Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Decided to check out Trader Sam’s since we’ve never been and today was the 60 day mark. Started refreshing right at 6:00 AM PST and was able to get a reservation at 2:50 PM on our arrival day. At 6:02 AM I went back and checked and the only time left available was 10:50 PM. I was subscribed to an alert service for email alerts and did receive emails showing that reservations for the full day were released.

I really didn’t think Trader Sams reservations existed as I’ve NEVER seen one or the icon LOL I woke up at 3 PST (heavily regretting that now but someone mentioned they got one at that time) then again at 6am PST and snagged a dinner reservation. I refreshed again right after and nothing was there. So Trader Sams indeed goes at lightening speed. Thanks for the tips!

Managed to get Oga's at 2:45 on October 3rd. Everything gone by 0601 (Pacific time). Now hoping my luck holds out for Trader Sam's tomorrow!

Any ideas what's going on with Tortilla Jo's at the moment? Can't seem to get any reservations at all for last week September.

Any ideas what's going on with Tortilla Jo's at the moment? Can't seem to get any reservations at all for last week September.
Nothing for TJs is open past August 31st. I've seen this before and they eventually loaded the dates and times in the system. This happened for our April trip and eventually opened, but I dont recall it being this far into the 60-day window for things to release. This is a non-Disney owned restaurant and I bet they are waiting on staffing schedules or other external reasons to post the times for September and now October.

Don't panic, unless you are going on a super busy day you can generally get walk up with a short wait. I say this more to comfort myself as I'm an obsessive planner and this is our last piece of the Labor Day weekend puzzle....I have a back up at Carthay Circle Lounge al fresco in case TJs decides not to be available for Labor Day weekend...it would be odd but anything is possible.
Mike

The only reservation I really wanted was Trader Sam's. Got up early every morning at the 60 day mark. Nothing. All spots all times taken before I could even try. I guess we'll try the walk up list...

Nothing for TJs is open past August 31st. I've seen this before and they eventually loaded the dates and times in the system. This happened for our April trip and eventually opened, but I dont recall it being this far into the 60-day window for things to release. This is a non-Disney owned restaurant and I bet they are waiting on staffing schedules or other external reasons to post the times for September and now October.

Don't panic, unless you are going on a super busy day you can generally get walk up with a short wait. I say this more to comfort myself as I'm an obsessive planner and this is our last piece of the Labor Day weekend puzzle....I have a back up at Carthay Circle Lounge al fresco in case TJs decides not to be available for Labor Day weekend...it would be odd but anything is possible.
Mike
I agree with this regarding Tortilla Jos. We had about a 30 minute wait for a group of nine this past October over Columbus Day weekend. The parks were insanely packed and we decided to go here pretty last minute.

1 week until I can start making reservations and man.. it’s really giving my anxiety! We have so many to make…I really want a blue bayou fantastic but it seems to not be loading for October yet…

What time are folks seeing things drop?

Finally got a dining alert for Trader Sam's, and successfully booked it! But....it's for 7:45pm and I just checked on the kid policy, and kids have to be out by 8pm! Do I just need to cancel the reservation and hope for an earlier time?

1 week until I can start making reservations and man.. it’s really giving my anxiety! We have so many to make…I really want a blue bayou fantastic but it seems to not be loading for October yet…

Both days I made reservations last week, they opened 6am PST on the dot! I managed to snag an Oga's, but they went fast. Gone within a minute. Anxiety is right 😬

Dining reservations were open today @0430 PST when I checked on app.
Ugh! I had to do six straight days of waking up at 3 am (I'm Pacific time) to wake up for our DW trip. I was kind of looking forward to waking up later for DL.

I've been checking my restaurant though and even the next day they've been having some reservations open still. For dinner we're doing Goofy's Kitchen, Naples, and Wine Country. Breakfast is Storytellers and La Brea. The rest is all quick service.

I was pretty worried about booking WOC dessert but my daughter said she doesn't want to go because the desserts don't look good to her. She's 9 and picky...

Finally got a dining alert for Trader Sam's, and successfully booked it! But....it's for 7:45pm and I just checked on the kid policy, and kids have to be out by 8pm! Do I just need to cancel the reservation and hope for an earlier time?
If you're just in it for the food and drinks, your party can be seated outside on the patio and you won't have to worry about the time limit. If you're in it for the indoor effects, then you might want keep an eye out for an earlier reservation.

Ugh! I had to do six straight days of waking up at 3 am (I'm Pacific time) to wake up for our DW trip. I was kind of looking forward to waking up later for DL.

I've been checking my restaurant though and even the next day they've been having some reservations open still. For dinner we're doing Goofy's Kitchen, Naples, and Wine Country. Breakfast is Storytellers and La Brea. The rest is all quick service.

I was pretty worried about booking WOC dessert but my daughter said she doesn't want to go because the desserts don't look good to her. She's 9 and picky...
Best thing about the Dessert party is relaxing, sitting and enjoying that moment without worrying where you will stand. The desserts are secondary, get her a cookie or cupcake and do the dessert party. It has been the best part of a Disney day for every family member we have taken.

Best thing about the Dessert party is relaxing, sitting and enjoying that moment without worrying where you will stand. The desserts are secondary, get her a cookie or cupcake and do the dessert party. It has been the best part of a Disney day for every family member we have taken.
Well that makes sense. I never watch WOC because I am short and it never fails someone stands in front of me right when the show starts. I'll think about it.

6am PST exactly. I've been anxious about it too but have been able to snag everything I want. Lamplight, Oga's, multiple Trader Sam's, Blue Bayou. The app has been excellent.

Yep. Was up any way for work so got plaza breakfast (right at 6 am est on Thursday) and lamplight brunch(booked around 645 am est last Wednesday) and storytellers brunch around 6 am est on Friday. I went to the main website for each restaurant and it was open for our dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter