Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Hardest: RBT Premium Fantasmic package - very limited seats, goes quickly.
Minnie & Friends seems to be next - which is a change from just a month ago when it was easier to get than WoC Dessert party. Ogas is also hard, especially if you have a large group - I found it harder than Minnie's, but that was in April for a June trip. Trader Sam's we did walkup, but it seems hard to get for larger parties as well.
LL brunch - goes quickly! Faster than their lunch/dinner options, but those go pretty fast too. BB seems to be slightly easier to get, but I think that could change as more and more people realize it is open and also if bread service comes back any time soon.

Totally agree the out-of-park character meals are easiest to get, but they do run out of availability. I'd still try to book them at 60 days out, but if I was going for two reservations that day, I would do the other one first. It is probably unlikely to get a Minnie breakfast AND an Oga's on the same day imo for instance.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. For the last several days I have started checking 20 minutes before 6:00. Each time I get the message at the bottom of my phone that they are having trouble loading the page and to try back later. Reservations do come up right at the 6:00 AM mark but there is never anything left for Plaza Inn character breakfast at that time. Not sure what I am doing wrong or if I should be checking for character breakfasts somewhere else in the app? Any hints or tricks on how you get the resies that drop early?
I have noticed from my last 2 days of making reservations that the hotel restaurants seem to open first, generally right at 6 am. Then a few minutes later (I've only watched two days, so idk how robust my sample is lol) the rest of the locations open up. It was super frustrating but if it isn't there right at 6 am, give it 5-10 minutes and keep refreshing. That is what worked for me anyway. Good luck!

LOTS of fantasmic BB package reservations for Expo Friday; none I could find for the day before. Weird.

EDIT: Also weird? The lunch I booked at Blue Bayou says Show #2, and the dinner (at 7:50) says show #1 -- seems like it should be the opposite? I'd hate to rush through dinner to be in the back of the BB pen

ARGH, final edit: I ended up switching it out for an 8:20 PM 2nd show, and now there's a message that says I can't cancel the first dinner since it's "outside the cancellation window." Seems like an error, just hope I don't get dinged for it. If it's still showing in a few weeks I'll call.

Last edited:

Stupid question, I searched this but I see conflicting answers. What time does the Disneyland dining open? 6:00 am Eastern time or 6:00 am Pacific time? I was online this morning at 6:00 Eastern time and I kept getting the message that there was an error. I got on again around 9:15 am Eastern time and I was able to book the World of Color Dessert Party for my first evening. I want to try to get the River Belle premium Fantastic package one night and then dinner at the Carthay Circle lounge I know both of those are hard to get, so I want to be sure I am online at the correct time.

Stupid question, I searched this but I see conflicting answers. What time does the Disneyland dining open? 6:00 am Eastern time or 6:00 am Pacific time? I was online this morning at 6:00 Eastern time and I kept getting the message that there was an error. I got on again around 9:15 am Eastern time and I was able to book the World of Color Dessert Party for my first evening. I want to try to get the River Belle premium Fantastic package one night and then dinner at the Carthay Circle lounge I know both of those are hard to get, so I want to be sure I am online at the correct time.
It's pacific time.

Woo hoo! Just got Trader Sam's for dinner during D23 - excited to experience it for the first time! I'll be at my laptop again in 48 hours to try for reservations on my DL day.

The reservation opening time is 6:00 am Pacific time.

Unable to book the Plaza Inn MSEP dining package this morning for 9/10. Looks like there are still no dates loaded beyond Labor Day.

Really hope we get to see the Electrical Parade!

I'll post this on the Fantasmic page too but,

If you go to Fantasmic dinning packages page the drop down has blue bayou and times are showing up there. There is still a lot of confusion on how to book the blue bayou on..
It’s still ask once you get there though, right? The BB link just goes to regular dining.

It’s still ask once you get there though, right? The BB link just goes to regular dining.
It says that on the site (that you can ask), but under the Fantasmic package link (where you can pick RBT or BB), you do get a confirmation for a specific Fantasmic package reservation at BB. Here's what mine looks like:

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 3.52.45 PM.png

Hoping for some clarification. When my sixty days out becomes available to book dining, do I go directly to the Fantasmic Dining package to book blue bayou +fantasmic reservation or do I go directly to blue bayou to book lunch and hope requesting a fantasmic upgrade with our server works? The website is super confusing

Hoping for some clarification. When my sixty days out becomes available to book dining, do I go directly to the Fantasmic Dining package to book blue bayou +fantasmic reservation or do I go directly to blue bayou to book lunch and hope requesting a fantasmic upgrade with our server works? The website is super confusing
You can do the former (book directly from the Fantasmic package page). That said, package availability seems pretty sporadic, IMO -- there was absolutely nothing package-wise for a Thursday 60 days out, but Friday was (and I think still is) wide open. I don't think it's a bad idea to book a regular BB as a backup for now. It seems folks are having success that way, too?

I'm also an east coaster who only visits every couple of years, so my attempt to snag a package may be a little overzealous 🙃

You can do the former (book directly from the Fantasmic package page). That said, package availability seems pretty sporadic, IMO -- there was absolutely nothing package-wise for a Thursday 60 days out, but Friday was (and I think still is) wide open. I don't think it's a bad idea to book a regular BB as a backup for now. It seems folks are having success that way, too?

I'm also an east coaster who only visits every couple of years, so my attempt to snag a package may be a little overzealous 🙃

There may not be availability for a package on a weekday in the fall (what you’re seeing with Thursday versus Friday) because Fantasmic may be running weekends only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter