Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

No, they used to publish all the special menus well in advance (I assume both to build buzz and to help guests decide where they wanted to eat).

No, they used to publish all the special menus well in advance (I assume both to build buzz and to help guests decide where they wanted to eat).
Thanks, glad I wasn't expecting too much assuming that'd be the case. I'll just hope then that this is another instance where they announce something very late due to circumstances around staffing, supply chain issues, things being up in the air, etc. rather than no Thanksgiving foods being offered. We'll be fine no matter what we eat, but would've been nice to nail plans down in advance! Plus I feel bad that I've been holding on to this second reservation.

Plus I feel bad that I've been holding on to this second reservation.
On that last part... I am really struggling with this, b/c I also feel bad about holding onto more reservations than we'll use. DH was pretty much like - doesn't everyone? Well, no, but certainly many do! Disneyland created this beast though. The new 2h cancellation policy is just going to make it worse. If you have no idea which rides are going to be functional/running (i.e. can't really bank on a solid touring plan) or want to maximize Genie+, then you might hold on to reservations in multiple places in both parks right up to the cancellation moment. I figure more walk-ups will be available, though it sucks for detailed planning for us non-locals.

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/11/disneyland-dining-cancellation-policy-jrw1/

Does anyone know if it's possible to update the phone number on dining reservations without cancelling?
My DH has a company phone so I booked all the reservations with my phone # and planned to pay for roaming plan (from Canada). Turns out his plan already has US coverage, so I'd like to switch everything to his phone number and save the money on my mine.

Does anyone know if it's possible to update the phone number on dining reservations without cancelling?
My DH has a company phone so I booked all the reservations with my phone # and planned to pay for roaming plan (from Canada). Turns out his plan already has US coverage, so I'd like to switch everything to his phone number and save the money on my mine.
They have never sent me a message if I recall correctly. Everything is done within the app. You check in and get a notification thru the app as a push notification. No messages sent at all.

They have never sent me a message if I recall correctly. Everything is done within the app. You check in and get a notification thru the app as a push notification. No messages sent at all.

I’ve gotten texts but I believe I gave them the phone number at time of check-in.

There is a text option, but it's when you check in for your reservation on the day. You can use the default number on your Disney account, or you can change it to something else I believe. Then they text you to let you know your table is ready and to come to the host stand. We usually do that, because I trust that I'll get the text better than I will the push notification.

Resurrecting an old thread to share/compare my Recent booking experience to the past couple years.

So we’re making our third Disneyland trip in 3 years, first one being just a few months after the April 2021 reopening and second last year over July 4th, 2022 week. This next trip is second week of August 2023.

The first two trips, if you weren’t on reservations right away, good luck!

Kinda crazy to me to see how much easier it is to make reservations now. I was never at DL before Covid, but I guess I’m now seeing dining reservations returning to their old ways with numerous time slots available for every day of the trip a week after they opened.

Of course, I still make my reservations because I want some things set, but kinda awesome for everyone that doesn’t want to plan so far out.

Awww, one of my favorite thread titles ever :)

Yes, I had a similar experience booking recently after about an 8 month hiatus. I forgot to be right on it in the morning and was still able to get a Lamplight Brunch later in the day. So...what do we think happened? Is it primarily a user behavior change, that people don't feel like they need to book every meal because of a fear of not being able to get food? Did the number of available reservations change that much? Are the parks somehow less attended than before (seems unlikely but just considering every possibility here)? Quick service more enticing? More passholders/locals who don't need to do booked meals every time?

is this true for all bookings in general, did you notice? When we went at the crazy New Years Holiday week some places were fairly easy to book - like Lamplight or Ogas - and others were much harder- like Blue Bayou - or impossible- like Trader Sam's.

Any ideas on trends here?
Resurrecting an old thread to share/compare my Recent booking experience to the past couple years.

So we’re making our third Disneyland trip in 3 years, first one being just a few months after the April 2021 reopening and second last year over July 4th, 2022 week. This next trip is second week of August 2023.

The first two trips, if you weren’t on reservations right away, good luck!

Kinda crazy to me to see how much easier it is to make reservations now. I was never at DL before Covid, but I guess I’m now seeing dining reservations returning to their old ways with numerous time slots available for every day of the trip a week after they opened.

Of course, I still make my reservations because I want some things set, but kinda awesome for everyone that doesn’t want to plan so far out.
S

It could be attendance is a bit light. Out of habit, I check line wait times periodically, and they seem to be a bit shorter than maybe a year ago this time. We're going the last week in September, so our ressie window will be opening up soon.

It is also noticeable that park reservation are not filling up. For tomorrow, 6/15/23, both parks show available.

is this true for all bookings in general, did you notice? When we went at the crazy New Years Holiday week some places were fairly easy to book - like Lamplight or Ogas - and others were much harder- like Blue Bayou - or impossible- like Trader Sam's.

Any ideas on trends here?
Ogas is still filling up it looks like. 60 days out and I can’t find a reservation a few hours after reservations opened. Blue bayou is short on availability, as usual 🤣. Lamplight, prime eating times fill up, but looks like off hours has some availability, but weekdays appear to have better availability.

Snagged Carthay Circle yesterday morning for two, Monday, 9/25/23, 1820 hours. The window opened up dot on time. I'll be trying for lunch at Trader Sam's today. No dinner, as that's our slot for OBB - Tuesday, 9/26/23.

Luck not quite as good with Trader Sam's. Got 1600 hours, Tuesday 9/26/23, but we can live with that.

We are going to OBB on 9/24 and I was able to book Splitsville on arrival day of 9/23 with no problem, a 4:40 Lamplight Lounge on 9/24 and Oga’s at 9:30 on 9/25 with no problems but could not get Trader Sam’s on any of those days despite being on right at 6:00 AM

I am wanting Goofy’s Kitchen for breakfast during our quick trip. It is for my DD’s birthday. I don’t see anything past 9/20. Tomorrow is my 60th day. Is it closed during the week of 9/25?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter