Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

My theory was correct again this morning. I was able to book on the website before 6am. I'm not sure exactly what time they opened on the website but my guess is 3am. However nothing opened on the app until 6am and dinning alerts didn't come through until 6am.
Same here.

My trip dates are Sat Oct 15th thru Tuesday Oct 18th. So far I have been able to book really good times for Trader Sam's, Lamplight lounge, WOC Dessert Party, Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou (standard), and Hungry Bear Fantasmic (easiest) as a backup incase Blue Bayou Fantasmic never drops.

Anyways, just a tip for others- all the reservations I got so far were dropped sometime between 5:50AM-5:55AM PST on the website.

Also, my alerts for these reservations didn't come on my phone until 6AM on the dot. So if anyone is contemplating a paid alert service, they are really only worth it after the 60 days for when people drop their existing reservations.

Last edited:
My theory was correct again this morning. I was able to book on the website before 6am. I'm not sure exactly what time they opened on the website but my guess is 3am. However nothing opened on the app until 6am and dinning alerts didn't come through until 6am.
I was on there as well today right at 3AM PST and nothing came up until 6am…

Currently frustrated with the fact that when I make dining reservations my info populates with my old phone number, yet the only phone number saved under my profile is my current one. Slows down my reservation process and every millisecond counts!!

I wasn't planning on booking anything this morning but when I was in bed last night I couldn't actually sleep.

So on the off change I looked at my app to see if i could get a Trader Sams dinner reservation and low and behold I was able to get Monday October 17th at 6.05pm.

The PST I have no idea what it was but it wasn't even 11pm here in New Zealand.

My friend got us the Princess Breakfast and Lamplighters these past 2 days. We live in California, and she sets her alarm for around 5:45 am to start booking.

Two questions...how do we know if Fantasmic is even showing on the night we make a reservation? I'm booking for Oct 18-20 and don't see any schedules up yet.

Also, where on the app do you make dining reservations...I cannot find it anywhere on my phone, only my laptop.

Two questions...how do we know if Fantasmic is even showing on the night we make a reservation? I'm booking for Oct 18-20 and don't see any schedules up yet.

Also, where on the app do you make dining reservations...I cannot find it anywhere on my phone, only my laptop.
So I mean technically the show calendar isn't out for October.. but the dinning reservations give us a clue as well as the September calendar.

Right now the pattern for September and the pattern hungry bear package is following is that Fantasmic will be shown Friday-Sunday:

Thank you for the help. So if we are only there on a Wednesday and Thursday night, what evening entertainment options are there in October if we aren't doing the Halloween party?

Thank you for the help. So if we are only there on a Wednesday and Thursday night, what evening entertainment options are there in October if we aren't doing the Halloween party?
World of color *should show nightly on nights without Halloween parties. though they haven't released the dessert party of October 10 and 12th. Halloween screen projection without fireworks will be on week nights in Disneyland.

I am going on Weekends only to be on the safe side.

Day 8 (final day!): it's 3:40 am pst and I was able to book our storytellers brunch on the website. I can see openings for trader sams and all other places. Only on the website.

So that's three days in a row (I didn't check before) that I have been able to book before 6am by using the website.

All my reservations are made! Still hoping for that blue bayou fantasmic but I have both Riverbelle lunch and hungry bear on-the-go booked and will decide which one to keep if I can't get blue bayou.

Over the 8 days I didn't really encounter any glitches. The first 5 days i used the app right at 6am and never had an issue getting what I wanted included oga's and trader Sams though for those two I had less time choices at 6am..

Then after reading here I decided to try the website earlier in the morning that last 3 days and I have been able to book before 6am..

With about three weeks or so until our trip, I'm tempted to dump all the dining reservations I got and stick with quick service. We couldn't get some of our top choices at all, and the ones we did, were only at times that, after talking it through, won't work (BB dinner at 8:50? our kid will be a mess).

The whole dining was frustrating .... got online at 6am PST....just about everything taken.

Anyone have experience with trying walk-ups at the big ones, like Trader Sam's, BB, Oga? That might be it for us...

With about three weeks or so until our trip, I'm tempted to dump all the dining reservations I got and stick with quick service. We couldn't get some of our top choices at all, and the ones we did, were only at times that, after talking it through, won't work (BB dinner at 8:50? our kid will be a mess).

The whole dining was frustrating .... got online at 6am PST....just about everything taken.

Anyone have experience with trying walk-ups at the big ones, like Trader Sam's, BB, Oga? That might be it for us...
Set dining alerts and be ready during the last week and specially one or 2 days before. A bunch of dining gets released as ppl cancel reservations and their plans solidify. I cancelled like 10 reservations the week of our trip.

Are people getting into the system a back way? I have tried for the past month and have not been able to get into the reservations until right at 6am PST. It wouldn't make sense that some people consistently get put into the same lucky server for a week plus while others do not. Most things are still available at 6am, so it does make me wonder if there are many that are able to get in the "back way" to book before everyone else.

Are people getting into the system a back way? I have tried for the past month and have not been able to get into the reservations until right at 6am PST. It wouldn't make sense that some people consistently get put into the same lucky server for a week plus while others do not. Most things are still available at 6am, so it does make me wonder if there are many that are able to get in the "back way" to book before everyone else.
I have no idea how it's working for me. I'm simply using safari on my phone.

Just keep an eye out and check as you get closer. We’re going tomorrow through Monday and I had forgot to check for dining reservations. I did book places just in case but over the last two days I was able to get Carnation Cafe for lunch tomorrow, LL for brunch on Sunday, Carthay Circle lounge for cocktails and Wine Country Trattoria for dinner. All almost over the last few days. People are canceling at the last minute.

I'll be dropping an 8pm Napa Rose for Fri August 26 tonight or tomorrow if anyone wants to coordinate.

What's the verdict today? I'm on my PC in incognito mode, but nothing has dropped yet (5:55am). I wish we could figure out how some people are getting early access!!!

This is probably a pretty dumb question, but for the dining packages do you need to go and check for availability on the website on the individual options or does it show when you just check the available dining on the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter