• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

So sad! Last night I found both a Blue Bayou and a Trader Sam’s reservation during our 4 day trip. Different days, single times. Neither would book - just got the spinning wheel of death and then the “this page needs to reload” message. (On the app) I was so excited thinking I could surprise my boys with each of their top requests. Alas…they were gone this AM of course. The search continues.

I don't want to get your hopes up but have you checked your account to see if the reservations actually went through? I had issues trying to get my Lamplight brunch reservation where it said there was a server issue after a minute or two of spinning, but then later I looked and it had actually gone through and was in my account. Worth a shot to check. If that wasn't the case with you, good luck and I hope something else pops up!

Blue Bayou has hours after November 10th. Anyone get any alerts or snag anything yet?
Nothing yet. I didn't get any alerts either which makes me wonder if they haven't fully added the reservation slots into the calendar yet. We snagged Carnation for the 10th a while back but still hoping for BB like everyone else lol.

I was on the site at 6:59 ready to book our dining for Cafe Orleans ...nothing was available ..that fast? What is going on? I tried to call the dining reservation line as well, they aren’t even taking reservations that way. .?.

I was on the site at 6:59 ready to book our dining for Cafe Orleans ...nothing was available ..that fast? What is going on? I tried to call the dining reservation line as well, they aren’t even taking reservations that way. .?.

For what days? Cafe Orleans has not opened up reservations yet for my weekend (November 13th).

How do you know if they haven't opened up vs just not showing up

Up until last night most of the restaurants would show "No Schedule Available" or something like that starting on 11/11. Now they show the times the restaurant will be open but no available slots to book a reservation. That tells me they are in the process of opening them up since they show the hours of operation but no reservations, other than the spots in Downtown Disney that is.

EDIT-This was on the individual restaurants page, not on the main one that lists all of the places with openings

How do you know if they haven't opened up vs just not showing up

You don't really. They have been releasing things so randomly that you just have to keep looking. I started looking for the ones I wanted at exactly 60 days and didn't get any until 50, 42, and 30. So weird and a bit frustrating but I just kept checking.

I also use Mouse Dining and I know reservations opened for a particular restaurant when suddenly I get a dump of emails (I will set an alert for lunch and dinner for a particular day).

Up until last night most of the restaurants would show "No Schedule Available" or something like that starting on 11/11. Now they show the times the restaurant will be open but no available slots to book a reservation. That tells me they are in the process of opening them up since they show the hours of operation but no reservations, other than the spots in Downtown Disney that is.

EDIT-This was on the individual restaurants page, not on the main one that lists all of the places with openings
oooo sharp eye! Never noticed that detail. Good to know!

I also follow this thread/board and have an alert set. People are really good at reporting availability. Most checking daily. Many having alerts. There seems to be some Disneyland delay for the weekend of Nov 11-14. (Holiday opening/Veterans Day weekend). But just this past weekend they JUST opened some DCA and DTD. Many are gone: Lamplight, Carthay restaurant, Magic Terrace, Napa Rose.

oooo sharp eye! Never noticed that detail. Good to know!

I also follow this thread/board and have an alert set. People are really good at reporting availability. Most checking daily. Many having alerts. There seems to be some Disneyland delay for the weekend of Nov 11-14. (Holiday opening/Veterans Day weekend). But just this past weekend they JUST opened some DCA and DTD. Many are gone: Lamplight, Carthay restaurant, Magic Terrace, Napa Rose.

I noticed that too. The DTD and Napa Rose reservations popped in the other night, but I still haven't seen anything for the main park on those days. Up until this morning it didn't even have the schedule on there for the main park dining so hopefully they start to put in actual times. 11/10-11/13 are our park days for this trip so I am hoping some open soon. BB is one I have always wanted to get and maybe Oga's but other than that I'm not looking for any others. My daughter is 17 and her boyfriend is 16. When we my daughter and I went to DL a couple years ago and both time to WDW we ended up doing more quick service when we got hungry with a couple of special meals sprinkled in.

I forgot I have a Carnation Cafe ADR too for Sun Oct 3 for 4 people at 1240p too. I might give up the other one for the same on Monday too, but haven't decided on that one yet. PM if interested.

The type A planner in me is going to be a bit crazy during this process. 😆

Do they usually announce Thanksgiving offerings by now? Be nice to know which restaurants will do any special menus...
I completely agree with you there! I am going November 8-15 and DL reservations are like 10 days late and haven't opened up for the weekend and I am going crazy lol. I get up super early every day to check lol.

An observation … has anyone else noticed this? I’ve been checking all day for cancellations and picked up a few things that were maybes. Did a last check around 8:30 and there was NOTHING and I mean nothing left at all. Which is strange because there were quite a few reservations available throughout the day.

Then I ended up releasing two reservations around 9pm because the times were just not good for us and I checked and they never went back in the pool.

Does anyone think that they just cut them off after a certain time the night before? And maybe take those cancellations and use them for walk ups?
I'm behind so replying to an old post here but I noticed the same thing on our trip in July. I looked right after I cancelled a couple of reservations the night before and they did not show up as available. I also wondered if after a certain point they re-allocate to walk ups.

I just noticed this morning that Savi's has timeslots now, at least through the 13th of November. I was able to snag some for 11/10.

EDIT: I only looked through the 13th because we fly home in the 14th.

Savis is showing up as bookable for my dates (Nov 8-14) but when I try to book I just get error messages telling me to call.

Savis is showing up as bookable for my dates (Nov 8-14) but when I try to book I just get error messages telling me to call.

We are going to be there almost the same time (9th-14th). I was able to get reservations to go through yesterday for the 10th. It may just be an issue with the website so I would keep trying. They have been having issues all day today for some reason and only recently have I noticed that the homepage is fully loading.

Has anyone had luck using the reservation system for a large family of 11?

Nope. We have 9 in our party. I never found a reservation for more than 4 even in days they opened up and I was up at 3am. I had to make multiple smaller reservations and am hoping they can seat us together. A bit of advice. I used to be able to use my log in to make multiple reservations for the same time. Now I had to get a profile for my husband and he has half the reservations and I have the other half. It would not let me make reservations on my profile for multiple reservations, similar time, same restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter