Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

I'm a Disneyland newbie (WDW veteran)
Carthy Lounge Alfresco vs. Lamplight for lunch? Thoughts?
Currently we're doing Carthay Lounge Alfresco for lunch and Lamplight for dinner. Although if I had to pick between the two and just select one option, I think my families choice would be Lamplight easily. More options on the menu that my family would enjoy, plus we are HUGE fans of the Pixar movies and looking forward to seeing all the Pixar artwork in the restaurant.

Alas, no Carthay for me for earlish August. Not sure if it is the size of our group or just bad luck with the days I'm picking. Well poop.
I have a family of 5 and for some table service reservations to show up, I had to select my party size at 2 and make the reservation. Then once the reservation is booked, you're able to edit the number of people on that reservation. I know I had to do that with Oga's, as they had nothing listed for a party of 5. Although when I reserved for a party of 2, I was able to edit that reservation and select a party of 5.

I wonder if the reason DCA restaurants aren’t showing any times after Sep 8 is due to OBB and figuring out the times and such on OBB nights.

I have a family of 5 and for some table service reservations to show up, I had to select my party size at 2 and make the reservation. Then once the reservation is booked, you're able to edit the number of people on that reservation. I know I had to do that with Oga's, as they had nothing listed for a party of 5. Although when I reserved for a party of 2, I was able to edit that reservation and select a party of 5.

I've tried that before and not had it work for me. That said, going to try again :) Thanks for the tip!

If anyone is interested, I have a reservation for Storytellers on Sunday Aug 1 at 10:45 for 3 people I'm going to release soon. Let me know if you want it and I'll coordinate with you.

Last edited:
Wondering the same...I now have Carthay Circle and Lamplight reservations for same night - will need to cancel one but which one?

Depends what you're looking for. We had dinner there one year when we happened to be at DL for our anniversary and wished we hadn't spent the $$ on it. For that price, I want ambience as well as great food. CC is beautiful, but it's still a Disney restaurant inside the park, so lots of sweaty people in shorts, overly tired kids, and parents who are "letting the kids be kids" because it's Disney. Table across the way from us had three kids under 6 who were literally running around the restaurant, including one of them trying to crawl under our table. If I had it to do over again, I'd maybe have drinks in the lounge at Carthay but save the pricey dinner for Napa Rose (where I thought the food was also better, btw).

If anyone is letting go of a Blue Bayou reservation between 9/5-9/10 (except 9/9), I’d be so grateful if you let me know! I’m checking daily but so far no luck. 🤞🏻😊

Blue Bayou, August 18, 12:20 PM, 2 guests, I’m planning on canceling lunch after all. Let me know if you need this to try to coordinate the timing

Still no reservations released for LampLight? 🤔

Sadly still waiting for any DCA restaurants after Sept 8th. Someone did mention the date does correspond to the first Oogie Boogie Bash on Sept 9th so maybe they are trying to figure out the availability or something. I really hope they come soon so I can book my final few restaurants for Sept 11 and 13

We decided to do our Storyteller reservation on the check out day of our first hotel. We'll be picking up a car that morning as well, so we'll need to park at the grand Californian. I know they offer free parking for 3 hours. For this, do you park in the lot immediately in front of the hotel, or do you park across the street?

Beyond that, and beyond dining, is there anything you recommend seeing or doing while at the Grand? We'll probably try to stay the 3 hours we have for parking to get us to check in time for our second hotel, just wasn't sure what, if anything, there is to do there besides just looking around.

Thanks all! We arrive in Anaheim on Saturday and we are very excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter