Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Man I am fired up - today ended the last few days that I have been on the Disneyland app scoring ADRs. Each morning I used the Disneyland app on my iPhone and logged into the actual website on my iPad a few minutes before 6am CST (8 for me thank goodness! 😁), refreshed the screen every day at exactly 6am and overall snagged:

Trader Sam’s
Lamplight Lounge x2 (one dinner and one lunch)
Breakfast with Minnie at Plaza
Ogas cantina x2
Carthage Circle Lounge Alfresco lunch
Carnation Cafe late breakfast - hoping to modify to lunch but no worries either way
Cafe Orleans dinner
And Mickeys Storytellers breakfast on our departure non park day

We are rope droppers and always try to eat later in order to maximize low crowd time during the first 2-3 hours of park opening.

This was the maximum number of ADRs I wanted - definitely leaving some room for fast service and snacks like a ronto wrap at Galaxy’s Edge and a Dole Whip of course!

Thanks again to everybody for your insight in this thread - it was a huge help in me getting every restaurant and dining time we were hoping for this trip.

Man I am fired up - today ended the last few days that I have been on the Disneyland app scoring ADRs. Each morning I used the Disneyland app on my iPhone and logged into the actual website on my iPad a few minutes before 6am CST (8 for me thank goodness! 😁), refreshed the screen every day at exactly 6am and overall snagged:

Trader Sam’s
Lamplight Lounge x2 (one dinner and one lunch)
Breakfast with Minnie at Plaza
Ogas cantina x2
Carthage Circle Lounge Alfresco lunch
Carnation Cafe late breakfast - hoping to modify to lunch but no worries either way
Cafe Orleans dinner
And Mickeys Storytellers breakfast on our departure non park day

We are rope droppers and always try to eat later in order to maximize low crowd time during the first 2-3 hours of park opening.

This was the maximum number of ADRs I wanted - definitely leaving some room for fast service and snacks like a ronto wrap at Galaxy’s Edge and a Dole Whip of course!

Thanks again to everybody for your insight in this thread - it was a huge help in me getting every restaurant and dining time we were hoping for this trip.

awesome! all the work and planning paid off :)

what has your experience been re: those 6a new reservation drops -> are they only showing available reservations for the most recent day added to the calendar (@ 60 days)? or do additional reservations for previous days also come available with that 6a drop?

awesome! all the work and planning paid off :)

what has your experience been re: those 6a new reservation drops -> are they only showing available reservations for the most recent day added to the calendar (@ 60 days)? or do additional reservations for previous days also come available with that 6a drop?

For me it has only been reservations for the most recent day added that showed up each time. I had been checking for multiple days for Carnation Cafe until I finally snagged a 10:30 breakfast our last day in the parks.

Anyone know how the walk-up list is for UVA's? My sister's trip is a week before mine, and she's trying to get a reservation for 4 for UVA, but doesn't look like any are available. I didn't realize those were going so fast!

Anyone know how the walk-up list is for UVA's? My sister's trip is a week before mine, and she's trying to get a reservation for 4 for UVA, but doesn't look like any are available. I didn't realize those were going so fast!
I've never had more than a 10 min wait for a table at UVA. (Even with a party of 12.). I think they only open about 1/2 the tables (if that) for reservations. We never make a reservation here.
Any idea why Carnation Cafe didn't drop lunch and dinner but dropped breakfast today? Has this been happening normally?
Yes. Also, they don't drop all their reservations. They drop their initial allotment. Then when managers sit down and calculate employees/tables, they release what they expect to be able to manage. (Heard this directly from a restaurant manager.). Disney drops the minimum tables at 60 days, then adds the rest as they calculate what they really expect to have.

We're going to be at DLR May 3-12, and left dining reservations too late :(--what chances do we have to get into places like Lamplight Lounge and Cafe Orleans?

We're going to be at DLR May 3-12, and left dining reservations too late :(--what chances do we have to get into places like Lamplight Lounge and Cafe Orleans?
Are you looking for lunch at Lamplight, or Brunch? I'd keep checking every day and also set up a reservation alert.

I'm pretty sure LL has a walk up area now, too, that you don't need reservations for. Maybe someone else can clarify.

Just keep checking for cancellations! Cafe Orleans is probably more likely than Lamplight. Just did a quick check and Cafe Orleans has availability for lunch right now on 5/7!

I don't have access to our complete schedule right now, but I think our reservation dates are the 3, 4, 6, 9, and 12th.

Are you looking for lunch at Lamplight, or Brunch? I'd keep checking every day and also set up a reservation alert.

I'm pretty sure LL has a walk up area now, too, that you don't need reservations for. Maybe someone else can clarify.

Lunch or dinner--want to try to lobster nachos! :)

Started setting alerts via Mouse Dining yesterday--been planning this trip since 2019, feels crazy to have dropped the ball on this front.

So a weird morning so far. Today would be 60 days out from the start of our trip. I wanted to book Oga's in case I miss it on Monday which was the day we were wanting to go (June 3). Got it for 11:20 am which is fine. Not much else came up like Carnation Cafe, Trader Sam's, and others. Weird. Trader Sam's is showing no times available at all so maybe they haven't been released yet.

Last edited:
Trader Sam's doesn't seem to be populating for June yet. Both June 1 & 2 are showing "No Times Available". When you check availability it says "There are no schedules available for the date selected". Carnation Cafe only seems to be populating breakfast times for those dates as well. Such a weird system. Going to wildly speculate that maybe that's for the return of dining packages for Fantasmic since Blue Bayou is down.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter