this for breakfast this morning. I had the pancakes and my SO had the breakfast sandwich. The pancakes were tough and dry. Disappointing. Service was not good either. Our server was bad. Did not have her act together. A first for CC but this was our first and last time there for breakfast.

Prior to heading over to CC we stopped at a very empty River Belle Terrace. We liked the breakfast menu more. We asked the person at the desk if reservations was required. He had the most non caring attitude as he was more interested in talking with another cast member than answering our questions. He stated that no reservations or scheduling walk ups on the app. It was all being handled manually at the desk. The place had four tables taken at 8:50 AM. I don’t think most even realized that it was open. Since we had a reservation at CC we would have had to walk over there to cancel and then walk back. Did not do that. Meanwhile, CC was packed with people waiting for walk up reservations. Total cluster once again by Disney.

River Belle does take reservations. They only opened for breakfast the first weekend in Sept. It is really good. When we were there, it was packed.
I've made reservations there for our November trip...looking forward to having them as a table service breakfast option again!

Has anyone seen any reservations for the Carthay Circle lounge in November? I have a reservation for the restaurant but I'd rather do the lounge. Just wondering what is up with the lounge.

Oh my gosh the River Belle breakfast menu looks great! I didn’t see it for today’s drop (may have already booked.). I will try again tomorrow!

Thought I'd ask here before I sign up for a dining alert. Did anyone get Plaza Inn for December 7th? It's my last day and I've been able to get all reservations before 6 so far. I tried today and Plaza Inn never came up, even now that it's after 6.

Has anyone seen any reservations for the Carthay Circle lounge in November? I have a reservation for the restaurant but I'd rather do the lounge. Just wondering what is up with the lounge.
Is that the same as the Alfresco Terrace? I saw it yesterday morning.

Have they announced anything for Thanksgiving yet? I started checking 60 days out and nothing really.
Not sure if you are interested in leaving property but we have Tangerine Room booked at the Westin for Thanksgiving Dinner - we ate there last year and it was the most amazing buffet. We previously had had Thanksgiving dinner at both Paradise Pier and Storytellers at GCH and both were extremely meh.

Oh my gosh the River Belle breakfast menu looks great! I didn’t see it for today’s drop (may have already booked.). I will try again tomorrow!
The menu looks great! I didn’t see this as an option when we were doing our reservations for our early November trip. Now there are no reservations available…I have an alert set so fingers crossed!

Not sure if you are interested in leaving property but we have Tangerine Room booked at the Westin for Thanksgiving Dinner - we ate there last year and it was the most amazing buffet. We previously had had Thanksgiving dinner at both Paradise Pier and Storytellers at GCH and both were extremely meh.

Sure! We’re locals and I just don’t want to cook!!! Thanks for the suggestion. I’m going to check it out now.

We did Christmas Day at Storytellers in 2019 and it was meh at best!

In DCA are there any hard to get reservations that are worth it?
I know LL is one but this trip will have kids and like Oga, I am lukewarm on it for kids. I plan to book LL and decide later based on current reviews.
But is there anything else I should be looking to grab in DCA?

Last edited:
This was difficult, but not impossible, for our party of 9 last October. Here is what I did, it worked every time.

I logged in ony husbands account and my account each morning and booked a table for 4 on each account within 15-30 minutes on the reservation time. The day of our reservation at the park I went to the restaurant and let them know we had a party of 9 and two reservations. We had no issues at any restaurant. I was online at 6 each morning to get this done. Back last year I never found a table over 4 people even right at 6. There was a thread about it sometime last August (2021).

I feel like if this worked for our party of 9 it will work for your party of 7. Good luck!!
Thank you for this tip. We have a party of 9 going in mid-December and all my test runs for reservations have only brought up Goofy's kitchen. I was wondering if we could merge smaller reservations. This gives me hope :)

I didn't see Plaza Inn again today. Was up at both 3 am and 6 am to check. I noticed that the princess breakfast didn't seem to drop the last two days as well. I panicked and booked an early Storytellers on our last day and then a late Goofy's Kitchen. We are already doing Storytellers for breakfast earlier in the trip and have Goofy's Kitchen for dinner our arrival day. I really wanted Minnie's Breakfast though. I wonder what is going on.

I haven't seen Plaza Inn, but I've not been looking for it so may not have noticed it if it was there. I have seen the Princess Breakfast every day for the last 3 days, though. But the dining drops have been all over the place. Saw them at 4:30 this morning, 5 yesterday, and 6 the day before. Haven't seen them at midnight-3 but I'm not exactly what time they've been dropping after that. I don't feel like staying up all night to check for dining!

Good luck!

I haven't seen Plaza Inn, but I've not been looking for it so may not have noticed it if it was there. I have seen the Princess Breakfast every day for the last 3 days, though. But the dining drops have been all over the place. Saw them at 4:30 this morning, 5 yesterday, and 6 the day before. Haven't seen them at midnight-3 but I'm not exactly what time they've been dropping after that. I don't feel like staying up all night to check for dining!

Good luck!
I'm trying to get some times this week in case we have to move our trip. I went on at 6 today and the only things left for dinner was Craftsman and Magic Key Terrace. I checked individual times along with the dinner box.

I still haven't seen Plaza Inn since last week. I'm past times do they just drop them randomly or will it be they load all of the dates for Plaza one morning? I'm sure it's a crapshoot but maybe somebody knows something.

I didn't see Plaza Inn again today. Was up at both 3 am and 6 am to check. I noticed that the princess breakfast didn't seem to drop the last two days as well. I panicked and booked an early Storytellers on our last day and then a late Goofy's Kitchen. We are already doing Storytellers for breakfast earlier in the trip and have Goofy's Kitchen for dinner our arrival day. I really wanted Minnie's Breakfast though. I wonder what is going on.

Princess Breakfast at Grand Californian is Thursday thru Sunday only....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter