Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

I just got back from 3 days at DL/CA and wanted to share with everyone that we only did 1 sit down (Lamplight Lounge) and did counter service for all the other meals. We are ALWAYS at least a 1 table service, sit down for dinner whenever we go to DL or WDW. I just wanted to share that it was really nice to just wing it. We had great meals, always found a nice spot to sit and eat, and had the flexibility to just eat whenever we wanted and whatever we wanted. It actually has made me think twice about how I plan for WDW in November. So if you dont get the "perfect" ADR, just know there's lots and lots of great snacks and counter service spots to eat at, and at a portion of the price!

I just got my alerts this evening (8pm EST) for BB for October 15/16/17th. I lost out on every single day and time because I kept getting an error on the Disneyland app that said "Something's not right a service error has prevented us from booking your reservation". When I logged in online to try and snag one it told me my card was declined!!! I called the bank and there was nothing wrong with my card. Anyone have this problem?? I'm so upset!!! I tried every time available for those days several times to no avail!

Oh no! That's strange about the card because they don't put any hold on funds.

Man… because of horrible Disney release schedules I was introduced to 3rd party services that will alert me to it… this year I have more Blue Bayou than I know what to do with! Disney really really should just get their act together instead of pushing customers away to having to use 3rd party services.

Can’t complain too much though when it works so well, but at the same time feels a little sleazy…

Just need the cantina now…

I was super lucky that I received the notification on my school email 20 minutes before my night class. We were able to get 11am for BB, which is our favorite time. I was so worried about getting it and kept on waking up at 4am for 2 weeks straight to try and snag one (not so bad normally, but when you stay up until midnight working on projects it's not so fun!).

Now, I'll just be on the lookout for our November trip for a party of 8. That one is going to be a little bit more difficult.

Oh no! That's strange about the card because they don't put any hold on funds.
Right!! The bank said the same thing! It doesn't make sense because I didn't have any issues with all the breakfast and dinner reservations I made. I tried calling to find out what the problem is and was on hold waiting for a cast member for 30 minutes. I'm worried because I still need Oga's and I don't want the same thing to happen again! I'm really bummed....

Right!! The bank said the same thing! It doesn't make sense because I didn't have any issues with all the breakfast and dinner reservations I made. I tried calling to find out what the problem is and was on hold waiting for a cast member for 30 minutes. I'm worried because I still need Oga's and I don't want the same thing to happen again! I'm really bummed....

I'm sorry! :( Definitely keep checking on BB because I'm sure something will open up for your dates. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I have a question on how to use ************. I'm looking for a Magic Key Terrace reservation for anytime over a couple of days next month. It wants me to pay $8 for the service for that one reservation. How does it work? I assume I'll get an email or text saying there is an opening, but then do I need to stop whatever I am doing to log in and try to get the reservation? Chances are high that I won't be able to do that right away. Will it keep letting me know if I miss several of them?

I have a question on how to use ************. I'm looking for a Magic Key Terrace reservation for anytime over a couple of days next month. It wants me to pay $8 for the service for that one reservation. How does it work? I assume I'll get an email or text saying there is an opening, but then do I need to stop whatever I am doing to log in and try to get the reservation? Chances are high that I won't be able to do that right away. Will it keep letting me know if I miss several of them?
Yes, you will get the alert and need to login right then to book it (they provide a link to it) but if you miss that one, or don’t like the time, it will keep notifying you of all available options until you inactivate the alert.

It works slick but you do need to act right away. The link in the text opens up the reservation system with the date, time, and correct number of individuals in your party. If you have a card saved it's 5 clicks (the link, confirm the reservation info, confirm the payment method,, acknowledge the cancelation time/penalties, and reserve) and you have a reservation.

I just got back from 3 days at DL/CA and wanted to share with everyone that we only did 1 sit down (Lamplight Lounge) and did counter service for all the other meals. We are ALWAYS at least a 1 table service, sit down for dinner whenever we go to DL or WDW. I just wanted to share that it was really nice to just wing it. We had great meals, always found a nice spot to sit and eat, and had the flexibility to just eat whenever we wanted and whatever we wanted. It actually has made me think twice about how I plan for WDW in November. So if you dont get the "perfect" ADR, just know there's lots and lots of great snacks and counter service spots to eat at, and at a portion of the price!

Thanks for the update! I was thinking it would be as hard to find food as it was back when the parks first opened this spring. We normally just go with the flow but I thought I HAD to have reservations if we want to eat in November. Glad it seems to be back to normal now.

I just got my alerts this evening (8pm EST) for BB for October 15/16/17th. I lost out on every single day and time because I kept getting an error on the Disneyland app that said "Something's not right a service error has prevented us from booking your reservation". When I logged in online to try and snag one it told me my card was declined!!! I called the bank and there was nothing wrong with my card. Anyone have this problem?? I'm so upset!!! I tried every time available for those days several times to no avail!
I had issues yesterday too. I was trying to snag a Cafe Orleans that I had been looking for multiple times a day for a couple weeks - I clicked in through an alert and it took me to reservation and then through the process but when I hit the last button it gave me a something irregular has happened with your account message and made me reset my password. By the time I went to my e-mail to get that done the reservation that I was booking was gone-- I looked in my reservations to see if maybe it had actually gone through the first time, but it wasn't there. I was so mad. Luckily, I checked a couple more times and I was able to snag another Cafe Orleans just 10 or 15 minutes different than the one I had tried to book. Keep trying- people drop things and move things around. I was switching from a Cafe Orleans reservation for a different time which had a larger party as we had some people cancel their trip- so someone grabbed the one I cancelled immediately I'm sure.

Cathay circle just dropped for at least the week of 10/17-10/21. I was able to book. Just waiting on Oga’s now.

I don't use the links, I just get straight on the Disneyland app when I see the alert pop up and book the reservation that way. Got Blue Bayou yesterday using Mouse dining alert

That said, I will have a BB to drop as soon as my brother decides he feels like texting me back 🙄 Also, apparently half the people I'm traveling with, including him, are a bit on the flaky side so making reservations has been all over the place. How easy is it to add one person when you show up, possible or not at all? Two people? And does it matter if you have one less than the reservation? Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone dropping any lamplight lounge reservations this coming Saturday for 4? Trying to snag one for DH birthday. It was a last minute decision to go. Lol 🤪

Thanks for the update! I was thinking it would be as hard to find food as it was back when the parks first opened this spring. We normally just go with the flow but I thought I HAD to have reservations if we want to eat in November. Glad it seems to be back to normal now.
Yep, you will be good! With that being said we ate lunch at 11:00am and Dinner at 5:15, anything later then those two times it started getting pretty crazy (like usual). Have fun!

I don't use the links, I just get straight on the Disneyland app when I see the alert pop up and book the reservation that way. Got Blue Bayou yesterday using Mouse dining alert

That said, I will have a BB to drop as soon as my brother decides he feels like texting me back 🙄 Also, apparently half the people I'm traveling with, including him, are a bit on the flaky side so making reservations has been all over the place. How easy is it to add one person when you show up, possible or not at all? Two people? And does it matter if you have one less than the reservation? Thanks!
Having less people is fine, as long as someone shows up.

Adding people would depend on your table size. If you book for 3 or 5, you can usually add a person since that’s the same table either way. (This is not guaranteed, but usually ok). But if you book for 4 and then try to bump it to 5, that won’t work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter